• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Lamar Jackson smart to go into this season without a deal?

Is he smart to go into this season without a deal?

• Yes

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Fuck no

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Raven tater salad

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent is a giant dumbass, I think.

He has to be top-3 at the position and manage to make it through the season unscathed, if he wants to get the sort of money through free agency he thinks Baltimore wasn't willing to give him.
He's his own agent still right?

Reactions: DJ

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should probably take a big extension now. His game is mostly based on his athleticism and running ability which opens up the passing game for him. His QB skills alone - independent of his running ability - are somewhere around average to slightly below average.
I know his passing stats would imply otherwise, but it cannot be understated how much of that is because of his dynamic athletic ability which is, like mamba said, one hit away from being gone. He's a smart guy and he has steadily improved as a passer but he should look to guys like Russell Wilson, Josh Allen and (to a lesser extent) Dak Prescott as examples of mobile QBs that learned to be dynamic passers of the football as they matured.

This right here.

And if he loses his legs that takes away some intermediate stuff he nails right now because the D has to commit so much to contain him.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here.

And if he loses his legs that takes away some intermediate stuff he nails right now because the D has to commit so much to contain him.
He can certainly get better if he puts the work in but the time to do it is now while he's young.
As a Cowboy fan I remember Dak Prescott's first three seasons where, for example, his footwork was very poor (Dak has said that he was never really taught proper footwork in high school or college), but he worked on getting his mechanics right and consistent and he has since had his best career season AFTER a major leg injury.
His mobility is not what it used to be but he's now a very good pure passer.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has to be top-3 at the position and manage to make it through the season unscathed, if he wants to get the sort of money through free agency he thinks Baltimore wasn't willing to give him.

But is he though........................

With the QB need market Red hot right Now, I can count off the top of my head 4 or 5 teams that need a QB, Is it the right decison to Sign or Wait till FA

And Carolina, Houston, Seattle, Indy, Washington

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the QB need market Red hot right Now, I can count off the top of my head 4 or 5 teams that need a QB, Is it the right decison to Sign or Wait till FA

If he finishes below Top-10, or worse- suffers a bad injury, then he's relegated to backup status or end of his career. Of course, this is true for nearly anyone at all times in the NFL, but he's trying to get paid here.

The goal might be to get Bal'more to trade him, though it doesn't look like that would happen.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he finishes below Top-10, or worse- suffers a bad injury, then he's relegated to backup status or end of his career. Of course, this is true for nearly anyone at all times in the NFL, but he's trying to get paid here.

The goal might be to get Bal'more to trade him, though it doesn't look like that would happen.

I agree but sometimes sir..................

Strike well the iron is hot.......................

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This

All QB'S could be one hit away
Smart play is FA

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't have one. He is repping himself.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he finishes below Top-10, or worse- suffers a bad injury, then he's relegated to backup status or end of his career.
He can finish outta top 20 but make at least conference championship and still get paid.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have one. He is repping himself.

Two things i take away. I will express them in Gif form

simon cowell facepalm GIF

and

Think About It GIF by Identity

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Yes.
He is under Contract. He is showing he is a man of his word.
Its his job that he agreed too. To go play this year.
Oh, I think you misunderstood. I never said he shouldn't play, he should take whatever Baltimore is offering in case he gets hurt.

I am sure it's not too far off what Watson got paid, but he wants more per year or more guaranteed cash.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a risk though. The way he plays has a shorter shelf life. If anyone can prove the standard wrong it is him. But I certainly wouldn't gamble it all over 20 million here or there.

His game is very dependent on his legs. If he slows down any.. it limits him more than other qbs.
This.

Baltimore isn't lowballing him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley looks like he had decent rapport with Andrews and Bateman. Could easily see the Ravens doing a Franchise and dump scenario here unless Lamar looks like a top 10 pocket passer at some point

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can finish outta top 20 but make at least conference championship and still get paid.
That's doubtful. It's been suggested that Jackson wants $250M guaranteed. So conservatively speaking, if he's going to get ~$46M per season, perhaps a 7-yr deal? Few teams are going to pay that, even if his team manages to do well in that suck of a division.

I get that what he's doing is trying to press the Ravens front office into getting a deal done soon into the season, but he runs the risk of screwing it up with not much of a backup plan.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar will likely outdo Scotty Pippen as the worst contract decision maker in history.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's doubtful. It's been suggested that Jackson wants $250M guaranteed. So conservatively speaking, if he's going to get ~$46M per season, perhaps a 7-yr deal? Few teams are going to pay that, even if his team manages to do well in that suck of a division.

I get that what he's doing is trying to press the Ravens front office into getting a deal done soon into the season, but he runs the risk of screwing it up with not much of a backup plan.
The AFC North sucks? :scratch:

He has said he won't negotiate once the season starts......just a FYI.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley looks like he had decent rapport with Andrews and Bateman. Could easily see the Ravens doing a Franchise and dump scenario here unless Lamar looks like a top 10 pocket passer at some point
I was thinking the same thing. And if they franchise him for a season or 2.....it's more time on the field for him to get hurt.

Anf people can ignore it all they want.....but scrambling signal callers get hurt more. It's just a fact.