• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Lebron a Dynasty Unto Himself?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Wilt kind of got screwed by the era he was in or he would be in the conversation too.

Maybe, but he would also have gotten screwed in the current era.

Perhaps if he was prime in Kareem’s era, he would get more love.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron is a "dynasty" then so is Brady
Well, LeBron has done it with different coaches, management, and teams. We will see if Brady can. The Patriots with Brady certainly have been a dynasty, but playing for one team kind of eliminated the one man dynasty in a team sport (which I don't think can be a real thing anyhow).

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but he would also have gotten screwed in the current era.

Perhaps if he was prime in Kareem’s era, he would get more love.

i just know that no one caused more rules changes, and they all pretty much hurt his game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a valid opinion, but at this point I think most would disagree.

So LeBron is most definitely in the conversation.

And in all honesty, I think the conversation boils down to 3 players. Jordan, Kareem and LeBron. Because LeBron is simply a better more athletic version of Magic.

It's interesting with Magic and Lebron. Lebron is definitely a more athletic version of Magic.

But when you consider "intangibles" (which really isn't "measurable") and overall impact on the game, you have to include Magic.

Just on pure measurables, the GOAT convo, imo, comes down to MJ, Kareem and Lebron (probably in that order) with Magic sitting just outside at #4.

But, if you consider impact on the game and intangibles, then Magic has to be included and you can make a solid case to put him ahead of Lebron.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, neither ever specifically said they wanted to play for the Lakers.

Lebron wasn't the reason that Kawhi decided not to come to the Lakers, Lebron and AD was the reason why. He didn't want to do the "Big 3" thing.

Also, PG asked OKC for a trade because Kawhi asked him to. If OKC had refused to trade PG, or traded him to a team other than the Clippers, Kawhi would have signed with the Lakers.

He didn't want to do the "Big 3" thing, but he'd have done it to avoid being a 1 man show.

George literally said his dream was to play for the Lakers. It is why Indiana traded him before losing him to OKC.

Then with Lebron going to LA -- he wouldn't even give LA a FA meeting and resigned with OKC. Only to ask for a trade to the Clippers the next year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD requested to be traded to the Lakers because he wanted to play alongside Lebron. He even fired his agent and hired Rich Paul who is Lebron's agent.

The Lakers had to give up a fortune to get him because he's a top 5 player in the league and that's what a player of that caliber costs.

AD was asking to be traded to a team who can compete. There was really only two teams who had the assets to make a deal worth a damn for Davis. Boston and LA.

In LA, Lebron would be there and they'd have another max slot open to fill (which they didn't do).

The Pelicans wanted Tatum in a deal, which is why Boston balked and LA won out in the end.

AD never requested to be dealt to a certain team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George literally said his dream was to play for the Lakers. It is why Indiana traded him before losing him to OKC.

PG denied saying that. He said he dreamed of playing in LA and everyone assumed he wanted to play for the Lakers.

Indiana traded him because he told them that he was not going to re-sign with them.

Then with Lebron going to LA -- he wouldn't even give LA a FA meeting and resigned with OKC. Only to ask for a trade to the Clippers the next year.

The reason he ended up re-signing in OKC and never met with the Lakers was because he didn't feel that "the Lakers made enough of an effort to trade for him". That's a direct quote.

That was shortsighted on his part, imo, because why should they give up assets for him when they could have signed him as an FA and kept the assets they would have lost in a trade.

So again, Lebron had nothing to do with his decision to not join the Lakers and he asked for a trade to the Clippers because Kawhi asked him to.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting with Magic and Lebron. Lebron is definitely a more athletic version of Magic.

But when you consider "intangibles" (which really isn't "measurable") and overall impact on the game, you have to include Magic.

Just on pure measurables, the GOAT convo, imo, comes down to MJ, Kareem and Lebron (probably in that order) with Magic sitting just outside at #4.

But, if you consider impact on the game and intangibles, then Magic has to be included and you can make a solid case to put him ahead of Lebron.

Mostly agree.

Unsure whether or not Magic had better intangibles. Impossible to measure that. And I think LeBron gets unfairly criticized for things outside of his control (like Kyrie being an asshole). LeBron has been credited as being a really good teammate and he has won a lot of games with some pretty mediocre supporting casts. Also lost some games with really good supporting casts. Then again, so did Magic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD was asking to be traded to a team who can compete. There was really only two teams who had the assets to make a deal worth a damn for Davis. Boston and LA.

In LA, Lebron would be there and they'd have another max slot open to fill (which they didn't do).

The Pelicans wanted Tatum in a deal, which is why Boston balked and LA won out in the end.

AD never requested to be dealt to a certain team.

Wrong.

