• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Cam Newton an MVP candidate?

Is Cam Newton a "a legit MVP candidate"?

• Yes, he is.

• No, is your friend on drugs?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like that this poll is back.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like that this poll is back.

I like that as I'm writing this, there are 17 people who understand football and 29 people who only understand how to look up QB stats on ESPN.com

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that as I'm writing this, there are 17 people who understand football and 29 people who only understand how to look up QB stats on ESPN.com
or, there are 17 people who dont understand football and 29 people who know cam newton sucks.

"yay! he can run!"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22nd in passing yards
31st in comp %...31st!!! hes .6 better than ryan fucking mallet.
16th in YPA
tied for 11th in passing TD's (13) with ryan fitzpatrick, hoyer, stafford, tannehill and mariota.
6th most interceptions in football (9). you know who has fewer? eli "INT" manning.
26th in rating, book ended by foles and flacco (81.3, barely over 80!)
26th in passing yards per game (228) in a league that is predicated on the passing game.

as far as "quarterbacks" go...you know, guys who throw the fucking ball...hes awful.

"yay, he can run!"

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22nd in passing yards
16th in YPA
tied for 11th in passing TD's (13) with ryan fitzpatrick, hoyer, stafford, tannehill and mariota.
6th most interceptions in football (9). you know who has fewer? eli "INT" manning.
26th in passing yards per game (228) in a league that is predicated on the passing game.

as far as "quarterbacks" go...you know, guys who throw the fucking ball...hes awful.

"yay, he can run!"

You decide to throw stats out at me. Classic :clap:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You decide to throw stats out at me. Classic :clap:
math

doesnt

lie

its a universal truth. wanna argue that? we can.

1+1 is always 2.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22nd in passing yards
16th in YPA

"yay, he can run!"

At this point Rock...the stats have little to no value...I say "at this point", because they are undefeated and he's doing enough right to help them be undefeated.

Cam simply is not going to fit into a stat driven evaluation...it's going to compute..."he's average" all day long.

But...he does things with his legs (yay...he can run) that makes CAR very difficult to stop...even if he doesn't run it...he's a true dual threat QB.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had my vote until he stole that guys Packers banner

BLASPHEMER

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Rock...the stats have little to no value...I say "at this point", because they are undefeated and he's doing enough right to help them be undefeated.

Cam simply is not going to fit into a stat driven evaluation...it's going to compute..."he's average" all day long.

But...he does things with his legs (yay...he can run) that makes CAR very difficult to stop...even if he doesn't run it...he's a true dual threat QB.
same goes for peyton?

he leads the league in picks and his team has 1 loss.

same applies i assume...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same goes for peyton?

he leads the league in picks and his team has 1 loss.

same applies i assume...

Not sure I follow you. Manning has one way he can beat you, throwing it. His passing stat line should more closely define his impact on the game. My point here is you can't solely use the traditional passing stats as the catch all, be all when the QB you're evaluating does more than pass the ball to impact the game.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I follow you. Manning has one way he can beat you, throwing it. His passing stat line should more closely define his impact on the game. My point here is you can't solely use the traditional passing stats as the catch all, be all when the QB you're evaluating does more than pass the ball to impact the game.
its easy to follow

both are QB's

both have a combined one loss

both have atrocious QBing (i.e throwing, what a QB does) stats.

so does your logic on cam apply to manning too (who leads planet earth in picks)?

based on the below:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its easy to follow

both are QB's

both have a combined one loss

both have atrocious QBing (i.e throwing, what a QB does) stats.

so does your logic on cam apply to manning too (who leads planet earth in picks)?

based on the below:

No...not 100% because they go about the game in different ways...the passing stat line tells you everything you need to know about Manning because that's his only impact on the game. Cam can go 12 for 28 with 230 yds 1 int, 1 TD, but also have 60 yds rushing and 2 TDs....his passing stats are not the only measurement.

In the DEN...this stat (PA 139) is largely why they are 7-1.