• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Staley now worse than Anthony Davis?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at what point does Kilgore get a look at RG?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He might be. I'd like to see any alternate option at RG. Rachal is killing us.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Oh please be soon. If Snyder is a better RG than Rachal then Rachal is the worst guard in the NFL...

Time to try a hail mary with Rachal's career & see if he can play C. Goodwin has been bad. Never liked that signing.

...Anthony Davis is playing an easier position at RT, so it's a little early to say he's better than Staley. But Staley did not have a good game today.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
staley seems to be worse this year than he ever has. he's just getting beat and not picking up guys. not really sure whats wrong, maybe he's playing injured?

not sure about this, but davis at rg and boone rt? rachal and snyder just aren't getting it done

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time Staley had a good game.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
staley seems to be worse this year than he ever has. he's just getting beat and not picking up guys. not really sure whats wrong, maybe he's playing injured?

not sure about this, but davis at rg and boone rt? rachal and snyder just aren't getting it done

So because Davis looks to be figuring out the speed of the NFL, you want to move him inside? Have you been displeased with his play? He might be our best OL right this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I's like to see Davis play some LT by the end of the year to see if he can handle the position. If he can't then OLT is, once again, a big need.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but wasn't Kilgore not dressed for the game?

Staley has been bad or not not to expecatations thus far.

Davis is playing alright and handling his progress quite well...not a finish product but showing positives...

Iupati is someone else who needs to step it up... He lost some power on that side IMO

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh please be soon. If Snyder is a better RG than Rachal then Rachal is the worst guard in the NFL...

Time to try a hail mary with Rachal's career & see if he can play C. Goodwin has been bad. Never liked that signing.

...Anthony Davis is playing an easier position at RT, so it's a little early to say he's better than Staley. But Staley did not have a good game today.

What happen to being "happy" with the O-line?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What happen to being "happy" with the O-line?

That was last week. And I amended what I was saying about Staley when some people pointed out a couple of plays I missed...

I'm happy with Davis & Iupati so far. Obviously I'm not happy with Staley after today...

I think if the Niners had a better QB he could make Staley look a lot better. I'd be fine with this set of tackles blocking for a QB who could get rid of the ball quickly. I don't see any tackles in this year's draft who would be better than Staley except Kalil, and he'll probably be a top 5 pick. There's no way the Jets let D'Brick go. So it looks like Staley is the best option for now. I'm hoping a better option comes up though; the most realistic better option is Anthony Davis stealing his jorb.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Also a QB who didn't have to step into his throws to make intermediate to deep passes would help the OL out a lot. Defenses know Alex can't make many throws so they stack the OL. if they run there are a bunch of defenders to stop it. If they pass they're not afraid to leave the Niners' WRs in single coverage deep.

Every once in a while this burns defenses (like Vernon did), but 9 times out of 10 it works out for 'em.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tremendous TD pass for Sanchez to Plax. Perfect pass. A Jets' WR actually held on to the ball for a change today.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley is really starting to disappoint. He was decent early in his career, but he seems to have lost that level of play. I'm not sure of the possibility of moving Davis over to LT this year, since I doubt he knows the position... but I'd like to see him moved over eventually.

The thing I really want to see is Kilgore get some time at RG. I'm done with Chilo after today. That guy is killing the offense.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley has been making mental errors, as well as physical errors this year. I don't think a another QB would improve his performance.

Also, Staley missed some games the last two seasons due to injuries. Maybe, past injuries are affecting his play.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Staley has been making mental errors, as well as physical errors this year. I don't think a another QB would improve his performance.

Well of course a better QB is going to make it easier on Staley. There's a reason defenses play much differently against Alex than they do against good QBs.

Also, Staley missed some games the last two seasons due to injuries. Maybe, past injuries are affecting his play.

Excellent point. :)