• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is It In The Lakers Best Interst To Lose This Season?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the expirings? WOW!! How many of these do we keep?? Who do we go after? I don't want Melo! I really hope we 1-2 big FA after this year and sign Love after next!

UNRESTRICTED
Steve Blake
Kobe Bryant
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
Xavier Henry
Jordan Hill
Wesley Johnson
Chris Kaman
Jodie Meeks
Shawne Williams
Nick Young (P)

A little early in the season for a lot of these guys, but I say:

Definitely back:

Kobe: The Lakers almost HAVE to re-sign him if he is healthy. About the only way he doesn't get re-signed is if he can't come back at an elite level from his injury or he demands another max deal.

Farmar: Has shown tremendous improvement at both ends of the floor, seems to be learning from Nash and is young, fast and athletic.

Hill: Brings much needed energy and defense. Offense is a work in progress, but improving.

X: Young, athletic and showing some flashes that he could be something special. D'Antoni's system seems to be a good fit.

Meeks: He has improved his offense and NO ONE on this team players harder. D'Antoni's system loves energetic players and that's Meeks.

Young: Has the talent to be a "mini-Mamba". Needs to have better shot selection.

On the bubble:

Gasol: Depends on whether or he turns his season around and how much less he will sign for. He could also be traded to a contender who feels he could help them get over the top for picks and/or players.
Blake: For the most part, he is playing well. His return will likely be based on Farmars continued development and what the Lakers get via trade, FA or the draft.

Blake: He has been playing well of late, but can be inconsistent. His fate will largely be decided by Farmar's development and what the Lakers may get via trade, FA and/or the draft.

Johnson: Young, athletic and talented. He has been erratic at best. If he can "even out his play" there may be a reserve role for him.

Kaman: has played well, but he's an older guy and has had recent injury issues. If he can stay healthy and continue to play well, he could stick for another couple of seasons. His fate could also be decided via trade, FA and/or the draft.

Williams: See Johnson.

Just my two cents.