• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is bruce allen a liar

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gk.. .while the logic is some what sound, what you propose does not match up with todays NFL. Sure you give all those young guys a chance, but the reality is that if it fails it already puts the new coach in a hot seat position. As well as the GM. We have already seen that the days of a 4-5 year turn around do not exist in the NFL any more. You get about thre years max, four if you are a coach with a resume like Shanahan, GIbbs or a few others. But if this team isnt contending seriously by year three, odds are Gruden does not get a year four. So its great in concept to give these young guys a shot . BUt plan b can not be, well if these young guys dont work out, we have these UDFA's we also picked up backing them up. When your team is as short on talent on defense as we currently are, and you also dont have the draft picks to get impact players for that defense, you have got to bring at least one or two guys in. Not saying you have to break the bank. But going bargain hunting usually gets you the results we have had over the past four years. Hoping your 4th and 6th round picks can be close to day one starters gets coaches fired as we have seen. And considering that Thomas, Crawford are coming off injury. And our young lineman couldnt beat out what many have said was a horrid O-line. Its borderline negligent to not bring in at least some realistic starters on both the defensive side of the ball and on the O-line.

I would agree that a 3 or 4 year plan won't work. However - one thing we all know - a one year plan for the Redskins definitely won't work! How much more proof do you need? I am glad that they are showing some restraint and not looking strictly for big name players that very likely will fail with this team. At some point in time they have to develop & retain talent from within. I have to laugh at how many people badmouth Snyder yet basically want to take his previous approach - insane.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that a 3 or 4 year plan won't work. However - one thing we all know - a one year plan for the Redskins definitely won't work! How much more proof do you need? I am glad that they are showing some restraint and not looking strictly for big name players that very likely will fail with this team. At some point in time they have to develop & retain talent from within. I have to laugh at how many people badmouth Snyder yet basically want to take his previous approach - insane.

I agree, I like that we actually didnt go hog wild buying big names. But there is a level of balance that needs to happen. You can not realistically expect to not address key needs at all in the hopes that the young guys will suddenly get it on the defensive side of the ball. We need realistic starters at the safety position. We need another ILB (might come from the draft) and we need another CB and D-line.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I like that we actually didnt go hog wild buying big names. But there is a level of balance that needs to happen. You can not realistically expect to not address key needs at all in the hopes that the young guys will suddenly get it on the defensive side of the ball. We need realistic starters at the safety position. We need another ILB (might come from the draft) and we need another CB and D-line.

Agree. Again - let's just wait and see how this plays out. I think that there are several players that they either obtained or will obtain shortly where the jury is out. When we see them actually play next season we might just say "good pickup & a guy that will help this team for many years". For the most part - the Redskins are not in the position to break the bank on most of these big name FAs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Again - let's just wait and see how this plays out. I think that there are several players that they either obtained or will obtain shortly where the jury is out. When we see them actually play next season we might just say "good pickup & a guy that will help this team for many years". For the most part - the Redskins are not in the position to break the bank on most of these big name FAs.

Agreed. My only concern is that we have been bitten so many times, and Allen is intent on showing he is not Cerrato, that we may go too conservative and end up bargain shopping ourselves into another spat of starting guys who have no business starting. There is a fine line between being shrewd on price, and being the Browns. Another sub .500 season because we started backups because we were too shrewd to bring in starters would not go well for this team I dont think.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are signing scrubs if they don't have an amazing draft we are gonna royally suck next season

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. My only concern is that we have been bitten so many times, and Allen is intent on showing he is not Cerrato, that we may go too conservative and end up bargain shopping ourselves into another spat of starting guys who have no business starting. There is a fine line between being shrewd on price, and being the Browns. Another sub .500 season because we started backups because we were too shrewd to bring in starters would not go well for this team I dont think.

This could be true, but it could also be that Allen accepts we are in rebuilding mode and he wants to do it right. No more trading away draft picks, as it is the draft that builds the foundation. No more signing high priced older FAs, they become cap nightmares and rarely work out. While I agree that there is a short window of a couple of years for any Front Office, Allen had to have spoken with Snyder on this strategy before Snyder gave him total control.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild plan

Year 1- purge players that do not fit your scheme and poor contracts without signing huge name players...this could lead to a 4 win season...damn...we have never been there before.

Year 2- you have found out if any of the previous regime's young talent can play in the league in year one and now you can sign a player or two that truly upgrades your truly evaluated roster within your scheme. You have already rid yourself of bad contracts in the previous season so now you can think with a clear monetary record. Hopefully up to 6 to 8 wins.

Year 3- Continue the growth and keep growing the team. If you are now a playoff contender, you can sign a big name or two and keep pushing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild plan

Year 1- purge players that do not fit your scheme and poor contracts without signing huge name players...this could lead to a 4 win season...damn...we have never been there before.

Year 2- you have found out if any of the previous regime's young talent can play in the league in year one and now you can sign a player or two that truly upgrades your truly evaluated roster within your scheme. You have already rid yourself of bad contracts in the previous season so now you can think with a clear monetary record. Hopefully up to 6 to 8 wins.

Year 3- Continue the growth and keep growing the team. If you are now a playoff contender, you can sign a big name or two and keep pushing.

And if you are NOT a contender by year three?? Rinse and repeat?? Just saying dude, the years of the 3-5 year plan are over. Loking at what Reid did in KC, and Kelly did in Philly. Some how I dont think a 4-12 record is going to sit too well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you are NOT a contender by year three?? Rinse and repeat?? Just saying dude, the years of the 3-5 year plan are over. Loking at what Reid did in KC, and Kelly did in Philly. Some how I dont think a 4-12 record is going to sit too well.

Shanahan did the same thing with RG3. We win the division, our QB gets hurt and we have a bad season...our coach gets fired.

Reid had 7 pro-bowlers on his team when he got there.

Kelly, see what happens in year 2.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Gotta coach 'em up" to borrow a familiar refrain.......Players often flourish in systems that better suits their talents. Does it really make sense that this team has made a decision on this up-coming season to basically toss it away? I doubt it!!! In fact the league is set-up to advance competitive balance. Sure we were all frustrated with 3-13, but think about it for a second, weren't there some games that with a break or two could have meant more w's? Who wouldn't say that an 8-8 season is a step in the right direction considering a new HC, QB coming off second year of recovery and poor play and retooling needs almost everywhere? Every team on our schedule is gonna check off playing this team as an easy win....and ....you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way!!!