• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Michigan officially a dead program like Nebraska?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Urban has been in Colombus, Ohio State has won one Big Ten title.

tejasexes is a delusional idiot. I don't think he ever changes the channel from the LHN.

:exes:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really believe the delusional shit you bloviate. If so, very few others (if any) do.
tejas has the same number of NC's as Michigan in the past 46 years. That is ONE. FORTY SIX years and closing in on 50. I would go as far as saying Michigan will likely win another National Title before tejas does.
Nobody under-achieves like tejas does. NOBODY.

On your second bolded point...Penn St beat Ohio St and won the Big 10 last season. What is your definition of 'locked down'?
Winning once every seven years apparently

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm and Miami had Randy Shannon (5 kids with 5 different women) Butch Davis who was more crooked than Bobby Petrino, and Larry Coker who looked like the monster from Goonies

And that makes Michigan's recent history more relevant how?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tejas has the same number of NC's as Michigan in the past 46 years. That is ONE
Michigan has a half-ship at BEST

Texas will win one before michigan does, let's be real

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has a half-ship at BEST

Texas will win one before michigan does, let's be real

I would bet money on Michigan before tejas. NOBODY underachieves like tejas. NOBODY.

I don't see another wonderlic 6 Vince Young coming along soon. They don't win the ONE they won in 46 yrs without him.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet money on Michigan before tejas. NOBODY underachieves like tejas. NOBODY.

I don't see another wonderlic 6 Vince Young coming along soon. They don't win the ONE they won in 46 yrs without him.
Easier conference. Honestly there is one great team right now in the B12 (Oklahoma) vs two in the B10 (Ohio State and Penn State).

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier conference. Honestly there is one great team right now in the B12 (Oklahoma) vs two in the B10 (Ohio State and Penn State).

We should put Maryland in the Big 12 then?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3, 2, 1,.....

"your daddy partial qualifiers something something"

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, but only b/c tOSu wasn't eligible his 1st year. But tOSu doesn't need to win the B1G in order to go to the playoff, we've already seen that. Urban has only lost 2 regular season conference games since he's been the coach. You have to be shitting me? He's only lost 2 fucking regular season conference games since '12? Fuck's sake! Yeah, the Buckeyes have the B1G on lockdown. They aren't even that good this year and they will still play for the conference title most likely.
We'll see about that.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is stuck in the same rut Ohio State was under John Cooper, they might turn out some good seasons record wise, but they are never going to win a national championship. I wouldn't say they are "dead" but they are simply good and not elite. Which I guess isn't a "bad" thing, but it has to suck to not be able to hit that top level.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is that Speight was one of only a few returning players on the entire team. And he performed well last year. I think losing Speight and Black are significant blows to this offense. While he had some issues overthrowing players early on in the season, he still managed games really well and the offense was more creative with him in there. As soon as he got injured, the offense became vanilla.

Honestly, I think Evans should be getting 20 carries a game and Isaac should be benched. Isaac hasn't shown the ability to do anything except break out on long sweeping runs that are well blocked. He simply cannot run up the middle. Evans or Higdon should be the primary back. Evans has shown an ability to get yards up the middle all season long and break free for big gains. Why it's still a rotation is beyond me.

Michigan's run game has not been scary in a bit. I don't know if it's just lack of run block development on the oline or the RBs theyve gotten simply not being good, or a combo of both I suppose. It's kind of surprising though that it has not been fixed.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan's run game has not been scary in a bit. I don't know if it's just lack of run block development on the oline or the RBs theyve gotten simply not being good, or a combo of both I suppose. It's kind of surprising though that it has not been fixed.
run blocking seems fine right now. A consistent passing game would probably help to open up the run, but I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon. If they're sticking with O'Korn, they should at least try some designed QB runs.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
run blocking seems fine right now. A consistent passing game would probably help to open up the run, but I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon. If they're sticking with O'Korn, they should at least try some designed QB runs.

Not sure how much designed runs with O'Korn would do, except maybe make the defense think about it a little. He's not a total stiff but he's also not a dynamic runner at all.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio has just as much homegrown talent as Georgia

Ohio is a talent rich state, not quite on Georgia's level, but close. I was more talking about Nebraska with my comment there.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really believe the delusional shit you bloviate. If so, very few others (if any) do.
tejas has the same number of NC's as Michigan in the past 46 years. That is ONE. FORTY SIX years and closing in on 50. I would go as far as saying Michigan will likely win another National Title before tejas does.
Nobody under-achieves like tejas does. NOBODY.

On your second bolded point...Penn St beat Ohio St and won the Big 10 last season. What is your definition of 'locked down'?

Actually, Texas has won 2 NC's in the last 46 years and has played for the NC in '78, '83, '05, and '09. I highly doubt Michigan will win another NC before Texas will, seeing how they have won only 1 since 1948 and haven't been a contender in a long time. Plus, Texas has more advantages than Michigan does being in a fertile recruiting state. One thing is for certain, Nebraska is fucking dog shit until the end of the world happens. Texas and Michigan will win another NC; it might take Texas another 40 something years, but we will win another one and will win a conference title soon. Not sure how long it will take Michigan, but I'm sure they will another one. What is guaranteed is Nebraska never will again. I agree that Texas has underachieved, without a doubt, but what won't happen is our program will never be irrelevant forever the way Nebraska is. Nebraska is a bowling and women's volleyball school now. All you guys are is a higher paid bitch who will never contribute to the B1G and just mooch off the success of tOSU, Michigan, PSU, Wiscy, etc. Not even a Nick Saban can save your has been program. I actually feel sorry for you guys b/c all you have in your state is Nebraska football. There is nothing else to look forward to and the fact that Nebraska is now Minnesota 2.0 has to be a shitty feeling. To know every year you have nothing to look forward to as far as contending for the B1G title or even being considered in the NC race from now until eternity, without a doubt, has to be one of the worst feelings ever. To know your season is over before it even starts, has to be a shitty feeling. You now know what it's like to be a KU, Minnesota, UK, Vandy, Indiana, Purdue, ISU, etc fan every year.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough, but let's also point out Nebraska doesn't win shit in the 90's had Switzer not resigned.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Michigan has had a decent QB in the last 10 years. Without that they'll never get anywhere. Same with Nebraska. Martinez was good at times, but not enough times.
That might be part of the problem, but it's not the biggest issue they have.

They just haven't been tough in the trenches. That appears to be the biggest issue they have. The 2nd half of the UW game is the latest installment of that issue. After Hornibrook threw the pick 6 early in the 3rd quarter, UW ran about 20 or so more plays on O. Two of them were passes and the rest were runs, and I don't recall any of them being negative plays. Just from memory there may have been 4 of them that were less than 3 yards, and most were in the 5 to 10 yard range.