• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's a new season, time to LOL @ the Mets again

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh at the Mets?

Darin Ruf

for

JD Davis
Thomas Szapucki
NickZwack
Carson Seymour

Ruf for Davis, one up, would have been a big win for the Giants. But we get 3 additional, legit bodies on top of that? I hope the Giants ditched the gun they used in that mugging.

And don’t get e wrong. I LIKE Ruf. He was a very good Giant. But that trade is just mind bottling.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh at the Mets?

Darin Ruf

for

JD Davis
Thomas Szapucki
NickZwack
Carson Seymour

Ruf for Davis, one up, would have been a big win for the Giants. But we get 3 additional, legit bodies on top of that? I hope the Giants ditched the gun they used in that mugging.

And don’t get e wrong. I LIKE Ruf. He was a very good Giant. But that trade is just mind bottling.
I was thinking the same thing about that deal. They are kind of the same player except Davis is mediocre to bad at 3 positions, whereas Ruf is mediocre to bad at only 2 positions. The only angle I can see is that Ruf is a true lefty masher so when you combine him with Vogelbach you have a hell of a DH tandem. Still, I wouldn't mind playing poker with the Mets GM.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing about that deal. They are kind of the same player except Davis is mediocre to bad at 3 positions, whereas Ruf is mediocre to bad at only 2 positions. The only angle I can see is that Ruf is a true lefty masher so when you combine him with Vogelbach you have a hell of a DH tandem. Still, I wouldn't mind playing poker with the Mets GM.
If the trade were Ruf for Szapucki one up, it would have been in the Mets favor, but I would have been ok with the sell since Ruf didn’t fit the Giants roster any more and Szapucki has 6 years of team control and has potential as a starter. Zwack and Seymour are lotto tix, so they really are just sweeteners, but both have looked good for the Giants since coming over.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize they gave up that much for Ruf. He's a platoon player.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,118.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more laughing at the Mets if you ask me if they win tonight. They will have proven alot people wrong in my opinion

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone photoshop a Mets hat onto Homer, because even the toaster is laughing at them.