• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Notre Dame the good guy?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Spartan Nation is right, and the end game here is and always has been 20-24 team super conferences; which I remember a lot of us saying back in 2010. By the way, I kind of suspect that the "B1G athletic director" they've been speaking with might be Barry...

Barry Alvarez wants to form a 'super league' - CBSSports.com

I'd like to see a super league," said Alvarez. "I'd like to see a league -- Southeast Conference, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10 -- and have your own rules. Have rules that you know what the hell they are and that you could actually follow them, and let them have it. We've got a lot of rules and there're a lot of haves and have-nots, and you're making rules to make the have-nots happy.

"Let the guys who can afford it go do -- the guys that are filling those big stadiums; the leagues that have the big TV contracts. Let them go. That's nothing against those other guys. But you can't let that group hold the entire group back.

Is Notre Dame fighting the good fight, hoping to fend off the formation of a super league by aligning with the ACC? Looking more closely at Delaney's moves....I'm starting to think so.

1. B1G teases Missouri, stirs things up in the Big 12 and gets Nebraska.

2. B1G tries to form scheduling alliance with Pac 12, which would ultimately limit Notre Dame's ability to maintain their traditions with USC and Stanford, and could soften their schedule...and possibly diminish their TV value.

3. Pac 12 alliance falls short when the Pac 12 says they can't do it.

4. Notre Dame opts out of Michigan games, agrees to join ACC in all sports but football...but will play 5 games with the ACC annually. This gives ND 5 AQ teams, + their rivals out west...which is important to Notre Dame in recruiting as well.

5. The B1G lures crumbling athletics departments(Rutgers and Maryland) with the promise of BTN revenue...and in so doing starts pulling at the threads of the ACC. Hoping that the ACC unravels right before Notre Dame's eyes?

I have to say. I'm not with Barry or Delaney on this. I never wanted super conferences.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
123253-95989-super-friends_large.jpg

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK NCAA!! Form a super conference!!

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want super conferences. But even if they did form, Notre Dame will never, ever be the good guy.