• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there a bigger POS Than V. Burfict?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he is the boards Village Idiot and he is living up to expectations of being the village Idiot (every board needs one to be complete).. take pity on the poor disturbed soul

the new breaker??????

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A while back Burfict predicted this would happen. He told reporters the league is forcing guys to go low in order to not get flagged. He even said it's the "cowards way" of tackling but what other choice does he have to avoid being flagged and fined? The league penalizes defenders for hitting anywhere around the neck, shoulders and head so players will start aiming low. Is Burfict right? Maybe. I mean the NFL has made it abundantly clear they are going to avoid concussions at all costs so that leaves the target area to hit someone lower on the body. Not condoning VB here either, just playing devils advocate and he actually does make a point. You are going to see more and more knees get messed up because of the way the NFL is forcing players to tackle.

burfict-goes-low-on-bennett.gif

Vontaze Burfict's low hit on Martellus Bennett's knees was bound to happen

Seriously?

Folks (like me) who have played the game and learned how to tackle properly know that 'wrapping up" involves using your arms and hands around the waist/legs of the ball carrier.

This POS drove his shoulder into the back of the knee of Bennett for one reason and one reason only.

:susp:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk said he never saw the hit on Bennett.

But he was upset when Adam Jones low tackled him too very soon afterwards.

That's when Burfict jumped in and tried to amp things up.

I'm wondering how he expects a CB to tackle a TE?

And then he jumped up jawing at someone on another play for no reason at all.

Gronk can say whatever he wants, he clearly knew what Burfict did and was also quite jacked up about using Pacman like a diaper. I thought it was cool that the big fella was back to his old ways and ready to throw someone out of the club.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk can say whatever he wants, he clearly knew what Burfict did and was also quite jacked up about using Pacman like a diaper. I thought it was cool that the big fella was back to his old ways and ready to throw someone out of the club.

No way he saw it, but he heard about it for sure.

Regardless, he's baaack..... And the Bennett bookend isn't hurting either....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

Folks (like me) who have played the game and learned how to tackle properly know that 'wrapping up" involves using your arms and hands around the waist/legs of the ball carrier.

This POS drove his shoulder into the back of the knee of Bennett for one reason and one reason only.

:susp:

I know what he did and I said he should probably be suspended for it. I said I didn't condone what he did, but he makes an interesting point. If the league is going to go crazy with penalties and fines any time some defender hits a guy too high (in their opinion) then defenders are going to start going for the legs when they are tackling. Burfict even admits that it's cowardly to do this and it'll probably end with players getting injured but his contention is the league has made it so hard to tackle people that this is going to be the result. I'm not saying I agree 100% with him but he does have a point. The league has gone overboard trying to protect the head and neck area in my opinion. Next they'll be going overboard trying to protect knees and ankles. Pretty soon it will be two hand touch. They need to let these guys be football players and just police the really egregious intentional hits by letting the officials use common sense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what he did and I said he should probably be suspended for it. I said I didn't condone what he did, but he makes an interesting point. If the league is going to go crazy with penalties and fines any time some defender hits a guy too high (in their opinion) then defenders are going to start going for the legs when they are tackling. Burfict even admits that it's cowardly to do this and it'll probably end with players getting injured but his contention is the league has made it so hard to tackle people that this is going to be the result. I'm not saying I agree 100% with him but he does have a point. The league has gone overboard trying to protect the head and neck area in my opinion. Next they'll be going overboard trying to protect knees and ankles. Pretty soon it will be two hand touch. They need to let these guys be football players and just police the really egregious intentional hits by letting the officials use common sense.

He's not the 1st person to say that in terms of the blows above the neck. Especially today, players know the brain trauma risks and if you ask most players they would rather the blow above the neck vs having their knee taken out.

One might effect them 20 yrs from now, the other could end their career on that play.

That said...he can't even stand on that in the Bennett hit...you never dive at a players legs from behind...never.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the 1st person to say that in terms of the blows above the neck. Especially today, players know the brain trauma risks and if you ask most players they would rather the blow above the neck vs having their knee taken out.

One might effect them 20 yrs from now, the other could end their career on that play.

That said...he can't even stand on that in the Bennett hit...you never dive at a players legs from behind...never.

Agreed, and with his previous history he's going to get fined for sure. NFL network doesn't seem to think he's going to get suspended though. But that was a pretty cheap shot he dished out.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Must have been one hell of a pump fake by Brady to suck him in to that point.....

And Marvin Lewis loses some credibility with me over his stance on the stomp.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a fine? Really NFL? I could understand this if he WAS NOT just coming off a suspension, but the fact that he was suspended this season should have led to further suspension.

That's like if someone had 2 DUI's within 1 year, and the judge revoked his license the first time but only made him do community service the 2nd time. The fuck?

A fine isn't going to teach him anything.

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have been one hell of a pump fake by Brady to suck him in to that point.....

And Marvin Lewis loses some credibility with me over his stance on the stomp.

This fool makes about $146,700 (rounded up to the nearest $100) per game, the $75,000 he got fined for the stomp is a lot of money even to him. You would think this might deter him from making obvious dangerous hits and uncalled for dirty play. I'm willing to bet he will make another fine worthy hit this season (he missed the 1st Steeler game on suspension).

Yes, I agree on Lewis too...public comments from his HC like that basically encourage more.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a fine? Really NFL? I could understand this if he WAS NOT just coming off a suspension, but the fact that he was suspended should have led to further suspension.

That's like if someone had 2 DUI's within 1 year, and the judge revoked his license the first time but only made him do community service the 2nd time. The fuck?

Foster said it best...'we need to get this guy out of the game'.

He's a good football player, but he's truly bad for the game, that's not what football is all about...in football you knock the crap out of each other within the rules for 60 mins but when it's over you congratulate the winner and move on to the next game...you're not trying to maim somebody.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a fine? Really NFL? I could understand this if he WAS NOT just coming off a suspension, but the fact that he was suspended this season should have led to further suspension.

But sit Brady for being difficult......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But sit Brady for being difficult......

Different animals here, but no question Burfict got less than what he should have.

Intently or not, Brady was screwing around with the integrity of the game and basically said F off to the league when called out on it....had he just said, yep I did it, no intent to cheat, uut this is how I like my footballs and I know I'm not the only QB that likes the football a certain way...he probably gets a slap on the wrist fine and doesn't miss a game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL needs to give this turd a year off. He's proven to not get it. He's out there to hurt people. If they are serious about the integrity of the game and player safety this piece of shit won't play the rest of the year.

9th on-the field action by the league and he barely gets a fine. Dude needs a 1 year suspension. 75K isn't going to do ANYTHING to this guy, he will continue to do it