• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there a larger fanbase in the NFL that is more unrealistic than Cowboys fans?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Raiders fans are trying really hard to reclaim their former title of most delusional. Or maybe it's just me looking across the web.

This. Absolutely this. I've never heard more SB-winning predictions from anyone than Raider fans over the last 20 years.

They were looking for sculptors to do Jamarcus Russell's HOF bust before he was drafted.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course OP is no where to be found

made the post and was on tHoop 2 hours later......

backfired,,.....

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simply amazing how defensive some Patriots fans get in regards to Rodgers. It's almost as if they have to find some way to damage his reputation so he doesn't mar the accomplishments of Brady. Rest assured, my good man. Brady will make the Hall Of Fame. But just because Rodgers is a better QB, doesn't diminish what Brady has accomplished.

Trolling Green Bay fans equals being defensive about Brady in your world, huh? I guess if you say so.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The advantage of growing up as a Chargers fan is that I learned early on as a child how to remain humble and handle disappointment and crushing defeat with grace.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only realistic fanbase is the Eagles. Everybody else thought they were throwing snowballs at Santa Claus.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I think of delusional fans, I think of the Redskins. Maybe it's because I live in Maryland and listen to sports radio shows, but we also have the Ravens, and while they are by no means brain surgeons, they don't claim their team to be Super Bowl contenders EVERY SINGLE OFFSEASON the way that 'skins fans do.

But I think the title has to go to the Patriots fanbase, who still claim that their organization is 100% clean and all allegations against them (even going back to Spygate) is just the NFL making up things to hate on them.

I think that this is pretty much based on where you live & the fact that this type of things wears on you after a while (understandable). Some of the posts here kind of back up your pt (for fans of several teams).

I really get a kick out of reading comments like this about the Redskins. Being a Skins fan & knowing lots of other fans I believe it is quite the opposite. Most Redskins fans I know are very wary of predicted upcoming success for the team since we have been burned so many times in the past. I don't really even have high hopes for the coming season. However - I have a lot of faith that this team will do well in the long term because of the current GM. IMO the team will improve due to the draft & lower profile signings - not the big name signings that you allude to - we will see. I know of no Redskins fans that are predicting SB (or even close) for the upcoming season.

You are probably basing your opinion on over the top fans who you see here, you hear on talk radio or read via tweets or online comments (that are primarily delivered by morons) & perhaps other idiotic fans that you see in person. The Ravens fans are perhaps not as rabid since they have a much shorter history (although I do seem to read posts from quite a few less than intelligent Ravens fans on this forum).

Oh well - all in fun.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots

/thread

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are judging delusional fanbases based off their yearly claim to "go all the way" then I gotta toss the Bengals' hat into this ring...

Every time I read a "Bengals will go to the SB" piece during the offseason I just smile and say "hmmm when was the last time they even won a playoff game?"

fish.gif

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a true Phila Eagles fan with 50 years of misery, heartaches, wait til next year, etc... I can tell you that I am now convinced I will not see a SB Trophy in my lifetime. I root for them, I love them, I will even always stick up for them, but, something always goes wrong at the wrong time.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simply amazing how defensive some Patriots fans get in regards to Rodgers. It's almost as if they have to find some way to damage his reputation so he doesn't mar the accomplishments of Brady. Rest assured, my good man. Brady will make the Hall Of Fame. But just because Rodgers is a better QB, doesn't diminish what Brady has accomplished.

What exactly has Aaron Rodgers done better than Brady. Other than point the finger at someone else after a loss?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly has Aaron Rodgers done better than Brady. Other than point the finger at someone else after a loss?
He has been a much better QB:noidea:. Don't worry, Rodgers being better doesn't mean Brady isn't good or reflect on Brady in any way whatsoever. Same as Manning being better. Brady is still going to go down as a great QB and HOF. He is one of the better QBs in this era. Be happy with what you have and don't feel the need to knock other QBs down to build him up