• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is bruce allen a liar

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't gruden and allen say redskins will be very'active in free angentcie. Well wtf fuck is this crap i'did'not think it meant elcheapos shark grade d players

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
havent we signed 5 players ? all young ? i dont think he lied and we are only in day 2

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I got no problem with the players we have signed, or the amount we have spent on them. Im more than happy we didnt break the bank on any of the "Prime" free agents. My only concerns are these.

1. We havent really done anything to improve the secondary and with Merriweather, Doughty and Wilson gone we have no depth and are technically worse in that department right now.

2. there is a thin line between prudent and over cautious. right now I think we are skirting the border of over cautious. But we shall see soon enough.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you shark of'course its bad do go overboard but I'm worried that we might go though this free agent period with out 1 starter'but like my bro tells we might'have stars already on the'roster but the shanys where just to stupeid to coach them up just adding gruden could make a differnce . Sorry to all if I'm acting like a whinning bitch I'm just geeting stressd out

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you shark of'course its bad do go overboard but I'm worried that we might go though this free agent period with out 1 starter'but like my bro tells we might'have stars already on the'roster but the shanys where just to stupeid to coach them up just adding gruden could make a differnce . Sorry to all if I'm acting like a whinning bitch I'm just geeting stressd out

IM fine with it if they think we have starters on the roster already even. How ever, that has to be tempered as well.

Thomas is coming back off injury. Rambo really showed he needed a lot of time as a backup, and still does. Im a huge Minifield fan and I think he MIGHT be the answer at 3rd CB. But we still need a 4th and likely a 5th CB.

I have zero faith in robinson at ILB. He is fragile at this point.

We need two safetys, atleast one more ILB and another CB and at least 1-2 D-lineman.

Im giving them the mulligan on the WR spot because I actually like Roberts as a slot guy, and while I dont have alot of faith in Hank for this year, I think we will get some size at Wr in the draft. But we need 1-2 more O-lineman and maybe another TE.

Not all of this can or should be filled in FA. But I count ten players we need for sure and we only have 6 draft picks. So something is going to have to come from FA even if we totally crush it during the draft.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear de smith is still at redskins park he might be'going to the titans on Friday. And fs ryan'clark is in dc'tweeting about'trafic jams and about if he'signs he will not take seans t jersy number

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear de smith is still at redskins park he might be'going to the titans on Friday. And fs ryan'clark is in dc'tweeting about'trafic jams and about if he'signs he will not take seans t jersy number

I get the feling ryan isnt going to sign. Smith they are going for the hard sell on

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we bring in Antonio Cromartie..it seems like he wouldn't mind coming here

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what is left at CB, I would take Cromartie right now on a deal similar to Hall's (or slightly less).Would take Smith or Spencer too.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, coach? A liar? How about Allen has a long term view of building this team. He realizes we are not in a position this year too compete, so why waste all your ammunition on high priced FAs? Pick value guys that can give us depth and STs play and draft your core. IF we continue this strategy, we can field a competitive team by 2015 given the division we play in. Of course, this all hinges on our ability to evaluate and draft college talent.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Coach Spurrier....you're an idiot...

Thats all

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

I guess signing Adam Hayward and Andre Roberts helps the Special Teams as well as augmenting the defense and offense, respectively.

Honestly, I'm not expecting too much this year. And if there isn't a plethora of game-changing talent available, why throw money just for the sake of throwing money? Save some to resign or extend players that we have now in the coming year or two. There's just no way we're going to be able to fill all our needs with free agency and the draft. The draft appears to be deep with capable corners and if the pass-rush of our front seven improves, perhaps it'll hide the weakness of our secondary.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cromartie is going to want money. He is aging. No thanks.

I'm sure our staff has done their homework on our players and other FAs.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We signed two starters in FA thus far, Lauvao and Roberts (if you count slot as a starter).

Yes you are acting like "a whinning bitch" but no need to apologize. You just need to be more objective.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a Washington Post report that players were upset that they got little or no playing time even though they were better than some who were starting...................That said, it is very possible that during the evaluation period some players were identified as starter worthy, hence the relatively tepid free agency period. Maybe it's time for us to take another look at the current roster, take into account the possibilities that exist there with respect to our defensive backfield. Maybe a second and/or third look might give us some insight into the moves that Mr. Allen is making....er...not making.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. We have youth that has shown promise on this team.

Guys like Adam Gettis, Josh Leribeus, Tom Compton, Phillip Thomas, Bacarri Rambo, Chase Minnifield, and Richard Crawford deserve a shot; however, if you bring in guys that are getting paid 4 and 5 mil/season, these guys won't get that shot. A price tag automatically distorts truth when it comes to player evaluation.

I assume Gruden has brought in his assistants, coordinators, coaches, and evaluators to find out the needs of this team and thoughts on younger players. Maybe I'm naïve to think that a first time HC would want to keep his job for a few years and maybe even do well for an owner that would give him all the money he can handle if he builds a winner.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. We have youth that has shown promise on this team.

Guys like Adam Gettis, Josh Leribeus, Tom Compton, Phillip Thomas, Bacarri Rambo, Chase Minnifield, and Richard Crawford deserve a shot; however, if you bring in guys that are getting paid 4 and 5 mil/season, these guys won't get that shot. A price tag automatically distorts truth when it comes to player evaluation.

I assume Gruden has brought in his assistants, coordinators, coaches, and evaluators to find out the needs of this team and thoughts on younger players. Maybe I'm naïve to think that a first time HC would want to keep his job for a few years and maybe even do well for an owner that would give him all the money he can handle if he builds a winner.

Gk.. .while the logic is some what sound, what you propose does not match up with todays NFL. Sure you give all those young guys a chance, but the reality is that if it fails it already puts the new coach in a hot seat position. As well as the GM. We have already seen that the days of a 4-5 year turn around do not exist in the NFL any more. You get about thre years max, four if you are a coach with a resume like Shanahan, GIbbs or a few others. But if this team isnt contending seriously by year three, odds are Gruden does not get a year four. So its great in concept to give these young guys a shot . BUt plan b can not be, well if these young guys dont work out, we have these UDFA's we also picked up backing them up. When your team is as short on talent on defense as we currently are, and you also dont have the draft picks to get impact players for that defense, you have got to bring at least one or two guys in. Not saying you have to break the bank. But going bargain hunting usually gets you the results we have had over the past four years. Hoping your 4th and 6th round picks can be close to day one starters gets coaches fired as we have seen. And considering that Thomas, Crawford are coming off injury. And our young lineman couldnt beat out what many have said was a horrid O-line. Its borderline negligent to not bring in at least some realistic starters on both the defensive side of the ball and on the O-line.