• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Israel Idonije scheduled to visit Halas Hall

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think DJ will play MLB?

OH, no I do, but I'm worried about his health and who on the Bears can step in, if he can't go... I'm thinking Bostic isn't the answer in the middle. Maybe outside, but not middle. Technically Shea has the size and speed to play MLB. Does he have it between the ears... I don't know. And, I really really wouldn't mind if we find someone better at MLB, that wouldn't be bad either.

Last edited by a moderator:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jernigan is NOT an NT. I don't know where you read that, but it's quite wrong. He's definitely the 4-3 undertackle you want if the reports on him are right. He's bigger than Melton, sure, but remember that Melton was small under and he was only able to get away with that because he was so quick. Donald could be good too. And I doubt "if he isn't there" will apply...unless of course someone trades up to grab him. I just don't see the teams ahead of us in the draft taking him.

I don't really follow college football so I go off of what guys have to say on line, I really thought this kid did a great job breaking down both Jernigan and Donald if you catch his review on Donald it is also very impressive.

The Notebook: Timmy Jernigan has the power - SBNation.com

I do realize it is just one guys opinion, but he defends it well.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cubzzzfanincali

OH, no I do, but I'm worried about his health and who on the Bears can step in, if he can't go... I'm thinking Bostic isn't the answer in the middle. Maybe outside, but not middle. Technically Shea has the size and speed to play MLB. Does he have it between the ears... I don't know. And, I really really wouldn't mind if we find someone better at MLB, that wouldn't be bad either.

that's a good article, but while he played NT in college, he clearly isn't suited for it in the NFL. you are the "giant" 3-4 NT guy, you can see that yourself!

He's a great athletic pass rusher. He is actually an ideal 4-3 gap shooting DT, at least on paper and tape and logic. But who knows.

More to the point, Emery clearly will tip his hand when the draft comes. If we stay in a 4-3, he has a choice about under versus over alignment, and right now, I am thinking we go over, and play 4-3, and have a better run defense but then it's up to the secondary. If the front 7 does it's job, great. I think the secondary we have on paper will service 2014. But when the front 7 gets injured, the secondary will need someone better.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my thoughts. I'm not who's what technique guy. Just think a good D-line now a days , consists of 3 big fucks, and a De who can rush the QB. If you get those ingredients, A DC should be able to work w/them.
Ratliff & Houston are 2 of the big fucks. Young being the rusher. We another big fuck. Nix would be my choice, if healthy.
The big fucks keep the opposing O-Lineman off your LBs. Allowing them to make plays.
Like I said. The DC should be able to adjust to what he has. Not sure Mel has it in him.

C

cubzzzfanincali

First there was the Tampa 2, now there's the Big Fucks 3.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are cracking me up... I can just hear the "BEEPS" now when Grueden or Schlereth describing the Big BLEEP 3 defense on ESPN.

I honestly wouldn't mind a healthy Nix with our pick, he is also a difference maker, love his motor.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big uglies.

We got it done last year on the o-line...wanna see the same this year on the Dline.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad to see IZZY back, we need he really bad last season, the lions rarely used him.