• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is something up with Zeke?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some yeah, but wouldnt you think with the way they are setting up, and stacking the box less for him, he'd be more successful. I dunno i think hes the most talented runner in the nfl and top 2 overall back in the NFL. Im curious.

Not really, our OL coaching and scheme has changed twice in the last two years. Since Callahan left here the line is really good but not dominant. Zeke doesn't get a free 5 yards per carry before being touched like he used to.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, our OL coaching and scheme has changed twice in the last two years. Since Callahan left here the line is really good but not dominant. Zeke doesn't get a free 5 yards per carry before being touched like he used to.

ahh silly me, lol , i thought zeke was just always balling

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahh silly me, lol , i thought zeke was just always balling
He's a great player and a top RB. But that will only get you so much if you are getting hit in the backfield.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of his schtick and schtuds.....

I think he focuses too much on those things than playing.

And his off field shit also gets tiring.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny, no one said that, not even close. :noidea:
my bad....guess I assumed

here is what I think.....the Dallas offense has changed a bit. They've had pretty good success throwing the ball down the field. ( Seven QB's have thrown for 5000 plus yards in a season and currently Dak is on that pace) The receivers run good routes and the passing game scheme is very good. The run blocking hasn't been what it's been is past years but the pass blocking has been better than it was the last couple of years. I think a lot of that is Moore and there is room for improvement with his run game coordinating. Shouldn't be that big of an adjustment, Moore is just in his first year so perhaps he'll get better in time. All it takes in the run game is one guy not doing his job. Left guard play hasn't been very good, and Fredrick is no where near what he was with the year off. Dallas does have the #1 offense in football and Elliott has 833 yards through 10 games...not all that bad. Elliott still blocks better than most backs and can be a force in the passing game with opportunities. He has had two pretty pedestrian games the last two weeks, but ran for 100 plus the three weeks prior. Don't think there is much of an issue with the Dallas offense. Defense is another story and remains the biggest issue with regards playoffs.

This week will be interesting, as will the Thanksgiving game against a stout Bills defense. I'm a Dallas homer so I expect the offense & Zeke to have a good showing in both games.

we'll see

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad....guess I assumed

here is what I think.....the Dallas offense has changed a bit. They've had pretty good success throwing the ball down the field. ( Seven QB's have thrown for 5000 plus yards in a season and currently Dak is on that pace) The receivers run good routes and the passing game scheme is very good. The run blocking hasn't been what it's been is past years but the pass blocking has been better than it was the last couple of years. I think a lot of that is Moore and there is room for improvement with his run game coordinating. Shouldn't be that big of an adjustment, Moore is just in his first year so perhaps he'll get better in time. All it takes in the run game is one guy not doing his job. Left guard play hasn't been very good, and Fredrick is no where near what he was with the year off. Dallas does have the #1 offense in football and Elliott has 833 yards through 10 games...not all that bad. Elliott still blocks better than most backs and can be a force in the passing game with opportunities. He has had two pretty pedestrian games the last two weeks, but ran for 100 plus the three weeks prior. Don't think there is much of an issue with the Dallas offense. Defense is another story and remains the biggest issue with regards playoffs.

This week will be interesting, as will the Thanksgiving game against a stout Bills defense. I'm a Dallas homer so I expect the offense & Zeke to have a good showing in both games.

we'll see
excellent, solid analysis, thank you! Im not saying hes playing bad, Hes just not been zeke. The dominating beast......i love watching him roll people. The offense isnt an issue its rolling, but if zeke could kick back in, could be unreal

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely a combination of things but maybe reading more into it than what is necessary. Zeke isn't the alpha dog in bigD anymore. This is Daks team. Teams aren't going to be able to load the box as much because of the passing game. I think Zeke liked that challenge and I think the Oline did too. Now they are concentrating on pass blocking more. Zeke hasn't exactly fallen off a cliff though. Still having a productive year, despite the change in philosophy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I covered Zeke's season in my column on Monday, when I noted how he has created far fewer big plays and hasn't been as efficient in 2019. The arguments that Dak Prescott needed an effective Elliott to move the ball as a passer weren't supported by past evidence and look downright foolish now.

