• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Frank Gore done?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season he did not run well. He did have 3 big runs, but other than that he was below average. This year he is going down way too easy. He used to run over people and truck people. Now he is going down on first contact. He used to make people miss with a bit of a wiggle, but now he has none at all. Its just straight ahead even if its into the back of the Oline. Its like he runs into them on purpose to try to hide or something instead of hitting the hole or bouncing it to the outside.

I would say that he is running this way because he got paid and doesn't care anymore, but it did happen last year.

All those years of over using him and knee/hips injuries have finally caught up to him. It might be time to look for a new feature back.

As of right now my top 4 positions of need in order are:
1) Corner
2) Running Back
3) Free Safety
4) QB

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never question Gore's toughness or play..... He hasn't been running like the Gore of Old but I think a few things are hampering him. Maybe a slight tweak in his hip? Or he feels comfortable running the way he is now to avoid another injury? He could also be running this way like sunday to avoid the chance of a fumble?

He also hasn't seen too many lanes opened up for him, his OL isn't blocking in which their capable of, so I think that has a hand in his dropoff(better change soon, i need him in fantasy!)

But his Blitz pickup is strong as ever, he has heart and the respect of the team... i would give it some time before we start looking towards him for woes of the offense.

I would say needs are, CB, S, OL/QB, OLB....

We still have Hunter as backup and I'm surprised he's not seeing much time out there... I honestly thought he would've been used much more even by wk 2

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to harp on the stupid cliche, but this is now a passing league. One thing we've learned while having a very good RB the past 5 years... is that it doesn't mean crap unless the team can pass the ball, or stop the pass.

After Gore, a new RB is the least of my concerns. This team needs a QB or a shut down CB. I'd love to see the team in position to get a CB next draft, as they somewhat addressed the OLB and QB in the last draft. Although, until Aldon and Colin prove themselves, the 49ers top needs are still CB/QB/OLB.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last season he did not run well. He did have 3 big runs, but other than that he was below average. This year he is going down way too easy. He used to run over people and truck people. Now he is going down on first contact. He used to make people miss with a bit of a wiggle, but now he has none at all. Its just straight ahead even if its into the back of the Oline. Its like he runs into them on purpose to try to hide or something instead of hitting the hole or bouncing it to the outside.

I would say that he is running this way because he got paid and doesn't care anymore, but it did happen last year.

All those years of over using him and knee/hips injuries have finally caught up to him. It might be time to look for a new feature back.

As of right now my top 4 positions of need in order are:
1) Corner
2) Running Back
3) Free Safety
4) QB

That is a pretty heft dose of disrespect for Gore right there.

QB is the #1 need if this team is ever going to be really good.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to harp on the stupid cliche, but this is now a passing league. One thing we've learned while having a very good RB the past 5 years... is that it doesn't mean crap unless the team can pass the ball, or stop the pass.

After Gore, a new RB is the least of my concerns. This team needs a QB or a shut down CB. I'd love to see the team in position to get a CB next draft, as they somewhat addressed the OLB and QB in the last draft. Although, until Aldon and Colin prove themselves, the 49ers top needs are still CB/QB/OLB.

I'm not a fan of drafting a RB in the first 2 rounds unless they are obviously elite. It's constantly proven that you can find RB's in the 3rd round or later that can even start right away. Right now our top 2 needs are obviously QB and CB. I was never sold on Kaep and Smith has run his course here. What i'd like to see us to is go after a guy like Kyle Orton next year and try to get either Luck or Landry Jones (all though our chances of getting Luck are super thin).

I'm not sure there is a shut down corner that is going to be available in this draft. I still like Jayron Hosley, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Cliff Harris and there are a few other CB's i'd take a look at as well, but most of the talent in next years CB class is in the late 1st - 2nd round range. Nobody who's quite "elite".

As far as Gore goes, I think some of the blame can go on the offensive line for not being able to penetrate the opposing Defensive line and allowing the LB's to come in and make the tackle. Iupati, Rachal, and A. Davis are supposed to be at their best in the run blocking game, so I'm much more concerned about the play of the Offensive line at this point.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta have some faith in Prime I guess.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see how qb is not #1

agreed.

at this point drafting CK hasn't solved it and don't think he'll have enough reps this season? so going into the next draft i'd STILL be looking at QB's to draft. not saying we must draft one and he doesn't need to be drafted high, but evaluate QB's in earnest and see how the draft unfolds?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta have some faith in Prime I guess.

I have faith, but QB will remain the #1 need until someone steps up, Prime or not. I wouldn't go looking hard for a QB in the '12 draft, but if a can't miss prospect at the position drops to us, we have to think about it hard.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have faith, but QB will remain the #1 need until someone steps up, Prime or not. I wouldn't go looking hard for a QB in the '12 draft, but if a can't miss prospect at the position drops to us, we have to think about it hard.

If we finish 7-9, and have a draft pick in the low teens, trade up to get the QB that you want. If it takes a whole bunch of draft picks to move up I'd still do it.

A young franchise QB is worth giving away all your good draft picks for 1-2 years.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we finish 7-9, and have a draft pick in the low teens, trade up to get the QB that you want. If it takes a whole bunch of draft picks to move up I'd still do it.

A young franchise QB is worth giving away all your good draft picks for 1-2 years.

it really depends on how the draft plays out. this team has so many holes we won't fill it in one offseason. if malcolm floyd is sitting there, i'd rather take him than trading up. but i think he goes top 5 if he keeps playing the way he is.

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it really depends on how the draft plays out. this team has so many holes we won't fill it in one offseason. if malcolm floyd is sitting there, i'd rather take him than trading up. but i think he goes top 5 if he keeps playing the way he is.

Who cares about Malcolm Floyd, he plays for the Chargers j/k. I think you mean Michael Floyd Wr Notre Dame and yes he is a beast.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i wouldn't think hard nor long, i'd draft him.

no HC nor offensive system can generate results without a QUALITY QB. you can draft a pass rusher, CB, WR, LT, anybody else, but no ONE player advances you more than a QB.

if a can't miss prospect drops to us its a no brainer........irregardless of having just drafted CK round 2.

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets say the niners get pick 10-15. What are the chances Andrew Luck pulls a Eli and says he wants to play in SF?

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can you say zero percent? are you andrew luck? I knew it! but seriously u really think no chance? Not saying a team would give in but u dont think he would wanna play for Harbaugh?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can you say zero percent? are you andrew luck? I knew it! but seriously u really think no chance? Not saying a team would give in but u dont think he would wanna play for Harbaugh?

It only happened twice in the history of the NFL. The only reason Manning did it was because his dad was feuding with A.J. Smith at the time, and IIRC called him "The Lord of No Rings".

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Qb is #1 and with our injuries at WR, I would like to see a stud WR, would love and I mean love to get Floyd from N.D. the guy is a beast and the best WR out there. Big, strong and fast