• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is anyone surprised the Rams and Jags are cooking?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both have demonstrated very good defensive schemes and ways to score. Should have made this a poll, to include potato salad with bacon bits.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised actually, for both squads. I knew the Rams had a very good defense, but Gurley looked off last year and Goff looked to be a Yuge bust. Surprised how well he has looked in year 2. I knew the Jags were talented with a stellar defense and weapons on offense, but I have no trust on Blake Bortles.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised actually, for both squads. I knew the Rams had a very good defense, but Gurley looked off last year and Goff looked to be a Yuge bust. Surprised how well he has looked in year 2. I knew the Jags were talented with a stellar defense and weapons on offense, but I have no trust on Blake Bortles.
Good point, Bortles is a big Q for the Jaguars. Love the way both teams are winning games though. Hope both make the POs and make a good run. Both teams deserve a little love.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, Bortles is a big Q for the Jaguars. Love the way both teams are winning games though. Hope both make the POs and make a good run. Both teams deserve a little love.
I want to see the Rams crash and burn. Nothing against the fans or players, but fuck Stan Kroenke. Owners are a sleazy bunch a lot of times and he is one of the sleaziest.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the Rams would be better. The Jags are a bit shocking.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the Rams were looking to break out, without a doubt, Fisher was holding them back, they've had stellar Ds on paper for years. Jax is doing their thing, would love to see them take the AFCS. Tribute to the good job Del Rio did over there.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not suprised they are ddecent teams, suprised at the jags for being that good. and rams meh they stepped forwardto mediocrity, easy without fisher there

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams don't really surprise me that much. The D is still good and they have Gurley. I think the jury will still be out on Goff for a bit but he has looked much better this year for the most part. Not sure if he is there yet when teams shut Gurley down but time will tell. Wouldn't be surprised if the Rams are a WC team.

The Jags have used all those high draft picks to build a pretty solid team. Del Rio is a good HC and now all they need is a franchise QB and they could be good for quite a few years, imo. Bortles ain't it, unfortunately. If they can find one of those diamonds in the rough later in the draft like a lot of teams out there, they may be set to be a serious contender.

So no, I'm not too surprised by either of these teams.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see the Rams crash and burn. Nothing against the fans or players, but fuck Stan Kroenke. Owners are a sleazy bunch a lot of times and he is one of the sleaziest.

Yeah, happy for the players that have been through all the turmoil, and the 1,756 fans

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rams are the better of the teams . jags are a road team for some reason and are night and day road vs home . funny most teams play better at home . jags you stay close and you will win late . colts got beat deep a lot but they lost Melvin cb on the first series along with simon lb . hooker gone for the season in the 2nd quarter . so the colts had to play 4 th string safety and 5th cb due to chucky healthy scratch of rookie Wilson for third week in a row .

all i'm saying is don't read to much in the jags . they should've killed the colts 50-0 . if jags get ahead they turn lose the dogs that D can beat anyone .

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More surprised about how the Rams are doing it with Goff actually developing some; great sign for the Rams. Jags I don't know how sustainable they actually are given their gameplan can't really deviate much at all on offense. Their schedule is ridiculously soft though so the playoffs and some playoff experience, maybe even a win, is in their future which I would have laughed at even a few weeks ago.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Jacksonville was going to b pretty good last year. I remember opening day against GB they should have won but for multiple bd calls. I was impressed with them, but then they fell off a cliff for the second half of the season. So i am impressed with them again this year but i am going to wat to see if they can maintain this past the halfway mark.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams look pretty good. I guess Jeff Fisher really was overrated like most people were saying. Although he may be done with coaching for a while I heard his mustache is pursuing employment in the college ranks.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JAX doesn't seem as ready for Primetime to me as the Rams. QB would be the issue.

But I don't see either team settling to the bottom tiers any time soon.

I quite like the Rams. Want a nice big beach towel, maybe a freezer mug. But they all say St Louise still....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually the exact opposite for me. Fowler/Ramsey and Jack all have more experience and Jack is healthy now (100%). The defense believe it or not was top 10 last year.

The big thing they lacked was an explosive backfield and pass blocking. They shored up both with Robinson and Fournette.

