• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is There a QB In The League....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still think Kap has higher upside than RGIII and I like Kap's intangibles a little more as well.

Ultimately if RGIII remains healthy I think you would be mostly splitting hairs between the two though.

over time, well see who continues to pass well? if both passes well, then you're right about splitting hairs. at this point Kaep is on a better team and doesn't need to run. IMO RG still has to run more (than Kaep) to keep that offense 'dangerous'.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right that it's not close. Everything griffin does is better but protect himself, and that is fairly easily taught.

Bwah ha ha ha! That's a good one.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over time, well see who continues to pass well? if both passes well, then you're right about splitting hairs. at this point Kaep is on a better team and doesn't need to run. IMO RG still has to run more (than Kaep) to keep that offense 'dangerous'.

Bigger, stronger, better are the three things that come to mind when comparing Kaepernick to Griffin.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bigger, stronger, better are the three things that come to mind when comparing Kaepernick to Griffin.

yes, but isn't the question 'is there a better QB' as opposed to who is more physically gifted?

for example, if Kaep regresses in his passing skills, and RG improves, who is the better QB under this scenario? and is IS a made up scenario for those about to get defensive. :-)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, but isn't the question 'is there a better QB' as opposed to who is more physically gifted?

for example, if Kaep regresses in his passing skills, and RG improves, who is the better QB under this scenario? and is IS a made up scenario for those about to get defensive. :-)

From what I've seen so far, I'll take Kaepernick and not give it a second thought. If Griffin turns out to be better Qb then so be it but I would not second guess myself after seeing what I've seen of the two.

I actually see Griffin as a very selfish player who is most concerned with promoting himself above the team; wants the team to be successful as long as he's part of it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, and that is exactly why I said "better" as one of the three things that come to mind with Kaepernick over Griffin.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm from Indy so i see every game from Luck. Now i love we have CK7, but Luck just has it. He would be the only 1, but not by much.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe you are two pages in and Seahawks fan stating how much better Russell Wilson is.

Kap is good I might take RG3 over him but Ill see where EJ Manuel goes before making any final decision.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question is if you're choosing or to lead your team, though, not taking their whole surrounding cast with them. In 3-4 year RG3 will be the best passer in the league. He's already pretty damn close.

To whoever said Kaep is more poise or a better leader, RG3 carried that team on a shredded knee and with better play calling beats Seattle, without a lot of surrounding talent. I'm not sure how you question him on that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is if you're choosing or to lead your team, though, not taking their whole surrounding cast with them. In 3-4 year RG3 will be the best passer in the league. He's already pretty damn close.

To whoever said Kaep is more poise or a better leader, RG3 carried that team on a shredded knee and with better play calling beats Seattle, without a lot of surrounding talent. I'm not sure how you question him on that.

Griffin refused to come out of the game even though he knew he was playing terrible in that condition. He wanted to be the hero more than he wanted his team to win that game.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Griffin refused to come out of the game even though he knew he was playing terrible in that condition. He wanted to be the hero more than he wanted his team to win that game.

Some will chalk that up to being ultra-competitive. I think it's just plain stupid.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Champions don't pull themselves.

Period.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What kind of an argument is it to say that " In 3-4 year RG3 will be the best passer in the league."

That is pretty lame.

A proper response to such ridiculousness would be.....

In five years Kaepernick will be the greatest QB to have ever played the game... I just got in my time machine and went and looked. Its true.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
....You'd rather have right now than Kaepernick? Considering future potential, I'm hard pressed to think of one.

Even though Kap is dumb and a thug??? You've sure changed your tune quickly.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I might take Luck. Right now, he's probably the only one.

I'm interested to see more of Russell Wilson. He's got legit talent, I just don't know how well he can play in the pocket. He's incredible at getting out and buying time, and can make tough throws under pressure. But in the relatively few games I've seen, he's struggled to run called plays from the pocket. I have to wonder if the height thing is part of it. Though his OL was really struggling this past week, so it's tough to judge too much based on that.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I've seen so far, I'll take Kaepernick and not give it a second thought. If Griffin turns out to be better Qb then so be it but I would not second guess myself after seeing what I've seen of the two.

I actually see Griffin as a very selfish player who is most concerned with promoting himself above the team; wants the team to be successful as long as he's part of it.

Like branding and trademarking the name RGIII. A player like Kap would never do that...:L

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some will chalk that up to being ultra-competitive. I think it's just plain stupid.

Yep. And I believe he did it for selfish reasons.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champions don't pull themselves.

Period.

Subsitute the word "idiots" for "champions" in your post above and you've got it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though Kap is dumb and a thug??? You've sure changed your tune quickly.

I can overlook that stuff if he continues to play this way. Besides I somewhat softened my stance on that last week and said so on this very board when I heard about some of the things he does for people.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like branding and trademarking the name RGIII. A player like Kap would never do that...:L

I never said Kaepernick wasn't a self-promoter who does some douchy things, I said he was a better player.