He did specifically ask to be traded to the Lakers, then later expanded to include 2 more teams. He specifically left Boston off his list and said he would not resign there.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG denied saying that. He said he dreamed of playing in LA and everyone assumed he wanted to play for the Lakers.

Indiana traded him because he told them that he was not going to re-sign with them.

The reason he ended up re-signing in OKC and never met with the Lakers was because he didn't feel that "the Lakers made enough of an effort to trade for him". That's a direct quote.

That was shortsighted on his part, imo, because why should they give up assets for him when they could have signed him as an FA and kept the assets they would have lost in a trade.

So again, Lebron had nothing to do with his decision to not join the Lakers and he asked for a trade to the Clippers because Kawhi asked him to.

Both George and AD were going to be FA. So why give up draft capital for AD?:L

Lakers fans are FILLED with excuses. Answer me this -- who is the top FA to sign on to join Lebron's team in his career?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AD also said that he wouldn't re-sign with anyone but the Lakers. He did that to drive down what teams would be willing to give up to get him because at the time, there were at least 2 teams who would be able to beat the Lakers offer.

So again, AD wanted to go to the Lakers and he and Rich Paul set things up to make that happen. That's what all of the controversy was about when they first tried to make the trade happen during the season.

Let's see:

Fires his agent and hires Lebron's agent.

Demands a trade during the season and has his agent say that any other team trading for him would be getting a one year rental.

Then continues the same narrative after the season and ends up getting traded to the Lakers.

But you don't think he wanted to be a Laker. lol

I'm a die hard Lakers fan, I followed every bit of all of this.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

He did specifically ask to be traded to the Lakers, then later expanded to include 2 more teams. He specifically left Boston off his list and said he would not resign there.

Right from AD's mouth

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both George and AD were going to be FA. So why give up draft capital for AD?:L

Because AD isn't a free agent until THIS coming off-season and they didn't want to wait another off-season to get him because they already had Lebron and a roster full of kids who already knew the Lakers had just tried to trade them.

PG also isn't going to an FA until THIS off-season and the Clippers were trying to land Kawhi, which is why the Clippers had to trade for him.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because AD isn't a free agent until THIS coming off-season and they didn't want to wait another off-season to get him because they already had Lebron and a roster full of kids who already knew the Lakers had just tried to trade them.

PG also wasn't going to an FA until THIS off-season and the Clippers were trying to land Kawhi, which is why the Clippers had to trade for him.

Don't bother. Trustmeimright ain't right. He's the same fella that said Jim Harbaugh was a 1st team All American in '86. Making Heisman winner Testaverde the only winner of the award not to be named 1st team. And he also said JH helped the Raiders beat the Bucs in S.B. 37 even though T.B. bitch-slapped Oakland in that game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer me this -- who is the top FA to sign on to join Lebron's team in his career?

Biggest name: Shaq

Best Player: D-Wade

Kevin Love also re-signed in Cleveland to stay with Lebron's team. If memory serves, Ray Allen signed with the Heat to be on Lebron's team.

If AD re-signs, he'll be the top FA to sign on to Lebron's team. Right now, he's just the best player to force a trade to Lebron's team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest name: Shaq

Best Player: D-Wade

Kevin Love also re-signed in Cleveland to stay with Lebron's team. If memory serves, Ray Allen signed with the Heat to be on Lebron's team.

If AD re-signs, he'll be the top FA to sign on to Lebron's team. Right now, he's just the best player to force a trade to Lebron's team.

downloadjhkhkj.jpg

All you're doing is confusing him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston would have given up Tatum to get AD if they thought that he would re-sign with them. He told them he wouldn't, so they took Tatum off the table.

In fact, if memory serves, the AD trade ended up being delayed a couple of days because the Celtics were allegedly considering making the trade anyway, trying to make a title run this season and then hope that having been to and maybe won the finals, he'd decide to re-sign.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsure whether or not Magic had better intangibles. Impossible to measure that.

Yeah, it kind of depends on what you consider intangibles and how strongly one measures them, which why this type of debate is so subjective.

I consider Magic to have better intangibles than Lebron, but there's certainly nothing measurable to back anything up, one way or the other. Someone who favors Lebron could use the exact same argument. lol

I'll just say that if someone wants to narrow the GOAT convo to just MJ, Kareem and Lebron and someone else wants to expand it to include Magic...neither would be wrong.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bother. Trustmeimright ain't right. He's the same fella that said Jim Harbaugh was a 1st team All American in '86. Making Heisman winner Testaverde the only winner of the award not to be named 1st team. And he also said JH helped the Raiders beat the Bucs in S.B. 37 even though T.B. bitch-slapped Oakland in that game.

Oh, I'm familiar with Trustmeiamwrong's work on the college football boards. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm familiar with Trustmeiamwrong's work on the college football boards. lol

He really is a connoisseur of fine manure. He knows his shit. Like bullshit & horseshit.