• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is There a QB In The League....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaepernick would have still gotten in there. It seemed like Harbaugh was just looking for a reason to get kaepernick the job; and rightly so as it turns out.

You know that I'm the biggest Alex Smith fan here and normally I would have seen what happened last year as awful for him, but I actually think that things worked out the best for EVERYONE. Now, not everyone will agree with what I say next, but:

Kaepernick gets to play to his full capability and not be on the bench. He got to develop faster for this year than he would have on the bench. Harbaugh got to play the guy he trusted best and knew was ready and gave him a better shot. He doesn't have to spend nearly as much with the press about his QB. Baalke got to get more draft ammo without looking like he was making a leap of faith (however apparent it may have seemed if Smith had lost in the first round of the playoffs).

Smith, at best, IMO, wouldn't have gotten further than Kaepernick did and would likely not ever even gotten that far (will explain), and now doesn't have to accept losing in the playoffs or SB, which I think was more than likely. I've mentioned before how a different gameplan built for Smith might mean we weren't ever down by 17 to Atlanta and Green Bay was a weaker team, IMO, even with Rodgers > Smith. I won't say that equals a win, just didn't like the "Smith never would have come back from 17 down" - even though I agree with that if we fell down by that much (though some of the comeback was due to a fumble and Gore run). Now, Smith gets to start on a team where he's the best QB on the team right now. He gets to have an offensive minded coach who trusts him and is pass-happy. As long as the difficulty level of the passes and the correct downs are used, he can take advantage of that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think Kap is who most teams would want. Even Denver would take Kap because they know Payton only has like 2-3 years left. Kap has what 10 years left.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, and that is exactly why I said "better" as one of the three things that come to mind with Kaepernick over Griffin.

I stand corrected, only the "bigger, stronger......." registered.... :-(

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As somebody else said, Aaron Rodgers. Hes still got a lot of years left.

Also, others might disagree, but Id say Andrew Luck. That guy has it all- possibly the best arm among young QB's in the game, good running ability (not quite Kaep though), and a great head on his shoulders.

Id still rather have Kaep, but Luck is right there.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As somebody else said, Aaron Rodgers. Hes still got a lot of years left.

Also, others might disagree, but Id say Andrew Luck. That guy has it all- possibly the best arm among young QB's in the game, good running ability (not quite Kaep though), and a great head on his shoulders.

Id still rather have Kaep, but Luck is right there.

Luck does look very good. I'm happy with our boy though. It will be interesting to compare them when they come to Candlestick in two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick throws for 400 + yards. Griffin gets his team two first downs in the entire first half of his game. Any questions?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of an argument is it to say that " In 3-4 year RG3 will be the best passer in the league."

That is pretty lame.

A proper response to such ridiculousness would be.....

In five years Kaepernick will be the greatest QB to have ever played the game... I just got in my time machine and went and looked. Its true.

He's pretty damn close right now. Kaepernick isn't close to the passer griffin is.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pretty damn close right now. Kaepernick isn't close to the passer griffin is.

I am watching RGIII right now... he isn't backing up your argument.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, those two first downs he managed on offense against the Eagles tonight in the first half attest to that

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subsitute the word "idiots" for "champions" in your post above and you've got it.

Name one all time great who ever voluntarily pulled themselves.

That is the coach's job and it wasn't needed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Yep, those two first downs he managed on offense against the Eagles tonight in the first half attest to that

Relying on one game (especially the first game back after a severe knee injury) with minimal help from his teammates is a poor way to make an argument. And RG3 has still made some pretty throws.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with Luck for a couple of reasons. One, I'm not sold on the read option in the NFL. Some of these young running QBs are going to get hurt, a la, RG3. They just don't survive long in the NFL. Two, I like Luck's smarts and command of the game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Luck may already be the best QB in the league. Remember what Jon Kitna said about Carson Palmer? I think he meant Andrew Luck. It's like God touched his arm and said, "You're a quarterback."

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relying on one game (especially the first game back after a severe knee injury) with minimal help from his teammates is a poor way to make an argument. And RG3 has still made some pretty throws.

I haven't seen him throw a ball more than 8 yards downfield all night.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are the most subtle troll on the boards. Looking back to all of your posts all you do is talk shit and downplay the 49ers and their players. You have a very pretentious way about you in your posts. RG3 might never be the same. He looked scared out there and was really bad. Palmer was never the same after his injury. Who's to say RG3 won't be the same. I take Kap over RG3 8 days a week if nothing but the fact that RG3 is going to be injured every year he is in the league (see Mike Vick) and Kap is not only big enough to take the hits, but he avoids getting hit in the first place.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not relying on one game. comparing both of their seasons and this years first start.... Kap is superior

RGIII is a great player. Kaep is better.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the most subtle troll on the boards. Looking back to all of your posts all you do is talk shit and downplay the 49ers and their players. You have a very pretentious way about you in your posts. RG3 might never be the same. He looked scared out there and was really bad. Palmer was never the same after his injury. Who's to say RG3 won't be the same. I take Kap over RG3 8 days a week if nothing but the fact that RG3 is going to be injured every year he is in the league (see Mike Vick) and Kap is not only big enough to take the hits, but he avoids getting hit in the first place.

I have said time and time again that the niners are the Super Bowl favorites out of the NFC. I just won't agree with every homer opinion some of you guys have. Kaepernick has potential (and more than many), but RG3 has by far more upside than any player at any position in the league.