• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Steph Curry still a top 5 player in the league?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it's just DorianRo and Montalban, but the latter doesn't post much. SJ76 is just really stuck in the 1990s, but he can have a sane conversation. This Dorian guy is pure troll though, just says ridiculous BS as often as he can trying to draw reactions. Lonely person no doubt.

SJ and sane conversation?

I have had him on ignore for a long time now. First off, yes, he is stuck in the 90s, but as soon as anybody says something remotely negative about the 90s,he doesn't debate. He goes straight to name calling and tries to start a fight. guys like him are why so many of the big sites did away with their message boards.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Dorian is a special case to say the least. I'm usually fine with the idiots but man this guy is on another level

The thing is some trolls are super fun to mess with like Montalban. Some are just brick walls that aren't any fun, like Dorian. He's not even close to right about anything so pointing that out is boring.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ and sane conversation?

I have had him on ignore for a long time now. First off, yes, he is stuck in the 90s, but as soon as anybody says something remotely negative about the 90s,he doesn't debate. He goes straight to name calling and tries to start a fight. guys like him are why so many of the big sites did away with their message boards.

Yeah I suppose that's true I don't really engage with him for that reason. Once a poster starts with the name calling (not being funny like TJL but actually getting angry you don't agree with them) it's no fun and they obviously are out of argument.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is some trolls are super fun to mess with like Montalban. Some are just brick walls that aren't any fun, like Dorian. He's not even close to right about anything so pointing that out is boring.

Yeah Montalban is annoying but I would never put him on ignore because as you said he is fun to mess with but guys like Dorian should be ban just for being a bad troll.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorian is one of the 2 people I have on my ignore list. The other is some annoying Yankees fan who act like the world is ending after every L and how he is the smartest baseball mind of all time.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Montalban is annoying but I would never put him on ignore because as you said he is fun to mess with but guys like Dorian should be ban just for being a bad troll.

I'm against banning people in almost all cases, it's a free country and there is the ignore feature. Sometimes a troll gets to where they are spamming constantly and obviously taking it too far, Montalban did that on the Giants board so we kicked him off (this was after he changed his handle and tried to pretend he was someone else). I don't think Dorian has reached ban level yet, but ignore sure.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a BETA move by KD but I dont blame him to a huge extent. I think he would have eventually won a championship in OKC and would have been 10x better for him because he didn't join a 73 win team to do it but. But I understand why he did it.. Just following Lebron's Beta moves for the last 7 years

He was never going to win a title playing alongside Westbrook. It shows you never watched their games. The way Westbrook would handle the ball, Durant often times looked like a spectator, along with his other teammates. I doubt Westbrook ever wins a title.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never going to win a title playing alongside Westbrook. It shows you never watched their games. The way Westbrook would handle the ball, Durant often times looked like a spectator, along with his other teammates. I doubt Westbrook ever wins a title.

Ohh total bullshit. . DIdn't they take GS to 7 games before he went to join them? ROFLMAOO!!!!!!!!!!! :L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L

But once again.. I dont totally blame him. Le3-5 lost two straight years in a row to the LOWER SEED Before he went and collude with multiple HOF'ers. He just followed suit to take the pussy way out

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the LeBron guzzlers are typically willing to blame anyone but him for team failures, but Westbrook suddenly gets all the blame for all the Thunder's failures???

The difference between Westbrook and Lebron though, is that Westbrook had great players with him and chose to play hero ball anyway. So, the Thunders failures are largely on him. If Lebron has had a failing as a team leader, it's that he's been too unselfish at times. It's hard to criticize that, imo.

You have to look at all the circumstances. Sure, Westbrook isn't blameless, but nor is the rest of the Thunder roster. In 2012 they made the Finals with a young, inexperienced roster that was probably a little trigger-happy to take down the Heat at their peak. In 2013, Westbrook got hurt in the playoffs and Memphis eliminated them easily in five. In 2014, they were legit but the Spurs were just better. In 2015, Durant got hurt. And then last year, the team lacked a third playmaker to the point that Durant and Westbrook had to create everything by themselves and the offense stopped flowing during the last three games against GS?

I don't think anyone is blaming Westbrook for when the Thunder were young and inexperienced and no one is blaming him for the year he was injured. He's being blamed for going hero ball last year and being the reason KD left. It's a legit criticism. It certainly doesn't take away from what he accomplished this season. But, had he been more willing to share the ball, he may not have had to do so much because KD might still be there.

Bottom line, if your going to blame Westbrook for all the Thunder's failures over the years you better hold the rest of the roster to the same standard.

Holding the rest of the roster to the same standard doesn't make any sense. The rest of the roster (outside of KD) aren't/weren't superstar players like Westbrook.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

You specifically call me out twice on this thread. It isn't even an opinion. It is fact. I have not seen a single basketball person say that Westbrook is better than Kawhi or KD. Not one. Journalists with limited real knowledge say it because they don't know what the hell they are watching and are blown away by the numbers.

