• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is It In The Lakers Best Interst To Lose This Season?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.

Hope Melo does opt out and signs elsewhere. Then the NYK will sign Kevin Love the summer of 2015.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you guys want Melo? Either sign Evan Turner to a max deal after this season. Or trade for Jrue Holiday or DeMar DeRozan.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you guys want Melo? Either sign Evan Turner to a max deal after this season. Or trade for Jrue Holiday or DeMar DeRozan.

The Lakers? I wouldn't sign him. He is due $24.4 million next season. Signing him to a max deal would cut way too much into the salary cap.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is just never going to win a ring. And hes to old. Evan Turner im telling you looks pretty good.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to be a loser to be a winner.

I hate the idea of a proud franchise like Los Angeles trying to be a loser.

And the Lottery is not a guarantee for anything.

Agree! With the TW Cable cache they can and will go all-out shopping come next year, watch. When they only have one draft pick and a roster full of mostly 1-year soon to be FA's, not many options left. And Doc Buss had mostly been successful with a combo, draft and FA's. Speculating which players might want to don the purple and gold is fun to look ahead but there's so much more to come this season that it can be a whole different ball game come next summer.

One things' for sure, we won't sit back and watch - be it small Buss or anyone else in ownership.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to be a loser to be a winner.

I hate the idea of a proud franchise like Los Angeles trying to be a loser.

And the Lottery is not a guarantee for anything.

Agree! With the TW Cable cache they can and will go all-out shopping come next year, watch. When they only have one draft pick and a roster full of mostly 1-year soon to be FA's, not many options left. And Doc Buss had mostly been successful with a combo, draft and FA's. Speculating which players might want to don the purple and gold is fun to look ahead but there's so much more to come this season that it can be a whole different ball game come next summer.

One things' for sure, we won't sit back and watch - be it small Buss or anyone else in ownership.
I agree.....overall attendance at Staples for Lakers game will drop compared to seasons past.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.....overall attendance at Staples for Lakers game will drop compared to seasons past

as compared to your lousy Knicks? If that's what you want to hang your hat on, knock yourself out. At least we haven't gone 40 years without winning another title.

Willis, come and help this sorry-arse Knicks team will 'ya!

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coincidence that the Lakers 5yr sellout streak ended the night I made my prediction?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coincidence that the Lakers 5yr sellout streak ended the night I made my prediction?

A few hundred short of a sellout. Streak is over. The last time the Lakers didn't sell out was also against New Orleans.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it's realistic they end up with 10 to 15th pick. Tough to call who won't be a bust etc. More important to me is what they do with kobe. Owner seems to have a sign him at any cost. I think the wrong move here could set Lakers back several years. He's making what 30 mil this year I would say that needs to drop to gasol type numbers 15-20 mil per season.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the expirings? WOW!! How many of these do we keep?? Who do we go after? I don't want Melo! I really hope we 1-2 big FA after this year and sign Love after next!

UNRESTRICTED
Steve Blake
Kobe Bryant
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
Xavier Henry
Jordan Hill
Wesley Johnson
Chris Kaman
Jodie Meeks
Shawne Williams
Nick Young (P)