The Rams do surprise me actually. I called Jared Goo...... yep still Goof for now a bust from the start. That said, Gurley was always decent and the Rams nabbed two decent receivers in Watkins/Woods assuming Watkins stays healthy. I guess it's not a surprise with Jared considering they nabbed Greg Olson who is EXCELLENT with developing QBs. Jared has all the tools so if he can develop the mental and speed part of the game (which Olson is perfect with) it makes sense.

Still, if you told me the Jags would be 4-3 at this point, I'd be like, "No surprise." If you told me the Rams would be 5-2 AND that Seattle beat them in LA I'd tell you to check yourself in.

Also canning Jeff Fisher was about the smartest thing Kroenke.. has EVER done? Fisher is the definition of mediocrity. Good enough to keep you out of top 5-10 picks... bad enough to ensure you NEVER sniff the playoffs.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the exact opposite for me. Fowler/Ramsey and Jack all have more experience and Jack is healthy now (100%). The defense believe it or not was top 10 last year.

The big thing they lacked was an explosive backfield and pass blocking. They shored up both with Robinson and Fournette.

The Rams do surprise me actually. I called Jared Goo...... yep still Goof for now a bust from the start. That said, Gurley was always decent and the Rams nabbed two decent receivers in Watkins/Woods assuming Watkins stays healthy. I guess it's not a surprise with Jared considering they nabbed Greg Olson who is EXCELLENT with developing QBs. Jared has all the tools so if he can develop the mental and speed part of the game (which Olson is perfect with) it makes sense.

Still, if you told me the Jags would be 4-3 at this point, I'd be like, "No surprise." If you told me the Rams would be 5-2 AND that Seattle beat them in LA I'd tell you to check yourself in.

Also canning Jeff Fisher was about the smartest thing Kroenke.. has EVER done? Fisher is the definition of mediocrity. Good enough to keep you out of top 5-10 picks... bad enough to ensure you NEVER sniff the playoffs.
I thought a change in offensive philosophy would do Goff some good. They are young and I thought the possibility of them having a breakthrough year was there. The season is still young, but they need to be taken seriously.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JAX doesn't seem as ready for Primetime to me as the Rams. QB would be the issue.

But I don't see either team settling to the bottom tiers any time soon.

I quite like the Rams. Want a nice big beach towel, maybe a freezer mug. But they all say St Louise still....

Jags should've continued losing for one more year. They need a good draft pick to replace Bortles.

I can't say the Rams are shocking me, but they are surprising a bit. I would've expected the blow out wins to be closer games, but I sure as hell ain't complaining. It is SO nice to get a real offensive system in place. Thank god Fisher is gone (and most of "his players" have been replaced). How are the Browns enjoying Britt, lol?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also canning Jeff Fisher was about the smartest thing Kroenke.. has EVER done?

Right up there with moving the team back home. He should've canned Fisher before he almost screwed up Goff, but luckily no lasting damage seems to have been done.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought a change in offensive philosophy would do Goff some good. They are young and I thought the possibility of them having a breakthrough year was there. The season is still young, but they need to be taken seriously.

Yah for some reason I completely forgot Fisher was fired and the bigger factor was the Rams nabbed Olson. Olson is a QB guru and getting the most out of Goff was absolutely mandatory for the Rams to do anything. I also was surprised the Bills gave up Watkins and Woods. Watkins is still a good receiver, he just can't stay healthy. Course nobody knows what the Bills are doing, now apparently Glenn is on the chop block (by far their best O-Lineman).

Once I saw Goff doing well I scratched my head. When I remembered Olson was acquired I was like, "Ohhhh that makes sense now."

Frankly I don't think anyone was expecting more than 5-6 wins from the Rams (if that) so the fact they already have 5 is pretty solid. That said, their wins weren't that impressive (although they are undefeated on the road lol).

49ers, Jags (looking better but it's Bortles against a good Rams line, can shut down Leonard), Cardinals without Palmer (not like it'd have mattered anyway), Colts (LOL), and Cowboys whose defense looks atrocious. Nearly beat the Seahawks but the Seahawks are marching out quite possibly the most pathetic O-Line in NFL history outside of the late 80s Colts (nobody really has them doing much if they reach the playoffs unless the O-Line suddenly improves overnight). How Wilson has not been carted off in a body bag is beyond me.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring the "right coaches" can do that!

Both rosters are full of young talent, and now its' paying off with good coaching!