I blame Westbrook because I understand how the game of basketball works. When 1 player hogs the ball, it is impossible for others around him to get in rhythm and it can impact their play on both ends of the court. I you have ever played basketball in your life, you would have some basic understanding of this. LeBron is not anything like Westbrook and it is literally insane to compare the two. If anything, the knock on LeBron is that he isn't assertive enough.

I watch games and draw my own conclusions on players. You continue to try to come at me, but you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You are the fool who took Reggie Jackson in the first round of our 30 team draft last year. At that time, I said it was the worst pick In the draft and you defended it because you have zero eye for talent. Now tell me, how did that work out for you?

I could go on and on about lame opinions you spew that have been proven wrong. I have tried to be civil with you, but if you keep coming at me, you are going to get roasted. So I suggest you keep my name out your mouth.

The only thing I see from this post is the typical chest-pumping from you. You still didn't address the primary issue.

Last I checked, basketball is a team sport. You're saying it's alright to give a particular player all the credit (LeBron and/or Durant) while giving another player all the blame (Westbrook)? If so, you can go ahead and join the those crybaby fans who only attend their local team's game against the Cavs just to see LeBron and Kyrie, only to have the Cavs rest those players on that particular night.

"Players" fans aren't actual fans.

As far as Reggie Jackson goes, well, he will be dropping considerably in my annual top 50 players list this year and I will own up to that one.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you want me to make your soft marshmallow ass disappear for a whole year again. Overly dramatic fuck.

It was five and a half months. I know I'm far and above all the wannabe frat-boy drama that takes place on this board, so I'll post whenever the fuck I feel like it.

And I'll just assume that the "84" in your SN is your birth year. For a 33-year-old, the frat-boy culture has passed you by, big boy.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll win EASILY according to Vegas.
8-1 favorite.

Exactly.

I, for one, was guilty of under-appreciating Westbrook during his younger years because I had assumed he was a typical spoiled, overprivileged L.A. kid. But the fact is that he is loyal and grateful to his surroundings, and a historic talent to go with it. And come the 26th, he will finally receive his long-awaited reward.

@tlance Take notes.

Whoops, I just did it again. Sue me.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take Westbrook off this OKC team and replace him with Curry, I don't think they win 40 games. Curry would be seeing double and triple coverage, and his FG percentage would take a hit just like it does Westbrook, and Curry lacks Westbrook's attacking style.

OKC in 2016-17 was 33-9 when Westbrook scored a triple-double. They were 14-26 when he didn't.

Take that for data.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was five and a half months. I know I'm far and above all the wannabe frat-boy drama that takes place on this board, so I'll post whenever the fuck I feel like it.

And I'll just assume that the "84" in your SN is your birth year. For a 33-year-old, the frat-boy culture has passed you by, big boy.

"Frat-boy" culture? Dude. I'm in the fucking IT field, I'm the exact opposite of it (although my Marine Corps years consisted of a shit ton of alcohol).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's beside the point, but who did the Pacers face in those 2000 finals??? That team musn't have been a major cash cow in itself.

You are aware that Lakers team did 3-peat? They weren't some flash in the pan team. Or a team that was set up to go to the Finals consistently. Shaq and Kobe, from what I've heard are decent players. But considering what @tlance stated in your fantasy draft, the fact that you went with Reggie Jackson shows you know dick about talent.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I see from this post is the typical chest-pumping from you. You still didn't address the primary issue.

Last I checked, basketball is a team sport. You're saying it's alright to give a particular player all the credit (LeBron and/or Durant) while giving another player all the blame (Westbrook)? If so, you can go ahead and join the those crybaby fans who only attend their local team's game against the Cavs just to see LeBron and Kyrie, only to have the Cavs rest those players on that particular night.

As far as Reggie Jackson goes, well, he will be dropping considerably in my annual top 50 players list this year and I will own up to that one.

God, you're full of yourself aren't you?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, you're full of yourself aren't you?

I don't give two shits about Reggie Jackson. It was an overzealous pick I made based on a hot start he had during the 2015-16 season. Conversely, I stole Nikola Jokic in the 4th round (a #90-something pick) in that same draft. Why does no one mention that one?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call it like I see it. The entire point is that you don't see. Yet, you are going to come in here and talk down to people who know a hell of a lot more than you. You are the one who needs to be humbled. @trojanfan12 clearly and logically laid out all the reasons why Westbrook is not better than KD or Kawhi. He is no hater and yes, he is one of the smart posters I was referring too.

Winning the MVP proves absolutely nothing. It is an award given to the player who has the most outstanding statistical season. Curry was not the best player the last two years either. If the award were given to the best player LeBron would have like 10. So, no. When Westbrook wins the award, it proves absolutely nothing.