• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this 2019 LSU Team the best ever/sorry 1995 Nebraska but I think so

Is the LSU team the Best Ever

• Total voters

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Nebraska fans defend their 1995 team so strongly is they haven't done a lot since then. If the Huskers had won a few more National Championships since then they'd be saying things like "the '95 team was damn good but I think our 2006 team would have beaten them and maybe the 2013 team". I still hear Oklahoma people talking about how good the 2000 OU National Championship team was when they probably were not the best team OU has had in the past 20 years. We all instinctively defend our "greatest teams".

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Nebraska fans defend their 1995 team so strongly is they haven't done a lot since then. If the Huskers had won a few more National Championships since then they'd be saying things like "the '95 team was damn good but I think our 2006 team would have beaten them and maybe the 2013 team". I still hear Oklahoma people talking about how good the 2000 OU National Championship team was when they probably were not the best team OU has had in the past 20 years. We all instinctively defend our "greatest teams".

The 2000 ou team was really good defensively but it was an ugly ugly product on the field to watch. I remember watching the championship vs Florida St in the TV room at the barracks I was stationed at. A majority vote wanted to put in a movie instead of continuing to watch that game after the 3rd qtr completed.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2000 ou team was really good defensively but it was an ugly ugly product on the field to watch. I remember watching the championship vs Florida St in the TV room at the barracks I was stationed at. A majority vote wanted to put in a movie instead of continuing to watch that game after the 3rd qtr completed.

It was an ugly game. But I was a lot happier after that game than any of the "classics" we've lost since then. A helluva D coupled with a working man's offense can get the job done some years. We seem to have forgotten that philosophy somewhere along the way. Now we have a Lamborghini offense and a Yugo defense. Lots of wins and zip for national championships.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an ugly game. But I was a lot happier after that game than any of the "classics" we've lost since then. A helluva D coupled with a working man's offense can get the job done some years. We seem to have forgotten that philosophy somewhere along the way. Now we have a Lamborghini offense and a Yugo defense. Lots of wins and zip for national championships.

Hell, a few of Saban’s championships at gumpville lived on that early on.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also defend it because it was more dominant than any team in the last 50+ years.