• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Eli worthy of the Hall of Fame

Eli a Hall of Famer?

• Total voters

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are pretty equally comparisons considering when the two played. Elis td to interception ratio is horrible for a qb playing today.

what is equal about 34 more INT's than TD's compared to 122 more TD's than INT's :noidea:

I wouldn't be surprised if the adjusted numbers also show that Eli was better than Plunkett, but eras do matter.

To me...eras have zero to do with 34 more INT's than TD's

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli was Jameis Winston before Jameis Winston.
sure if you don't consider playing well in two SB championships, each ending with the MVP award. Nevermind being top 10 all time in yards and TD's.

It's funny, two fans (Me & Eaglesnut) of NFC east teams have no problem seeing Eli as a HOF'er. I'll say it again, can't write the SB history without Eli. The second biggest SB upset (next to Namath's Jets) is HOF worthy almost by itself. If Namath & Sonny Jergusen are in the hall, then bet your ass Eli Manning should be. It's as simple as that to me.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure if you don't consider playing well in two SB championships, each ending with the MVP award. Nevermind being top 10 all time in yards and TD's.

It's funny, two fans (Me & Eaglesnut) of NFC east teams have no problem seeing Eli as a HOF'er. I'll say it again, can't write the SB history without Eli. The second biggest SB upset (next to Namath's Jets) is HOF worthy almost by itself. If Namath & Sonny Jergusen are in the hall, then bet your ass Eli Manning should be. It's as simple as that to me.

You do know that Sonny Jurgenson was an All Pro, who led the NFL in yards passing 5 times and TD's twice?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that Sonny Jurgenson was an All Pro, who led the NFL in yards passing 5 times and TD's twice?

YEP....and never took a team to the playoffs. Played in one playoff game as a back up, completed 6 passes and threw 3 INT's in the one playoff appearance.

It should be noted that I said if Namath & Sonny were in then Eli should be as well

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEP....and never took a team to the playoffs. Played in one playoff game as a back up, completed 6 passes and threw 3 INT's in the one playoff appearance.

It should be noted that I said if Namath & Sonny were in then Eli should be as well

The playoffs were completely different in that era. There were two divisions, and the only way a team made the playoffs was to win the division. That's a really weak argument to make, IMO. Jurgenson was an excellent QB and very deserving of the HOF.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs were completely different in that era. There were two divisions, and the only way a team made the playoffs was to win the division. That's a really weak argument to make, IMO. Jurgenson was an excellent QB and very deserving of the HOF.

YEP....two divisions from 57 to 66 (10 years) and 4 divisions from 67 to 74 (8 years) when he retired. His team did win the championship in 1960, but Sonny was holding a clip board.

I agree....your "argument" is weak since I'm only saying if Sonny & Namath are in then Eli should be as well.

Move on Ricky....your bull shit always bores me

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is equal about 34 more INT's than TD's compared to 122 more TD's than INT's :noidea:

Then you don't understand how the passing game has changed over the years.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEP....two divisions from 57 to 66 (10 years) and 4 divisions from 67 to 74 (8 years) when he retired. His team did win the championship in 1960, but Sonny was holding a clip board.

I agree....your "argument" is weak since I'm only saying if Sonny & Namath are in then Eli should be as well.

Move on Ricky....your bull shit always bores me

Not my problem your argument is flat out ridiculous.....moving on.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I don't think Eli is HOF Quality I won't complain WHEN he gets in. He won't be the first nor the last to enter without really being amongst in the game.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right....cause throwing more INT's than TD's was common when teams threw 20 to 25 passes a game :L
10 of the top 20 qbs in touchdown passes threw at least as many interceptions as touchdowns in 1975 and 1976, which were seasons in the middle of Plunkett's career. You are proving that you don't understand how the passing game has so dramatically changed. Over half the league's qbs used to throw more interceptions than touchdowns. So yes, it WAS common back then. That basically never happens anymore, although eli has accomplished it a couple times.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just have to look at the data. It's available.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry Eli nutswingers.

His daddy will get him in.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what percentage does Eli need to get in this poll in order for him to get the official Sportshoopla endorsement on his Hall of Fame candidacy? In honor of his career, I say the standard should be 50%.

