• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Michigan officially a dead program like Nebraska?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mall3013 look at this fucking thread. these people have no idea...nebraska will be beating the crap out of OSU this weekend.

im not sporting another damn nude urban avy for 2 weeks.
Just have to put the Nebraska sock on this dude.
urbanmeyer3.gif
You were saying?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what the problem is with the bolded statement? Again, Harbaugh didn't take over OSU. He didn't take over Clemson. He took over a broken Michigan team that only won 5 games the season prior. It took him 4 years at Stanford to get the ball rolling. Year 3 he only won 8 games. I have critiques (as any fan does when you lose) but at long as Harbaugh is winning 9+ games a year, I'm satisfied for the time being. The wins against OSU and MSU will come. I'm not stupid enough to wish away the best coach we've ever had because he's had close losses to MSU and OSU in the first three years.

Damn son, how old are you? Harbaugh isn't close to being on the same level as Schembechler or even Carr. He is nowhere near the best coach UM has ever had.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think this?

Because it's been 20 years since any of them have truly relevant. Specifically for ND, I don't think we'll ever be able to have enough depth to consistently be a top 5 program. Kelly has done a much better job than Weis, but we simply don't get the athletes that Bama/Clemson/Ohio State can get(especially w/Urban). Just within the last decade, we've had a 3 and 4 win season with a bunch of 6/7/8 win seasons. Nebraska hasn't been the same since the Big 8 dissolved, for whatever reason. They also fired a guy averaging 9 wins a season(Pelini) for a guy that's going to average less than that in his first 3 years.

Michigan might be able to be a consistent top 5 program, but I have my doubts just like the other two. There last top 5 finish was in 99, so I don't think it's that far fetched.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is dead. I've listed all the reasons why. They will never win another NC and might win a conference title once every 30 years from here on out, and that's only if tOSU, PSU, Wiscy and UM are put on probation by the NCAA all at the same time. They are Minnesota 2.0 now.........

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. Michigan opponents have scored 68 points (offense/defense/special teams/whatever). 68 divided by 5 is 13.6.
Okay, adjusting for those two touchdowns, and not doing the same for other teams ahead of them, Michigan moves up to the # 5 defense. Congratulations.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's been 20 years since any of them have truly relevant. Specifically for ND, I don't think we'll ever be able to have enough depth to consistently be a top 5 program. Kelly has done a much better job than Weis, but we simply don't get the athletes that Bama/Clemson/Ohio State can get(especially w/Urban). Just within the last decade, we've had a 3 and 4 win season with a bunch of 6/7/8 win seasons. Nebraska hasn't been the same since the Big 8 dissolved, for whatever reason. They also fired a guy averaging 9 wins a season(Pelini) for a guy that's going to average less than that in his first 3 years.

Michigan might be able to be a consistent top 5 program, but I have my doubts just like the other two. There last top 5 finish was in 99, so I don't think it's that far fetched.
Do you not think those programs can being in a top line coach? It's certainly not like they don't have the money or prestige. Hell, if not for OSU having an opening, there's a real chance Urban would be at Notre Dame. I guess I don't see a reason why Ohio State can be where they are and these programs can't.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, adjusting for those two touchdowns, and not doing the same for other teams ahead of them, Michigan moves up to the # 5 defense. Congratulations.

FUCK YEAH MOVED UP TWO SPOTS!!!!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan will recover, but I highly doubt they will win a NC anytime soon simply b/c of the beast you have to deal with in Columbus and the fact UM has won only 1 NC in what 70 years I believe? Maybe when Urban retires that will allow more B1G teams to contend, but until that happens, tOSU has the B1G locked down. But there is definitely hope for UM which can't be said for the Corn Huskers......

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan will recover, but I highly doubt they will win a NC anytime soon simply b/c of the beast you have to deal with in Columbus and the fact UM has won only 1 NC in what 70 years I believe? Maybe when Urban retires that will allow more B1G teams to contend, but until that happens, tOSU has the B1G locked down. But there is definitely hope for UM which can't be said for the Corn Huskers......
Since Urban has been in Colombus, Ohio State has won one Big Ten title.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not think those programs can being in a top line coach? It's certainly not like they don't have the money or prestige. Hell, if not for OSU having an opening, there's a real chance Urban would be at Notre Dame. I guess I don't see a reason why Ohio State can be where they are and these programs can't.

