• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this how far our society has fallen???

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think they're different you aren't paying attention, or just paying attention to the wrong information. That's fine. The fear-mongering of one side to other will continue for the next 8 years, in which case we will switch sides and the same thing will happen.

This analogy in the restaurants is just stupid now. I'm not eating at a restaurant that serves poison if I don't have to eat, which in the case of voting, I don't have to do. Voting isn't the same as eating in that my life does not depend on it. I will not support a candidate who doesn't deserve my support just because that person is "better" than the other candidate who doesn't deserve my support. If you are just going to vote for the candidate with a "D" or an "R" next to their name, you might as well not pay attention and just vote along the party lines. Why the hell would I support a party that doesn't hold the same values I do?

You can't honestly believe the Hillary would be doing ANY of the things that Trump has done to date. Most elections yes, you can argue that the Repubs and Dems are shades of the same centrist-to-conservative populace (Dems haven't truly been liberals in a long time). Not with Trump involved.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor issues.

Countries around the world, including Canadia are going to have to come to grips with the fact that Trump is going seek trade deals that are at least "fair" to the American worker.

If by 'fair' you mean, 'heavily favoring America.' Then yeah.

Boo fucking hoo. Work harder. Start investing in your own infrastructure. Quit your fucking whining.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't honestly believe the Hillary would be doing ANY of the things that Trump has done to date. Most elections yes, you can argue that the Repubs and Dems are shades of the same centrist-to-conservative populace (Dems haven't truly been liberals in a long time). Not with Trump involved.
The exact things? No. But she would do nothing to stop the expansion of government intervention that has skyrocketed under the last two presidents, as well as continue to fight an endless war under the veil of "American interests".

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by 'fair' you mean, 'heavily favoring America.' Then yeah.

Boo fucking hoo. Work harder. Start investing in your own infrastructure. Quit your fucking whining.

Are you retarded?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you retarded?

Feel free to articulate in your own words, why inefficient outdated operations in the US should be sheltered. Adapt or die. Live your free market ideals, or don't.

Billythekid

I'LL MAKE YA FAMOUS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It made a lot of people step up and help others. Clearly not everything is going to be fixed, but at least he's trying. He has a voice and he used it. He had to go about it in a different way and it worked.
He didn't do jack shit. I can think of others who actually did something of substance. His only "contribution" was wearing an NFL uniform

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't do jack shit. I can think of others who actually did something of substance. His only "contribution" was wearing an NFL uniform

Sure has people in here blowing a gasket over being irrelevant then. Funny that.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is blowing a gasket? He is small blip on the radar screen

Read the thread. Not me, certainly. America has BROAD shoulders, but apparently Kaep pissed in America's cornflakes from the response.

Look at the title of the thread for crissakes.

'Is this how far our society has fallen?'

animals-us_economy-pie_in_the_sky-washington-american_politician-chicken-jcon3501_low.jpg

Billythekid

I'LL MAKE YA FAMOUS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the thread. Not me, certainly. America has BROAD shoulders, but apparently Kaep pissed in America's cornflakes from the response.

Look at the title of the thread for crissakes.

'Is this how far our society has fallen?'

animals-us_economy-pie_in_the_sky-washington-american_politician-chicken-jcon3501_low.jpg
Meh, the sky is not falling, but it cries over spilled milk far to much

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to articulate in your own words, why inefficient outdated operations in the US should be sheltered. Adapt or die. Live your free market ideals, or don't.

Yes, apparently you are retarded.

Inefficient and outdated operations? :L Having to compete against subsidized Canadian timber companies is the root of problem and the game is over.
Canada vows to fight back as Trump administration slaps new duties on softwood lumber

The milk issue is a bit murkier to me, but again it appears that the Canadian dairy industry and the government ran an end around around the spirit of NAFTA (garbage) and it is undercutting American dairy farmers. That we finally have a president that is advocating for American workers is refreshing.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex needs to do some real research rather than listen to the Gasbag's fake stories.