Or maybe 2% for his 2 Super Bowls is more fair.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is getting in because it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Elite.
Joe Namath got in because of his fame, not because he was elite in any way. Super Bowl began when the AFL was blended in with the NFL and became the AFC and the old NFL became the NFC. The general feeling was the NFC was the A conference and the AFC was the B conference. That feeling was further cemented when the Packers demolished the Chiefs 35-10 and the following year destroying the Raiders 33-14. Talk was maybe calling the AFC the B league should be changed to the C league. The NFC was feeling mighty smug and superior.
Colts were favored over the Jets by as much as 18 points. The AFC was getting no respect. It was irritating for players in the AFC and what prompted Namath to his now famous guarantee of a victory for the Jets. Beating the Colts 16-7 was huge moment in NFL history. Brought some respect to the AFC and that's why he's in the Hall. Fame, delivering on the big stage, David bringing Goliath to his knees.
Eli will get in because of fame also. Not because he was great vs other QBs in the league and not because he won a Super Bowl even. It's because he slayed Goliath on the big stage. Patriots had gone undefeated in the regular season and looked like a Juggernaut rolling over teams which included the Giants. It seemed like a foregone conclusion that Goliath was going to have a perfect season. A rare event indeed and one not wanted by football fans outside of NE. Doesn't matter if it was luck or what the Giants won. Goliath was slayed on the big stage for all to see. The celebration was coast to coast
except in the NE corner of the country.

VYFMS5H2OOMTLBV4IWE3TPXJQI.jpg

upload_2020-1-25_14-16-42.png

So hall of fame, not hall of elite.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is getting in because it's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Elite.
Joe Namath got in because of his fame, not because he was elite in any way. Super Bowl began when the AFL was blended in with the NFL and became the AFC and the old NFL became the NFC. The general feeling was the NFC was the A conference and the AFC was the B conference. That feeling was further cemented when the Packers demolished the Chiefs 35-10 and the following year destroying the Raiders 33-14. Talk was maybe calling the AFC the B league should be changed to the C league. The NFC was feeling mighty smug and superior.
Colts were favored over the Jets by as much as 18 points. The AFC was getting no respect. It was irritating for players in the AFC and what prompted Namath to his now famous guarantee of a victory for the Jets. Beating the Colts 16-7 was huge moment in NFL history. Brought some respect to the AFC and that's why he's in the Hall. Fame, delivering on the big stage, David bringing Goliath to his knees.
Eli will get in because of fame also. Not because he was great vs other QBs in the league and not because he won a Super Bowl even. It's because he slayed Goliath on the big stage. Patriots had gone undefeated in the regular season and looked like a Juggernaut rolling over teams which included the Giants. It seemed like a foregone conclusion that Goliath was going to have a perfect season. A rare event indeed and one not wanted by football fans outside of NE. Doesn't matter if it was luck or what the Giants won. Goliath was slayed on the big stage for all to see. The celebration was coast to coast
except in the NE corner of the country.

VYFMS5H2OOMTLBV4IWE3TPXJQI.jpg

View attachment 230907

So hall of fame, not hall of elite.

He's not worthy of Fame or Elite status. His numbers aren't even remotely elite and the only reason people will say he's reached "fame" is because of his 2 SBs.

But let's be real. If his name was Flacco and he had 2 SBs they wouldn't mean diddly. The difference is his last name is Manning. Give Flacco one more SB and they're the exact same QB.

If Flacco had one more ring on his resume, would that make him HOF worthy? There's your answer to whether or not Eli is.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not worthy of Fame or Elite status. His numbers aren't even remotely elite and the only reason people will say he's reached "fame" is because of his 2 SBs.

But let's be real. If his name was Flacco and he had 2 SBs they wouldn't mean diddly. The difference is his last name is Manning. Give Flacco one more SB and they're the exact same QB.

If Flacco had one more ring on his resume, would that make him HOF worthy? There's your answer to whether or not Eli is.
The funny thing is that he's tied with Flacco exactly at 24th of 29 in career quarterback rating among active players. They are exactly the same player. Both competent. Both not very good.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Manning goon squad will force him into the HOF just like they forced the chargers to trade him to the Giants.

The entire manning family personifies everything that is wrong with the NFL today. Every one of them should be ashamed of themselves.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Super Bowl MVP’s against the dynasty of the last 20 years.

Better numbers in a pass friendly era, sure but if Namath can get in for his one good SB game (his numbers are even more pedestrian even taking into account the era in which he played) the surely there is a place in Canton for Eli.