• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who is going to win the NFC West?

Who is going to win the NFC West?

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much action in this poll, but Seattle remains this class of this division since they arrived.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a healthy and refocused Seattle team should take the division and hopefully contend for the 1 seed.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to lock anything in but Seattle IMO is the clear favorite. Palmer is WAY too old to be relied upon and Arizona's offensive line has gone to shit. San Fran and LA are in COMPLETE rebuild and Jared Goof was not that good to begin with and plays behind another crap line.

If Seattle can put together a healthy season (they had a ton of injuries last season, Thomas, Shead, Richardson, Lockett, Prosise, Rawls, Sherman had some nagging stuff, etc.) and they got a COUPLE OLine improvements (which I think NATURALLY has to happen considering they brought in some new talent/rookies and Fant should TECHNICALLY improve - he put on 20 lbs of muscle). If McDowell pans out and actually gives a shit they should have a ridiculous 3rd down pass rush set with Clark/Avril/Bennett/McDowell.

Seattle is a few pieces away. Arizona/San Fran/LA are several pieces away, Arizona partly due to age.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say this has to be the easiest pick outside of the NFCE. Arizona is old. The Rams are too young and unproven/bad at QB. I know there's a 4th team, but I can't remember them at the moment.

Biggest issue with Seattle, of course, is the OL. It looks like 4 of the starters from last year's unit (all young players) are lined up to return as starters this year, which is a big step forward. All that unit needs to be is mediocre and this team is back in the NFCC at a minimum.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say this has to be the easiest pick outside of the NFCE. Arizona is old. The Rams are too young and unproven/bad at QB. I know there's a 4th team, but I can't remember them at the moment.

Biggest issue with Seattle, of course, is the OL. It looks like 4 of the starters from last year's unit (all young players) are lined up to return as starters this year, which is a big step forward. All that unit needs to be is mediocre and this team is back in the NFCC at a minimum.
I'm thinking you meant AFCE, am I right.

As for the NFCW, yes it looks like its Seattle's to win, but Arizona winning won't knock me over. Now if the Rams or 49ers win I'm stocking up on emergency supplies.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking you meant AFCE, am I right.

Ugh, yeah, brain cramp. Thanks.

As for the NFCW, yes it looks like its Seattle's to win, but Arizona winning won't knock me over.
I already thought they were a bit old last year. They have David Johnson and swept Seattle last year, but RW was playing on one leg and AZ lost Calais Campbell so their DL is not going to be able to manhandle Seattle's OL like last year. It sure wouldn't be the biggest upset ever or anything, but I think the Cards' time has past with Palmer & co.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, yeah, brain cramp. Thanks.

I already thought they were a bit old last year. They have David Johnson and swept Seattle last year, but RW was playing on one leg and AZ lost Calais Campbell so their DL is not going to be able to manhandle Seattle's OL like last year. It sure wouldn't be the biggest upset ever or anything, but I think the Cards' time has past with Palmer & co.
I can't argue to hard but I could see one more run from the cards.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easiest division to pick

And Seattle isnt even that good anymore

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is the argument for the Rams. They have a lot of bounceback qualities:

-The Rams upgrade from Greg Robinson to Andrew Whitworth at Left Tackle has to be one of the biggest upgrades in football at any position.

-Wade Phillips is inheriting on of the 5 most talented defenses in the league.

-Goff couldn't possibly be any worse than he was last year.

-Gurley couldn't possibly be any worse than he was last year.

-McVay couldn't possibly be any worse than Jeff Fisher was for the past few years.

-Rams are always the youngest or one of the youngest teams and another year could see some improvement from some young players.

-Surely the Rams won't get swept by the Niners again. Niners look poised to get one of the stud QBs in next year's draft and I doubt they want to screw that up.

The huge issues with the Rams lie in the fact that they on paper will have the worst passing attack in the NFL and you can't win in the NFL like that. Cooper Kupp pretty much needs to walk on and be a #1 WR and a new head coach has to figure out how to use Tavon Austin. There is talent there but who knows if they'll get enough out of it.

I think you could see them make a big comeback next year but I'm not sure they can get to 10 wins and I think Seattle is pretty much a lock to get to 10 wins so I'm still voting Seattle. I just think the Rams get to 7 or 8 wins.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to pick AZ, but in the end I with with the old guard...Seahawks.

Rams...just too far to go in one season with a QB with so few starts.

SF...who is the QB?

AZ...does Palmer have one more good season in him w/o getting hurt...idk.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to pick AZ, but in the end I with with the old guard...Seahawks.

Rams...just too far to go in one season with a QB with so few starts.

SF...who is the QB?

AZ...does Palmer have one more good season in him w/o getting hurt...idk.

If I knew what the Cards get out of Palmer I would definitely feel comfortable picking them. They have the potential for a very explosive offense if Palmer is right and a defense that can make enough plays to win them games. I also feel like Seattle took a step back this year as nothing they did in FA or the draft makes me think they are a better team. They didn't really lose anything either I guess it is more about a feeling of just the locker room not being what it once was.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I knew what the Cards get out of Palmer I would definitely feel comfortable picking them. They have the potential for a very explosive offense if Palmer is right and a defense that can make enough plays to win them games. I also feel like Seattle took a step back this year as nothing they did in FA or the draft makes me think they are a better team. They didn't really lose anything either I guess it is more about a feeling of just the locker room not being what it once was.

The SEA locker room doesn't really bother me much...I just think they are getting a little stagnant, but if their OL plays better they have enough weapons, and their DEF is still good enough. I don't like them to win the SB, but if Palmer doesn't roll back the clock, SEA will take it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEA locker room doesn't really bother me much...I just think they are getting a little stagnant, but if their OL plays better they have enough weapons, and their DEF is still good enough. I don't like them to win the SB, but if Palmer doesn't roll back the clock, SEA will take it.

Yeah I'm not expecting them to win the Super Bowl either. Should be a playoff team no problem but teams like Green Bay, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Dallas, NY Giants are all teams I would put above them with a good shot at winning the NFC.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not expecting them to win the Super Bowl either. Should be a playoff team no problem but teams like Green Bay, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Dallas, NY Giants are all teams I would put above them with a good shot at winning the NFC.
Unlike the AFC the NFC is wide open. No telling which team will win the championship.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike the AFC the NFC is wide open. No telling which team will win the championship.

I think I listed quite a few teams in the NFC that I see as contenders. I just don't include the Seahawks among them.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess you did not visit the Seattle board and see the thread on just how much better they will be.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you did not visit the Seattle board and see the thread on just how much better they will be.

Guess I missed that one. To me this team peaked in 2013 and has been like a slow leak out of a tire since. They are very top heavy contract wise making it hard to add much FA wise and if they are to climb back into that Super Bowl conversation need some huge production from the draft classes to make it work.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I missed that one. To me this team peaked in 2013 and has been like a slow leak out of a tire since. They are very top heavy contract wise making it hard to add much FA wise and if they are to climb back into that Super Bowl conversation need some huge production from the draft classes to make it work.

The division as a whole wasn't what it once was. Pretty much every team in the division has taken a step back lately.