• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Anyone Still Opposed To Drafting A Qb

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're mixing Shaw with AJ McCarron. Shaw is from South Carolina and is more of a running QB. This will be a deep QB draft:

In addition to the usual suspects (Bridewater, Bortles, Manziel):

Aaron Murray, UGA
Derek Carr, Fresno St.
David Fales, SJSU
Taylor Martinez, Nebraska (iffy)
Zach Mettenberger, LSU
Keith Wenning Ball St.
Jordan Lynch, NIU
Garrett Gilbert, SMU
Casey Pachall, TCU
Chase Rettig, Boston College,
Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois

For the life of me, I don't know how Kap regressed as much as he did this year. He looked like a world beater in the playoffs last year. Did the coaches play it too safe? He had more weapons than last year and more than Smith ever had. I always hated their pre-snap motions - Keep it Simple Stupid.

There's only (and maybe) ONE guy on that list that can be better than Kaep. I hope your plan for replacing him is a little better than that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a top 5 QB. We don't need him. Every one forgets he had 95% of our yards in the 1st half and he made a crazy ass Jump throw for a TD that I never saw any QB ever make.

U guys need to chill. Yes he made 2 bad throws but again it was all on him.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a top 5 QB. We don't need him. Every one forgets he had 95% of our yards in the 1st half and he made a crazy ass Jump throw for a TD that I never saw any QB ever make.

U guys need to chill. Yes he made 2 bad throws but again it was all on him.

No 'running" qb has ever won a title. We need to keep our options open.
Worst case we need a better backup

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that if we change QBs now, we will lose our window of opportunity with the cast of players we have now. So we're stuck with him. I just hope he doesn't come calling with large contract demands. Maybe we can even pick up Julio Jones once he becomes a FA to fill the receiver hole.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that if we change QBs now, we will lose our window of opportunity with the cast of players we have now. So we're stuck with him. I just hope he doesn't come calling with large contract demands. Maybe we can even pick up Julio Jones once he becomes a FA to fill the receiver hole.

who in this thread ever said anything about a QB change right away? that is not what this thread is a bout.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 1st 2 rounds yes I am opposed to taking a QB. 3rd or later I would be fine. With Kap's flaws he still is better then every QB in this draft IMO and still young and just completed his 1st full year as a starter.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 1st 2 rounds yes I am opposed to taking a QB. 3rd or later I would be fine. With Kap's flaws he still is better then every QB in this draft IMO and still young and just completed his 1st full year as a starter.

I've asked this question before, just curious what you say.

Out of a backup would you want a guy that could win if your starter goes down for extended time? If you can win with a for sure 3rd or later round pick then why do teams draft qb's 1st overall and such?
This thread is based on if the tight value FALLS to our 2nd round pick.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 qb lmao Payton Brady Rodgers Brees Kaep lmao. You need to share the crack you are on.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm pretty much off the Kaepernick band wagon. I'm not sure if we can ever win the Superbowl with him. Last year, we had a lot of things go our way but still fell short. This year, not so much but Kaepernick still blew it.

I'd definitely be all for drafting a QB high if the right one is there. Hell, if they think one of the top QB prospects are a fit, I'd be for trading up for one. I haven't watched or evaluated a lot of the QB's coming out so I'm not sure if a prospect exists though.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've asked this question before, just curious what you say.

Out of a backup would you want a guy that could win if your starter goes down for extended time? If you can win with a for sure 3rd or later round pick then why do teams draft qb's 1st overall and such?
This thread is based on if the tight value FALLS to our 2nd round pick.

Yes I know you asked before but we are drafting a career backup IMO. Until that changes no QBs in the 1st 2 rounds. At least this draft, now if a top 5 guy fell to the 2nd and he was a QB that we could develop and trade away later or push Kap to start then I would be fine with that but there isn't a QBlike that in this draft IMO

Next year if Mariota or Winston fall to the late 2nd I would be ok drafting one of them.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know you asked before but we are drafting a career backup IMO. Until that changes no QBs in the 1st 2 rounds. At least this draft, now if a top 5 guy fell to the 2nd and he was a QB that we could develop and trade away later or push Kap to start then I would be fine with that but there isn't a QBlike that in this draft IMO

Next year if Mariota or Winston fall to the late 2nd I would be ok drafting one of them.

If Mariota was REALLY better than any of the top qb's he would have declared.

Winston is overrated. He will not be an NFL starter. Beyond the numbers, have you ever watched him throw? I wouldn't get my hopes up about that guy.

