• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Lebron a Dynasty Unto Himself?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, why not just list who YOU think the superstars are? Not antagonizing, genuinely curious. What are your criteria? I'm guessing you think the superstars are LeBron, Kawhi, and PG? Giannis?

I will respond to this later. Been outside all day with my little man. Had to take advantage of the nice weather after being cooped up inside the last few days.

this quarantine shit sucks

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are good man. No worries.

Agreed on Harden. He Probably won’t ever win a championship.

And “winning” isn’t just about rings. When you get to the next level, all time great debates the ring count matters. When looking at who are the best of the best at any current moment, impact on winning really means that they can elevate their team and get them in the discussion.

Harden and Giannis have absolutely done that. Both have had their teams on the short list of contenders for the last 2’years.

There are plenty of guys who were “superstars” in their era who never won rings. Guys like Karl Malone, Ewing and Barkley. Those guys will never ascend near the top of GOAT debates because they lack that hardware. But, they were good enough to have their respective teams in the hunt year in and year out for a long time. They were superstars.

just not good enough to beat Jordan. Like Harden wasn’t good enough to beat the Warriors. Which is probably only reason he doesn’t have a title today. That he couldn’t beat an all time great time.

As for George, again, very nice player. I love 2 way guys and he is one of the best. But aside from 1 year with the Pacers nearly a decade ago, the only time his team has been a legit contender was nearly a decade ago. He doesn’t have the offensive numbers that the others on the list have and he is notorious for coming up small in the biggest moments. As good as he is, I don’t think he is good enough to carry a team on his back like the rest of these guys have shown the ability to do.

Will respond tonight once I put my little man down for bed.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s kind of the Buffalo Bills of the NBA. Known more for losing big ones than anything.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s kind of the Buffalo Bills of the NBA. Known more for losing big ones than anything.

:pound:

Well that's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Congratualtions on trying to compare LeBron (3 rings) to an NFL team that's never won anything.

Losing the big ones? He led the Cavs to greatest upset in Finals history. But don't let that get in the way of your incorrect comparison.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, except for having as many rings as the Piston franchise.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron played some of the toughest and most battle hardened finals teams ever assembled.

The 99-14 Spurs were a dynastic team of defense. They were winning 50 games for 20 straight season.
It was not embarrassing to lose to them at all. A lot of team lost to the Spurs dynasty run.

The 14-18 Warriors were a basketball revolution. Nobody won more games or dominated a 4 game stretch period.
Nobody else in the fucking NBA was beating them either.
Lebron had the only team to ever beat them a single time at full championship strength healthy.

His only blemish was the 2011 Mavericks?? Maybe...
It had a deep roster with ring hungry desperate vets who were still good.
something like 40+ career all star appearances up and down the roster everywhere.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who you ask.

Any rational person:

Yes

@DorianRo:

He just rides coattails of proven winners like Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and Anthony Davis[/QUOTE

Hmmm.. Actually its because of Irving the Cavs won the ship. It was his cluthness. And Lakers wont sniff a ship unless AD turns into Shaq. LeShits aint nothing but a 2nd fiddle now. He aint the best Laker. the offense doesn't go through him . In fact, hes probably not a top 4 player int he league anymore. Nice try though. Next year LeTrash will be 18-19 years in the league? LOL

And give me a break.. Lebron is NOT a proven winner unless he COLLUDES with multiple HOFers. LOL Hasn't history shown this?

Wade got a FMVP and Title before LeNoBody showed up in South beach. LOL!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.. Actually its because of Irving the Cavs won the ship. It was his cluthness. And Lakers wont sniff a ship unless AD turns into Shaq. LeShits aint nothing but a 2nd fiddle now. He aint the best Laker. the offense doesn't go through him . In fact, hes probably not a top 4 player int he league anymore. Nice try though. Next year LeTrash will be 18-19 years in the league? LOL

And give me a break.. Lebron is NOT a proven winner unless he COLLUDES with multiple HOFers. LOL Hasn't history shown this?

Wade got a FMVP and Title before LeNoBody showed up in South beach. LOL!!!

Yep.

Still an idiot!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron played some of the toughest and most battle hardened finals teams ever assembled.

The 99-14 Spurs were a dynastic team of defense. They were winning 50 games for 20 straight season.
It was not embarrassing to lose to them at all. A lot of team lost to the Spurs dynasty run.

The 14-18 Warriors were a basketball revolution. Nobody won more games or dominated a 4 game stretch period.
Nobody else in the fucking NBA was beating them either.
Lebron had the only team to ever beat them a single time at full championship strength healthy.

His only blemish was the 2011 Mavericks?? Maybe...
It had a deep roster with ring hungry desperate vets who were still good.
something like 40+ career all star appearances up and down the roster everywhere.

Great post.

And precisely why Finals record is a dumb thing to compare players by.

If Jordan and LeBron switched caliber of Finals opponents, their Finals record probably flips also.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post.

And precisely why Finals record is a dumb thing to compare players by.

If Jordan and LeBron switched caliber of Finals opponents, their Finals record probably flips also.
Yep....and I'd concede if they switched challengers in the East, Lebron might make fewer Finals and maybe MJ goes more often.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are trying way too hard and you are all over the place.

The Mavericks this year are 34-19 in games where Luka has played more than 2 minutes. 5-8 in games where he played less than that. He is worth about 20 wins for his team. Maybe more. That is superstar impact.

Davis the same. He carried the Pelicans to the 2nd round of the playoffs after Cousins got hurt 2 years ago and his 2 way stats are insane. Giannis and Harden? You are an idiot to question those. Deep playoff runs + last 2 MVPs.

Paul George is very good. Clearly in the next tier of guys. But there has never been evidence that he has had anywhere near that level of impact on his team winning games. Never. He is not a superstar. George is an elite 2nd option or a middle of the road first option.

Sorry -- been dealing with this corona shit. My buddy lost his best friend from childhood, who was young, fit and perfectly healthy a few days ago. Took a week from the time the symptoms started til he passed away.

So i will just say -- the only superstars are those working on the frontline of all this.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry -- been dealing with this corona shit. My buddy lost his best friend from childhood, who was young, fit and perfectly healthy a few days ago. Took a week from the time the symptoms started til he passed away.

So i will just say -- the only superstars are those working on the frontline of all this.

Damn. That sucks.

RIP

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry to hear.