• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Staley now worse than Anthony Davis?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Staley is getting worse and Rachal is already bad, geezus!

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not really astute enough to tell but are the O Linemen that inept or are they getting out-schemed? Perhaps a combination of both. Whatever it is, it is atrocious and needs to get fixed before Smith goes down for the season and we get stuck with Kaepernick.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are that bad. They fail in every facet of the game.

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think its time to shuffle this line around i would put kilgore in at rg instead of snyder for me with snyder its been there done that.. i would let boone get some snaps at lt staley has looked horrible i mean come on now hes suppose to the leader on that line and hes looking clueless on some of these blocking assinments and if its not that hes getting st8t up runned over or runned around idk if there adjusting to new blocking schemes by solari but watever it is its not working.. davis needs to be pushed also at RT .... oh btw i always view staley as a RT anyway and he might even be better suited to play guard

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley is getting beat fairly often thus far. This due to the switch to zone blocking scheme mostly?

He has stood out like a guy...well, like a guy standing out in a field by himself. Maybe even a guy standing out in a field by himself trying to pancake butterflies. I like Staley, but he has not looked good at all thus far this year. Davis has looked better. Maybe it's time for a switch!?

As I recall Davis was horrible last season. 3 games in and ppl think its time for a switch!? Thats like saying Gore is done and its time for Hunter to replace him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I recall Davis was horrible last season. 3 games in and ppl think its time for a switch!? Thats like saying Gore is done and its time for Hunter to replace him.

Davis's most common weakness was against the speed rushers or the guys who uses double moves. He went through a tough rookie period however he was picking it up towards the end this year.

The penalties, mostly false starts(not recalling a holding call actually) are still there but he's been pretty good in his blocking this year.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had only one season. Staley is far more experienced and has actually reached a decent level before. To call for a change at the most important position on the line after 3 weeks?? Why is there such an obsession with throwing inexperienced players in long before they are ready. They also want Hunter starting at RB and the rookie QB to start now.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Mike Sando's 5 observations article, the only starting OL he did not mention was Mike Iupati...

"..Offensive line struggling. Right tackle Anthony Davis and right guard Chilo Rachal were erratic in all phases. Alex Smith and Frank Gore would have been more consistent if the 49ers had even average players on the right side of their line, provided those average players were consistent.

putting him with Chilo must be bad

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had only one season. Staley is far more experienced and has actually reached a decent level before. To call for a change at the most important position on the line after 3 weeks?? Why is there such an obsession with throwing inexperienced players in long before they are ready. They also want Hunter starting at RB and the rookie QB to start now.

Oh i wasn't advocating the switch like some are suggesting... but something to keep open minded heading into NEXT season.... Staley is better than this and capable of performing at a higher level. But if he truly becomes a liability at LT, we need to look into that after this year.

We'll find out how the season progresses, he could very well play his best game this sunday vs the eagles....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i wasn't advocating the switch like some are suggesting... but something to keep open minded heading into NEXT season.... Staley is better than this and capable of performing at a higher level. But if he truly becomes a liability at LT, we need to look into that after this year.

We'll find out how the season progresses, he could very well play his best game this sunday vs the eagles....

Also it was to give Davis credit for his improvements as an OT.