• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Westbrook the most gifted guard in NBA history ?..

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's now a valid question. Magic was magic and MJ was supreme, but neither filled a stat sheet like this kid does, and he does it almost every night. He has everything in spades athletically, and I've never seen a player with better stamina.
Discuss please

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's now a valid question. Magic was magic and MJ was supreme, but neither filled a stat sheet like this kid does, and he does it almost every night. He has everything in spades athletically, and I've never seen a player with better stamina.
Discuss please
I still think Oscar Robertson was the greatest guard in NBA history... The Big O was an offensive force and a great defensive player.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Westbrook is doing is pretty amazing. I just laugh at douchebag Mark Cuban for saying Westbrook is not a star. To answer the OP question, no he is not the best guard or near it in history, but he is pretty darn good.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Westbrook is doing is pretty amazing. I just laugh at douchebag Mark Cuban for saying Westbrook is not a star. To answer the OP question, no he is not the best guard or near it in history, but he is pretty darn good.
Mark Cuban is jealous that he doesn't have a player like Westbrook.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I tend to agree. I actually believe that Mark Cuban believes the garbage he says though.
He seemed to lose interest in the team after his reality show Shark Tank became a hit.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan was easily the most uniquely artistic athlete, almost poetic really. Magic was well, magic, the most creative PG to ever suit up. Stockton was technically the best pure PG, but none of them could match Westbrook's combination of scoring, passing and rebounding. Look at how easily he got his rebounds and assist tonight when he wasn't looking to score as often. In 27 minutes he got his 12 assist and 14 boards literally without breaking a sweat.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan was easily the most uniquely artistic athlete, almost poetic really. Magic was well, magic, the most creative PG to ever suit up. Stockton was technically the best pure PG, but none of them could match Westbrook's combination of scoring, passing and rebounding. Look at how easily he got his rebounds and assist tonight when he wasn't looking to score as often. In 27 minutes he got his 12 assist and 14 boards literally without breaking a sweat.
I guess it is really all determined by how you define "gifted".

Him and Jordan are both freak athletes

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I tend to agree. I actually believe that Mark Cuban believes the garbage he says though.

You can't tell when someone is trolling?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it is really all determined by how you define "gifted".

Him and Jordan are both freak athletes

And Giannis, and LeBron, there are many. Russell is among the most athletic ever, if not the most.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure they could.

MJ played point for a stretch of 10 games under Doug Collins in the 80s and recorded 7 triple doubles. Magic had pretty sick lines for full seasons, but never played on a team so devoid of offensive talent.

If Magic or MJ had TRIED to average a triple double, they probably could have. But, it would not have been in the best interest of their teams.

Westbrook might be the most physically gifted guard I have ever seen, but he isn't the best.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they could.

MJ played point for a stretch of 10 games under Doug Collins in the 80s and recorded 7 triple doubles. Magic had pretty sick lines for full seasons, but never played on a team so devoid of offensive talent.

If Magic or MJ had TRIED to average a triple double, they probably could have. But, it would not have been in the best interest of their teams.

Westbrook might be the most physically gifted guard I have ever seen, but he isn't the best.

Forgot to mention Wilt (I know, not a guard). He was an athletic freak too, ran track for pete's sake at that height. They gave him shit for not passing enough so he went out and led the league in assists the next year just because.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the NBA play defense?

Yes, damn good defense.
It's far better overall now than in the great period in the 1980s when The Lakers and Celtics ruled.
The low post clubbing isn't allowed now, but that wasn't really a skill in my opinion.