• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is KSU coach Snyder in the wrong or in the right?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would explain things to you but they would all be over your head. Keep thinking Alabama akadmics> Stanford ,Duke, Cal, USC....... Because Alabama said so on dis here paper we reported.lol
It doesn't get funnier than this. You ask him about academic rankings and he spouts football scores. LOL
52-49 obviously USC's unbelievable victory over Penn State in the Rose. Is clearly why K State decided to let Sutton transfer

Scores Only :dhd:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would explain things to you but they would all be over your head. Keep thinking Alabama akadmics> Stanford ,Duke, Cal, USC....... Because Alabama said so on dis here paper we reported.lol
It doesn't get funnier than this. You ask him about academic rankings and he spouts football scores. LOL

:lol: @ you explaining anything.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you see things the same way. There is really nothing productive involved in blocking a transfer. Once a student athlete wants to transfer. Due to one of many possible and legitimate reasons. That athlete is not a productive member for a coaches roster. Too much has been breached. There's more to gainfor a university to release that player and his scholarship. Allow him to go elsewhere. And full his position with a kid that wants to be a productive part of that team. Which raises the question of. What do coaches like Snyder truly have to gain by blocking a transfer. That is not based on personal agendas or or semantics? There's far more to gain by letting the kid transfer. And much more potential for discourse and a detrimental effect to team by blocking a transfer. Do you see any reason you would want a player on a team that doesn't want to be there? Or telling a player he is free to leave. And following that with blocking a transfer following giving the kid the impression he can leave? I think you would agree this was poor behavior on Snyder part. It's all really logical

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ you explaining anything to a guy who thinks Alabama is in the same universe to Stanford ,Duke ,USC, Boston College, Cal, Michigan... when it comes to academics.

Fixed

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once said recruits commit to Saban.

I said they come to Alabama because of Saban, but they commit to the school.

As for the Ohio St player, that is what he said in his commitment that I had literally just read seconds before posting it.

You did say Saban being there is why they come, how is that not the same thing as them committing to a coach?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did say Saban being there is why they come, how is that not the same thing as them committing to a coach?

I don't think it's a secret to recruits that a coach is liable to leave at anytime for a variety of reasons and that their decision should be based on more than the coach.

At the same time, the program and the things Saban has built will be here for years to come. Even without Saban, the desire to win and the commitment to it from the program isn't going to change.

I'm not saying it never happens because I'm sure it does, but those recruits are foolish and those who are well guided know to commit the program, not the coach.

Saban is just a damn good salesman.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@4down20 and @socaljim242

I see what you two are arguing.

4D is arguing graduation rates

SoCal is arguing fake numbers and weak classes

Well he's trying to claim Saban doesn't care or do anything about education, and the APR and GSR numbers say otherwise.

He's trying to hold Saban accountable for the quality of the schools, and that's not something he has any control over. What he does have control over is making sure the kids are going to class and passing their classes. Alabama devotes a good amount of resources towards that and it's reflected in those numbers.

His fake numbers claim is just stupid. As if Saban/Alabama is going to risk academic fraud when the bar on those numbers is so low to start with that it's not even needed.

Easier classes than those at Stanford etc - yes for sure. However, Stanford does well on the GSR, and was #1 in that recently despite being a little lower in the APR.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a secret to recruits that a coach is liable to leave at anytime for a variety of reasons and that their decision should be based on more than the coach.

At the same time, the program and the things Saban has built will be here for years to come. Even without Saban, the desire to win and the commitment to it from the program isn't going to change.

I'm not saying it never happens because I'm sure it does, but those recruits are foolish and those who are well guided know to commit the program, not the coach.

Saban is just a damn good salesman.

There is no doubt Saban is a damn good salesman. An sure some recruits are foolish. But thinking a coach is not the reason a recruit commits most of the time is by far foolish.

Alabama may not fold for years to come without Saban, but alls it takes is one bad hire for all of what Saban has built to come crashing down.

If these recruits are indeed committing to Alabama and not Saban, why has Alabama consistently been ranked in the top 5 classes with Saban but years before him they were not?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's trying to claim Saban doesn't care or do anything about education, and the APR and GSR numbers say otherwise.

He's trying to hold Saban accountable for the quality of the schools, and that's not something he has any control over. What he does have control over is making sure the kids are going to class and passing their classes. Alabama devotes a good amount of resources towards that and it's reflected in those numbers.

His fake numbers claim is just stupid. As if Saban/Alabama is going to risk academic fraud when the bar on those numbers is so low to start with that it's not even needed.

Easier classes than those at Stanford etc - yes for sure. However, Stanford does well on the GSR, and was #1 in that recently despite being a little lower in the APR.

Fair points. Christ I wish WVU was as good as bama or Stanford or many others in APR or GSR

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We aren't blind . Saban doesn't care how many of his players get arrested ( they rarely ever miss game time ) so I'm supposed to think he cares about their education? LOL. APR just means they moved through the system. UNC showed the NCAA doesnt care if the numbers are fake and Sabans not a fool. He's not going to lose a player he needs because of grades knowing the NCAA really doesn't care. Risk academic fraud? LOL.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't blind . Saban doesn't care how many of his players get arrested ( they rarely ever miss game time ) so I'm supposed to think he cares about their education? LOL. APR just means they moved through the system. UNC showed the NCAA doesnt care if the numbers are fake and Sabans not a fool. He's not going to lose a player he needs because of grades knowing the NCAA really doesn't care. Risk academic fraud? LOL.

:lol: @ your butthurt reality.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Stanford is overall a better school academically than Alabama.

You demonstrate my point. Sure - look at US News, and the answer is right there - Standford is rated higher than Alabama. However, the metrics on which Stanford excels relative to Alabama are completely irrelevant to a typical undergraduate.

But you know what is of significant relevance to an undergraduate? Whether or not he or she is likely to leave with a degree.