• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's a new season, time to LOL @ the Mets again

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Search is not looking great...

I like to call it "The curse of Willie Randolph"

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's not like the Yankees have had the same GM since 1998 or anything.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's not like the Yankees have had the same GM since 1998 or anything.

It's not a NY problem, it's a Mets problem. If the Yankees job opened up there would be 500 candidates throwing themselves at it. I don't doubt there are people that are scared of the pressure that comes with a NY job but there have to be plenty of guys licking their chops at the idea of an open check book.

Either the league has collectively black balled Cohen and the Mets or nobody wants to answer to someone else in that role (Sandy having final say).

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fault the Mets here and I'm happy to jump on them when they're at fault.

The Mets job here was to offer him a contract, they did and he left (for what amounts to about $500-600k more when you factor in California taxes). Probably did them a favor to be honest. I'll take the $18.4 and a draft pick.

Guy hasn't pitched in 2 years, 2019 he sucked and prior to that he was injury prone and inconsistent. 2015/2016 were great, we loved the ride and the persona but he never lived up to that. We're talking 4+ years since he was a top tier guy.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fault the Mets here and I'm happy to jump on them when they're at fault.

The Mets job here was to offer him a contract, they did and he left (for what amounts to about $500-600k more when you factor in California taxes). Probably did them a favor to be honest. I'll take the $18.4 and a draft pick.

Guy hasn't pitched in 2 years, 2019 he sucked and prior to that he was injury prone and inconsistent. 2015/2016 were great, we loved the ride and the persona but he never lived up to that. We're talking 4+ years since he was a top tier guy.
Mets have a track record for fucking up arm talent in the opinion of someone from the outside looking in.....Thor dark knight degrom the list goes on

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that Mr. Cohen is not happy that Steven Matz signed with the Cardinals. He claims that the agent gave him a promise that the Mets would be given an opportunity to match any offer that came in.
Seriously, I'm not sure I would sign with the Mets right now if I were a pitcher. They don't have a field manager yet and the pitcher won't know how he will be used. Pitchers are creatures of habit and they want to know that their habits will fit in the structure of a ballclub.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Mets for winning the off season.

Not sure I can remember the last team who won the off-season to do anything during the regular or post seasons.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Mets for winning the off season.

Not sure I can remember the last team who won the off-season to do anything during the regular or post seasons.
Awww...poor baby.

Let your tears and your hate flow through you, until it's gone.

You'll be okay.

:lol:

Btw: Sorry about Gausman.

Not.

:D

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you got tears or hate from my post. But carry on with your bad self.
Your post ("congrats on winning the offseason" ) was based on snark and disappointment, while trying to mask your tears & hate for another team's awesome offseason FA acquisitions.

So yeah, indeed....Carry the Hell on.

:thumb:

No worries, dude.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post ("congrats on winning the offseason" ) was based on snark and disappointment, while trying to mask your tears & hate for another team's awesome offseason FA acquisitions.

So yeah, indeed....Carry the Hell on.

:thumb:

No worries, dude.
LOL

if you can name the last team to build their core from the FA market and have a successful season, I am all ears.

As for “tears & hate for another team's awesome offseason FA acquisitions”…. If that helps you sleep at night, enjoy.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

if you can name the last team to build their core from the FA market and have a successful season, I am all ears.

As for “tears & hate for another team's awesome offseason FA acquisitions”…. If that helps you sleep at night, enjoy.
Hahahahaha.

:rolleyes2:

You can try to rationalize or augment your statements and takes all you want.

I'm not gonna deconstruct or criticize those signings, or even imply some historical perspective or precedent....nor would I need/want to.

Saul Good,Man

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahaha.

:rolleyes2:

You can try to rationalize or augment your statements and takes all you want.

I'm not gonna deconstruct or criticize those signings, or even imply some historical perspective or precedent....nor would I need/want to.

Saul Good,Man
If it's historical perspective you need.... @fredsdeadfriend is your man