• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is anyone surprised the Rams and Jags are cooking?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once I saw Goff doing well I scratched my head. When I remembered Olson was acquired I was like, "Ohhhh that makes sense now."
It's McVay that's been the difference imo. Hated to see him leave the Skins ( thought we had at least another year with him) but happy for his success. Great guy and coach.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right up there with moving the team back home. He should've canned Fisher before he almost screwed up Goff, but luckily no lasting damage seems to have been done.

He rectified that by hiring Olson. I dunno... if he puts up a monster game against New York (which he should) I will probably officially remove my 'Jared Goof crown' from his head. If he does develop into a great QB Kroenke better give Olson a huge bonus, because Olson will have quite literally saved that franchise for the next 10 years.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's McVay that's been the difference imo. Hated to see him leave the Skins ( thought we had at least another year with him) but happy for his success. Great guy and coach.

Oh no doubt, but not all head coaches (even the good ones) are great at developing QBs. The system is huge, but a QB as raw as Goff needs a lot of help. Harbaugh was definitely a QB minded head coach and he even somehow got fans/analysts saying Kaeperdouche was better than Luck/Wilson.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring the "right coaches" can do that!

Both rosters are full of young talent, and now its' paying off with good coaching!

Atlanta should have tried that..... The coaching thing.

Instead their guy has been involved in 2 huge comebacks to lose Super Bowls........

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt, but not all head coaches (even the good ones) are great at developing QBs. The system is huge, but a QB as raw as Goff needs a lot of help. Harbaugh was definitely a QB minded head coach and he even somehow got fans/analysts saying Kaeperdouche was better than Luck/Wilson.
I think you underestimate the fact McVay also pulled Matt Lefleur (QB coach in DC) from the Falcons with him. That O has all the trademarks of past Skins O and it's no surprise to me that the Skins were one of the teams that defeated them as a result.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy shit like this happens in the NFL....it just does.

I really want the Jags to make the playoffs...I've got a lot of money set aside to bet against Blake Bortles.... please make this happen

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both have demonstrated very good defensive schemes and ways to score. Should have made this a poll, to include potato salad with bacon bits.

Rams...I'm surprised the OFC has clicked to this degree in LA because the QB/WR play has been weak at best until this season. I think we all knew they had great DEF personnel and picking up a top shelf RB...we've been questioning Fisher's existence as HC for a few years...shows what a different voice can do sometimes.

Jags...being honest, yes, I'm surprised at the Jags. The D is young, fast, and growing more confident, lots of high draft picks there...I'm not so surprised at that unit. The OFC imo is still not as good as the ranking and we'll probably see that points for stat avg go down as the season goes along.

The Jags are kinda doing what I thought the Bucs might do this season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He rectified that by hiring Olson. I dunno... if he puts up a monster game against New York (which he should) I will probably officially remove my 'Jared Goof crown' from his head. If he does develop into a great QB Kroenke better give Olson a huge bonus, because Olson will have quite literally saved that franchise for the next 10 years.

Everything under Fisher involving the offense was half-assed. Crap OCs, or at the very least OCs not given the full reigns due to Fisher's involvement, crap QB coaches, etc. Crap offensive draft picks until near the end with Gurley (and apparently Goff). Very appreciative of McVay, Olson and company. I'm also very happy to see DC Gregg Williams gone. Watching DBs line up 10 yards off the WRs repeatedly was too much to take.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta should have tried that..... The coaching thing.

Instead their guy has been involved in 2 huge comebacks to lose Super Bowls........

Well to be fair, he wasn't the one that decided to throw the ball instead of giving it Lynch...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised by the Jags honestly. Jags are finally healthy this year on both sides of the ball. Best running game in the league. 2nd best defense in the league. And when Blake plays good, seems like the team does well around him as well. The addition of Calais Campbell is proving to be the best acquisition of the year so far. The Jags defense is closing in on the team sacks record as well. It is currently 72 by the 84 Bears. Jacksonville is on pace to have 75 by seasons end.

I am definitely surprised by the Rams. I didn't think they would be THIS good to be honest. I thought from what we saw from Goff last year, this year was gonna be another down year. But Gurley came back to his rookie form, Goff is playing pretty decently and what is going overlooked is Pharoh Cooper is a very good kick returner.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised by the Jags honestly. Jags are finally healthy this year on both sides of the ball. Best running game in the league. 2nd best defense in the league. And when Blake plays good, seems like the team does well around him as well. The addition of Calais Campbell is proving to be the best acquisition of the year so far. The Jags defense is closing in on the team sacks record as well. It is currently 72 by the 84 Bears. Jacksonville is on pace to have 75 by seasons end.

I am definitely surprised by the Rams. I didn't think they would be THIS good to be honest. I thought from what we saw from Goff last year, this year was gonna be another down year. But Gurley came back to his rookie form, Goff is playing pretty decently and what is going overlooked is Pharoh Cooper is a very good kick returner.

Cooper is lucky to have found his niche on returns, as he was otherwise likely to be a numbers victim and a fringe 53 guy at best with the additions to the receivers corps this year. Lucky for him that Austin has played himself off the returns and will likely be off the roster altogether next year.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Miller: Los Angeles Rams Are Best Team in NFC Right Now

The Los Angeles Rams concluded Week 7 with a landslide victory against the Arizona Cardinals, 33-0, at Twickenham Stadium in London. The Rams are currently first in their division as they head into the bye week.

Are the Rams the team to beat in the NFC West? How will the Rams fare for the remainder of the season? Watch above as Stephen Nelson and Bleacher Report's NFL Analyst Matt Miller discuss if the Rams are the best team in the NFC.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seeing Campbell in JAX makes me realize again how much I hate the cap.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made the argument for the Rams here:

POLL - Who is going to win the NFC West?

but I figured that there was going to be more competition in the NFC. I did think that the Jaguars and Broncos were close to the same team but Bortles has been so bad that it was hard to pick them.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off) DOUG MARRONE IS THE JAGS HC, not Jack Del Rio who is coaching the Raiders.

I kinda expect this for the Jags. They got a game changing defense.

Rams are a shocj

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton said:
I made the argument for the Rams here:

POLL - Who is going to win the NFC West?

but I figured that there was going to be more competition in the NFC. I did think that the Jaguars and Broncos were close to the same team but Bortles has been so bad that it was hard to pick them.
Seems like the main argument was they couldn't be any worse

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the main argument was they couldn't be any worse
Thats a pretty good argument.

I was basically saying that Gurley and Goff were under performing and they upgraded at LT, Defensive Coordinator and Head Coach. No small things.