I've worked in the forest industry all my life and have never seen a subsidy.......

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, apparently you are retarded.

Inefficient and outdated operations? :L Having to compete against subsidized Canadian timber companies is the root of problem and the game is over.
Canada vows to fight back as Trump administration slaps new duties on softwood lumber

The milk issue is a bit murkier to me, but again it appears that the Canadian dairy industry and the government ran an end around around the spirit of NAFTA (garbage) and it is undercutting American dairy farmers. That we finally have a president that is advocating for American workers is refreshing.

Oh ffs. Duties being slapped on and off commodities between the world's largest trading partners has been happening since time immemorial, and will continue whether or not there's negotiated 'free trade.' All 'free trade' does is offer up agreed upon mechanisms for resolving disputes.

Softwood lumber isn't directly 'subsidized' either. It's just a different way of determining the stumpage rate. It's a provincial jurisdiction, you know, just like the whole golden 'state's rights' in the US.

Protectionism happens both ways. The Montana beef industry took advantage of the 'mad cow' scare to block Canadian beef LONG after the all clear was given. That's just how business is done.

I get cranky when people try to pretend that there's some big mysterious gaming of the system going on, and America is always the poor victim. America is the 800 lb gorilla in the relationship, and the idea that it's America always getting bent over without lube is fucking ridiculous.

Trump throws out that nonsense to placate his base that doesn't know any better.

Canada and the US have had a long and profitable and MUTUALLY beneficial trading relationship for, well since Canada has been around. The system is set up as it is BECAUSE it benefitted America. Branch plants and resource flow.

To cry that the game is rigged against America is specious nonsense.

ARE there now and then advantages to be had either way? Of course there are. That's business.

If you can't handle it, get the fuck out of the board room.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex needs to do some real research rather than listen to the Gasbag's fake stories.

I've worked in the forest industry all my life and have never seen a subsidy.......

A simple google will show him that it isn't a direct subsidy. It's stumpage being set by the province, instead of by a bunch of individual timber 'owners.'

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A simple google will show him that it isn't a direct subsidy. It's stumpage being set by the province, instead of by a bunch of individual timber 'owners.'

We have some companies that own their land and pay no stumpage. But Crown land comes with stumpage.

The easier it is to get the wood, the higher the value of the wood, etc, the higher the stumpage.

You have to go to Timbuktu and build roads to get there, stumpage will be lower.

I've doing a cost survey as I speak that the government requires us to do so they can review how much they are gouging us and to see if they can gouge out some more.

The biggest advantage we have right now is the shit kicking the Cdn Loonie is taking. Exchange if you are able to sell externally in US shekels is huge. Of course buying anything from south of the 49th is the opposite..... But logging companies don't buy much from the States.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a lot more than that. The electoral voters are supposed to protect the country from the popular vote electing a populist candidate like Trump. The electoral voters are not doing their job; they are just standing by and rubber-stamping the election.

Actually I don't think that is true at all the electoral college did what it was supposed to do and the election results bare that out.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People complain when there is violent protests. People complain about Kaep taking a knee. How does one go about protesting?

I don't love the way he did it but it got people talking. That's what you hope for when protesting. I don't see it as spitting on the flag. If trump says "make America great again". What is he saying it is now? That statement is more offensive to me than Kaep taking a knee.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit. :stephena:

The timber in your part of Canadia is owned (thus subsidized) by the Canadian government and that is why the tariffs mostly target western concerns.

The Maritime Timber Companies are only being taxed at less that 4% because they are almost exclusively private concerns.

Pretty comical that you and the angry Canook, @chf are telling me to do some fucking research :L

Of course , if your dollar didn't suck your commie fucking gumming might not be so inclined to try to game the system. Sucks for you that our little Marxist dictator wannabe is on permanent vacation and things are bit different, eh?