• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It’s that time- Predict the Broncos 2022 Record

Preseason is Over, it’s Time to make your prediction for 2022 Broncos wins!

• Total voters

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other part of this for me of why I am so high on the Broncos this year (homerism aside) is because of the balance they bring compared to the rest of the division. They can win games multiple ways. One week it might be the defense is just playing lights out and the offense only needs to put up 20 points to win. The next week it could be the run game going for 200-yards as the other team decides they don't want Wilson and the skill players to beat them. Then the next week they decide to load up the box and Wilson destroys them over the top. I don't think you can look at the rest of the division and say they can do that with confidence. Chargers would be the next closest in all around roster.

I do agree Chiefs will be great as they do have the best head coach and QB in the division. That is probably worth at least 8 wins just by itself. They will find a way to win 10-games as they work in all of these new pieces.

Chargers have a ton of talent. I question a little Staley as a head coach though. He made a ton of questionable decisions last year. He was actually too aggressive as a coach and cost his team at least a few games.

Raiders I don't see the talent that you do. I see the top end talent. The top about 5-6 guys on the roster could be the best of any team in the league. They have a huge drop off after that. The defense is full of holes and that OL could be the worst in football. Those are two big things to be missing especially with a QB like Carr that depends so much on good OL play for him to be successful.

That is true about the Raiders. Plus the league wants them to be successful because Las Vegas is big money. The Raiders do get a lot of hype and because I don't follow as closely as I used to I maybe bought into some of it.

The Chargers and Broncos have the most complete rosters, but can they actually combine that and their coaching to get it done? I still can't believe not playing for the tie and taking the sure playoff appearance. At that point final W-L wouldn't have mattered. At that point getting into the playoffs was the only thing that should have mattered. Hopefully they haven't learned.

I think Wilson is going to like it here in Denver. He's got more around him (including the O-line) than he has ever had in Seattle. I think we may see him revive his career.

With the league now at 17 games I think the difference between #1 seed and #7 seed is even less pronounced than ever. That may seem counter intuitive but I think we are going to see a lot of teams get locked into a seed early or at least lose the chance to contend for a bye since now only one team gets a bye, and put it in cruise control to close out the season. The new schedule is idiotic and will water down the regular season. The result? The 9-8 #7 seed is conceivably every bit as much a contender as the 12-5 #1 seed.

So the Broncos truly only need to get to 10 wins. Get into the playoffs and don't worry about seeding, going on the road, etc. Just get 10 wins and be a good post season team.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17-0, is that even a question? I’ve already got us there on Madden. Some crazy how the NFC Championship game was Tampa against the Giants. I don’t see Daniel Jones leading them that far, but I digress.

If my playthrough of the season is any indication, Wilson is throwing 61 TDs, 0 INTs, Gordon will rush for 2,000 yards, Williams will be over 1,800 yards and we’re gonna be the greatest team of all-time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true about the Raiders. Plus the league wants them to be successful because Las Vegas is big money. The Raiders do get a lot of hype and because I don't follow as closely as I used to I maybe bought into some of it.

The Chargers and Broncos have the most complete rosters, but can they actually combine that and their coaching to get it done? I still can't believe not playing for the tie and taking the sure playoff appearance. At that point final W-L wouldn't have mattered. At that point getting into the playoffs was the only thing that should have mattered. Hopefully they haven't learned.

I think Wilson is going to like it here in Denver. He's got more around him (including the O-line) than he has ever had in Seattle. I think we may see him revive his career.

With the league now at 17 games I think the difference between #1 seed and #7 seed is even less pronounced than ever. That may seem counter intuitive but I think we are going to see a lot of teams get locked into a seed early or at least lose the chance to contend for a bye since now only one team gets a bye, and put it in cruise control to close out the season. The new schedule is idiotic and will water down the regular season. The result? The 9-8 #7 seed is conceivably every bit as much a contender as the 12-5 #1 seed.

So the Broncos truly only need to get to 10 wins. Get into the playoffs and don't worry about seeding, going on the road, etc. Just get 10 wins and be a good post season team.

I mean we saw this last year with the Bengals going on the road and finding big time victory. The top seed with the Titans and Packers struggled. I honestly think sometimes those bye weeks end up being more of a curse than a helper. The team usually comes out flat compared to the team that hasn't stopped playing.

To me all I care about this year is seeing the Broncos make the playoffs. Get that monkey off their back and get these young guys some confidence that they can win. Got to get the stink of defeat out of that locker room.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean we saw this last year with the Bengals going on the road and finding big time victory. The top seed with the Titans and Packers struggled. I honestly think sometimes those bye weeks end up being more of a curse than a helper. The team usually comes out flat compared to the team that hasn't stopped playing.

To me all I care about this year is seeing the Broncos make the playoffs. Get that monkey off their back and get these young guys some confidence that they can win. Got to get the stink of defeat out of that locker room.

There was a window of time starting with that debacle between the Broncos and Seahawks where only the top 2 seeds reached the SB.

Broncos-Seahawks
Partiots-Seahawks
Broncos-Panthers
Patriots-Falcons
Patriots-Eagles
Patriots-Rams
Chiefs-49ers

Then that run stopped but the 2020 season was also the first with. 7 playoff teams. But for 7 straight seasons it was teams who had a bye week in the Super Bowl. That's pretty cool but with 17 games and 7 playoff teams, this likelihood is increasingly diminished. Sure, that list I just posted features a few matchups between #1 seeds and that's sill a possibility. I just think it's less likely given the way the 17th game changes the dynamic. I wasn't crazy about the 7th playoff seed. But that 17th game is really stupid. I think it is going to result in a lot of pre-season style football in the last 2 even 3 weeks of the NFL season. Over time we'll see if I'm right.