Elliott isn't holding the Cowboys back by any means, but they have actually been slightly more efficient on offense with backup Tony Pollard on the field than him. Elliott has been on the field far more frequently, but the offense has generated 0.21 points of additional expected points per play with Pollard on the field and 0.17 points with Elliott in the lineup.

That doesn't sound like much, but over the course of a full game's worth of snaps, it factors out to about 2.6 points for the Cowboys. That stat doesn't tell the whole story, but the most expensive back in football should look more productive than a rookie fourth-rounder who will make $3.2 million over the next four years. (Elliott, by comparison, is penciled in for just over $50 million over that same time frame.)

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I covered Zeke's season in my column on Monday, when I noted how he has created far fewer big plays and hasn't been as efficient in 2019. The arguments that Dak Prescott needed an effective Elliott to move the ball as a passer weren't supported by past evidence and look downright foolish now.

Elliott isn't holding the Cowboys back by any means, but they have actually been slightly more efficient on offense with backup Tony Pollard on the field than him. Elliott has been on the field far more frequently, but the offense has generated 0.21 points of additional expected points per play with Pollard on the field and 0.17 points with Elliott in the lineup.

That doesn't sound like much, but over the course of a full game's worth of snaps, it factors out to about 2.6 points for the Cowboys. That stat doesn't tell the whole story, but the most expensive back in football should look more productive than a rookie fourth-rounder who will make $3.2 million over the next four years. (Elliott, by comparison, is penciled in for just over $50 million over that same time frame.)

When Elliott was sitting out I said I felt Dallas would be OK with Pollard as long as the OLine was intact, but in no way do I think Dallas would be better off with Pollard full time.
I don't know why Elliott isn't getting his yards. Maybe it is scheme, maybe it's his new bank account. Hopefully soon the questions about him will kick in his pride and we'll see the Zeke who wanted to be paid, not the Zeke who is paid.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question is why are the metrics down on him, and why is pollard more effective in the same circumstances
When Elliott was sitting out I said I felt Dallas would be OK with Pollard as long as the OLine was intact, but in no way do I think Dallas would be better off with Pollard full time.
I don't know why Elliott isn't getting his yards. Maybe it is scheme, maybe it's his new bank account. Hopefully soon the questions about him will kick in his pride and we'll see the Zeke who wanted to be paid, not the Zeke who is paid.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question is why are the metrics down on him, and why is pollard more effective in the same circumstances
I dont know the metric you are talking about, kinda just jumping in here.
But my guess would be small sample size. (for Pollard)
Zeke hasnt been as good as before, but at some point in a career will be a lull.
While I have noticed. I am not too concerned right now.
I do think however. If he is struggling like recent times. I have seen 2.7 yds a carry type stats during games.
Let Pollard come in for a couple plays (change it up) then go back to feeding Zeke.
It does seem to me when Pollard is played here & there in the middle of games. The whole running game is more free, than when he gets no stats or 1 run in whole game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.3 yards per carry sucks! Trade him lol

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of it may have to do with the oline as well. It does seem like he's getting hit very often at or near the LOS, so he's not getting 4 or 5 yards before he's getting hit. I also will agree that his initial burst doesn't seem like it has in years past. I'm sure it's a combination of things.. and hope he isn't being slowed down by getting a big contract... that kind of immaturity is not cool
Pollard has been much more productive in a limited role.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know the metric you are talking about, kinda just jumping in here.
But my guess would be small sample size. (for Pollard)
Zeke hasnt been as good as before, but at some point in a career will be a lull.
While I have noticed. I am not too concerned right now.
I do think however. If he is struggling like recent times. I have seen 2.7 yds a carry type stats during games.
Let Pollard come in for a couple plays (change it up) then go back to feeding Zeke.
It does seem to me when Pollard is played here & there in the middle of games. The whole running game is more free, than when he gets no stats or 1 run in whole game.
i posted them earlier

but yeah, i agree