• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. the best prospect for the 2024 NFL Draft?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the CFP and NC are going to be big keys in assessing some of these kids. If Penix and Odunze light up Texas and then either Bama or Michigan, their draft stock will likely go up dramatically, imo. Conversely, if they get totally shut down, it will hurt their stock.
Exactly. I would never start evaluating a player until they complete their college career. All of the ones I am doing so far skipped their bowl game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. the best prospect for the 2024 NFL Draft?​

He’s not even the best WR in the draft. Rome Odunze is.

Mmmm, no. Rome is one of the best contested football receivers in NCAAF, but he struggles to get separation. Calvin Johnson was just as great at contested catches but could ALSO get separation.

Odunze is a guy when you have single coverage you chuck the ball to, which is why he'll likely go in the top 16 or so... but he doesn't have the all around tools (separation and crisp route running) to be a top 5 pick.

Now of course we're not talking about how it actually pans out. Maybe Harrison Jr. busts, and Odunze is a HOFer... but yah, prospect wise that's where we're at. I will also say Harrison Jr. is getting additional elevation thanks to his Dad. If his last name was Urkel, he'd probably be knocked down a few spots.

Reactions: DJ

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm, no. Rome is one of the best contested football receivers in NCAAF, but he struggles to get separation. Calvin Johnson was just as great at contested catches but could ALSO get separation.

Odunze is a guy when you have single coverage you chuck the ball to, which is why he'll likely go in the top 16 or so... but he doesn't have the all around tools (separation and crisp route running) to be a top 5 pick.

Now of course we're not talking about how it actually pans out. Maybe Harrison Jr. busts, and Odunze is a HOFer... but yah, prospect wise that's where we're at. I will also say Harrison Jr. is getting additional elevation thanks to his Dad. If his last name was Urkel, he'd probably be knocked down a few spots.

Come at me bro!
Confused Cricket GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Marvin Harrison Jr. the best prospect for the 2024 NFL Draft?​

He’s not even the best WR in the draft. Rome Odunze is.
Rome is talented but he had arguably the best QB in the nation throwing to him. Stats don’t determine a more talented prospect.
Harrison is a generational type of player that played on a team that had an average QB play at best. He was the offense. The offense flowed around him.
Rome was a product of the offense. Marv’s route running is elite of elite.
There isn’t a better prospect in this draft and that is saying a lot. A lot of talent especially at the WR position

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rome isn’t close to the prospect, just a clueless homer opinion there. There is an extremely small chance Harrison busts unless god forbide he suffers a devastating injury. His route running is elite even comparing him to guys in the NFL right now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears might have 2 picks early in the draft. I can see them taking him number 1 and giving Fields another weapon. Then drafting OL with the second first round pick.
No chance Poles bets his job on a guy he didn’t draft and signaled early on isn’t his guy, imo. You can write Caleb’s name in pen almost in Chicago at this point barring some upsets.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance Poles bets his job on a guy he didn’t draft and signaled early on isn’t his guy, imo. You can write Caleb’s name in pen almost in Chicago at this point barring some upsets.
Drafting Williams will get him fired in two years. Williams is a more emotional and less talented Fields.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting Williams will get him fired in two years. Williams is a more emotional and less talented Fields.
Fields doesn’t process the field fast enough to be a good passer. Broken or simply that way out of OSU, the distinction no longer matters, imo. The numbers are bad and this year removes doubt if he is legitimately bad as a passer, he is.

Fields has consistently struggled to cross the 0.50 EPA mark despite generational scrambling ability. He’s just not good.

Poles isn’t betting his career on Fields. With that being said, if anyone can mess up Williams, it’d be the Bears. Then again, we said that with Burrow and the Bengals:

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rome is talented but he had arguably the best QB in the nation throwing to him. Stats don’t determine a more talented prospect.
Harrison is a generational type of player that played on a team that had an average QB play at best. He was the offense. The offense flowed around him.
Rome was a product of the offense. Marv’s route running is elite of elite.
There isn’t a better prospect in this draft and that is saying a lot. A lot of talent especially at the WR position
Rome Odunze had two other outstanding receivers non his team. Odunze makes catches other receivers couldn’t make to include Harrison.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and in his posts in the Wilson threads he claims to be objective and not a homer or fan boy.
You have nothing better I offer here. Lol.

I’m a Husky fan. I’m a former Husky. If you can’t he did that, tough.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rome isn’t close to the prospect, just a clueless homer opinion there. There is an extremely small chance Harrison busts unless god forbide he suffers a devastating injury. His route running is elite even comparing him to guys in the NFL right now.
You have obviously not seen Odunze play. He’s not a one year wonder.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have obviously not seen Odunze play. He’s not a one year wonder.
You obviously did not read my post bc he is still a top prospect, he just isn’t Harrison Jr. Never said he was a one hit wonder

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rome Odunze had two other outstanding receivers non his team. Odunze makes catches other receivers couldn’t make to include Harrison.
That is my whole point. Harrison Jr WAS the offense. Washington had Polk and an elite running game with elite QB play.
Henderson and Egbuka were hurt most of the year and he was literally the offense for Ohio St. He carried the offense.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t bet on that on if I were you.
I've watched him enough in college that I'm not falling for the media hype. He's going to flop.. The media loves hyping up QBs and then tearing them down

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the college football rah, rah cheerleading, I think it's pretty obvious that Harrison will be the first WR off the board. Where that happens to be is the only real question. Again, everything hinges on what the Bears do. Harrison could be there for the Cardinals at 4 for all we know.