Because tOSU is in a state with rich, fertile recruiting grounds. tOSU has zero competition within the state as far as recruiting goes and can pick all of the elite athletes from their state. No other B1G school has that advantage. Maybe PSU b/c Pennsylvania churns out some good athletes, but nowhere near the number that Ohio produces. You boys have it made and to top it off, you have one of the best coaches in the country.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have my doubts. Just look at what Notre Dame has hired since Holtz retired. Same with Nebraska since they fired Solich and same with Michigan since Carr retired before Harbaugh. Apparently Urban already turned down ND because we wouldn't lighten up our academic requirements. And we turned around and hired Weis.

Michigan has a legit coach now, which is why they might be able to, but it took them almost a decade to get him. It's honestly all about timing, but if Nebraska and ND both open up with offseason, none of the big time coaches(Urban, Saban, Dabo, Harbaugh, Shaw, Fisher and Peterson) are going to leave what they have now for either of those schools. So ND and Nebraska have to get lucky ala when Florida hired Urban who was an up and comer after Utah.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Urban has been in Colombus, Ohio State has won one Big Ten title.

Correct, but only b/c tOSu wasn't eligible his 1st year. But tOSu doesn't need to win the B1G in order to go to the playoff, we've already seen that. Urban has only lost 2 regular season conference games since he's been the coach. You have to be shitting me? He's only lost 2 fucking regular season conference games since '12? Fuck's sake! Yeah, the Buckeyes have the B1G on lockdown. They aren't even that good this year and they will still play for the conference title most likely.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Out of the 3 I mentioned, I would agree, Michigan probably has the best odds to be consistently good.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cares about Michigan when they're getting blown up in the Gator Bowl..

Miami was as good as anyone through the mid 2000s - including fielding one of the best CFB teams of all time.
Michigan gets talked about because they hired a coach that looks to have a slight mental disorder and has a stupid khaki shtick.
Hmmm and Miami had Randy Shannon (5 kids with 5 different women) Butch Davis who was more crooked than Bobby Petrino, and Larry Coker who looked like the monster from Goonies

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts. Just look at what Notre Dame has hired since Holtz retired. Same with Nebraska since they fired Solich and same with Michigan since Carr retired before Harbaugh. Apparently Urban already turned down ND because we wouldn't lighten up our academic requirements. And we turned around and hired Weis.

Michigan has a legit coach now, which is why they might be able to, but it took them almost a decade to get him. It's honestly all about timing, but if Nebraska and ND both open up with offseason, none of the big time coaches(Urban, Saban, Dabo, Harbaugh, Shaw, Fisher and Peterson) are going to leave what they have now for either of those schools. So ND and Nebraska have to get lucky ala when Florida hired Urban who was an up and comer after Utah.

Plus, kids today give Zero fucks about history and tradition.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is that Speight was one of only a few returning players on the entire team. And he performed well last year. I think losing Speight and Black are significant blows to this offense. While he had some issues overthrowing players early on in the season, he still managed games really well and the offense was more creative with him in there. As soon as he got injured, the offense became vanilla.

Honestly, I think Evans should be getting 20 carries a game and Isaac should be benched. Isaac hasn't shown the ability to do anything except break out on long sweeping runs that are well blocked. He simply cannot run up the middle. Evans or Higdon should be the primary back. Evans has shown an ability to get yards up the middle all season long and break free for big gains. Why it's still a rotation is beyond me.

agreed. stick to two backs.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you really believe the delusional shit you bloviate. If so, very few others (if any) do.
tejas has the same number of NC's as Michigan in the past 46 years. That is ONE. FORTY SIX years and closing in on 50. I would go as far as saying Michigan will likely win another National Title before tejas does.
Nobody under-achieves like tejas does. NOBODY.

On your second bolded point...Penn St beat Ohio St and won the Big 10 last season. What is your definition of 'locked down'?