Mettenberger might be a steal due to his acl injury. That guy is a true qb.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not on the get rid of Kaep bandwagon. I think he has lots of room to improve he has the talent he just needs to show the motivation to get better. But calling him top five is delusional. Right now he is a faster Michael Vick

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not on the get rid of Kaep bandwagon. I think he has lots of room to improve he has the talent he just needs to show the motivation to get better. But calling him top five is delusional. Right now he is a faster Michael Vick

I dont know. He basically learned nothing from last year.

Losing the Super bowl and losing it how we did, I thought it wouldve been a great learning experience. Kap regressed this year and then ended up making the exact same mistakes. He didn't learn a damn thing and I have no reason to believe he will in the future.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top QBs

1- Payton
2-Brady
3-Rogers
4-Brees(who I think is over rated. Not a big game QB) Has stats and yes 1 super bowl but as of late not so great in big games.

5- ?

who would you take over Kap. I would put Kap at 5. No to Stafford, Romo, Eli(on decline), Wilson, Newton, Cutler, Smith, Big Ben(decline), Rivers.

Please tell me who? At worst Kap is in the Top 7.

dubabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous

In his 2 years as a starter this team made it to the Superbowl and the NFC Championship game and some jokers want to get rid of him? LOL

There's only few Mannings, Bradys, Rodgers and Brees (and even he looked like absolute crap against the Seahawks), you're going to get rid of him to play the lottery to get an elite QB? LOL

Get serious people, look how desperate teams are for QB's that they are giving huge contracts to the Cutlers, Romos, Flaccos, Staffords. Just take a look at how many teams have been looking for a franchise QB in the past 10 years without any luck, even with high draft picks (Jaguars, Browns, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Raiders, Bucs, etc.)

It's not easy to get elite talent at QB in this league, get real with the expectations of getting the next Brady in the draft.

Can't believe this thread is for real.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous

In his 2 years as a starter this team made it to the Superbowl and the NFC Championship game and some jokers want to get rid of him? LOL

There's only few Mannings, Bradys, Rodgers and Brees (and even he looked like absolute crap against the Seahawks), you're going to get rid of him to play the lottery to get an elite QB? LOL

Get serious people, look how desperate teams are for QB's that they are giving huge contracts to the Cutlers, Romos, Flaccos, Staffords. Just take a look at how many teams have been looking for a franchise QB in the past 10 years without any luck, even with high draft picks (Jaguars, Browns, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Raiders, Bucs, etc.)

It's not easy to get elite talent at QB in this league, get real with the expectations of getting the next Brady in the draft.

Alex led this team to being a few plays from the Superbowl yet most of the credit was credited to the team around Alex, as Alex for the most part was viewed as just happened to be there. The San Francisco 49ers are the most talented team in the National Football League in terms of talent and while Colin is talented I don't think at this stage he could have led any other team in the NFL to this stage. I don't knock his talent at this stage but after last night I severely question his ability to perform under pressure. Had this been Tony Romo it would have been an epic day for bashing and jokes across the country. Elite players make elite plays in elite situations and I'm not sure that Colin is that guy who can do that for this team

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous

Cutler, Romo, and Stafford >>>>> than Kaepernick.

The dude isn't an elite QB. Not even close. He's maybe top 20ish. Below average as a starting QB. I want more than that.

I'm not saying cut him. But definitely have to keep an open mind to a replacement if the proper one shows himself. Until then, gotta roll with him and hope he develops. He didn't improve at all this year, and at times he seemed to regress. That's not a good thing for a raw QB who is in his mid 20s.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous

Read the beginning of the thread

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Kaep can be a really good QB.

Steve Young say behind Montana for years and learned, and then still sucked at times before becoming a HoF'er. Even Montana, after the 1981 season, had an abysmal year in 1982 (3-6).

Kaep's first year starting he went to the Super Bowl, his second year he went to the NFC Championship game. And he is still learning the position. He has done very well, although with much room to grow, which goes without saying until he completes 100% of his passes.

He is so talented with the run, and has a rifle arm, I am not sure the Niners have designed an offense to take full advantage of his skills. The absolute lack of slants and screens and deep throws just baffles me this year.

Kaep is still learning the game, the Niners are still learning about Kaep, and we are boo-hooing about losing a Super Bowl and an NFC title game in a VERY hostile environment to a very talented and motivated team, who barely beat the Niners in spite of two brutal unjuries (Bowman and Iupati), several turnovers, and at least six bad calls by the zebras?

Come on, fellas, time to change the diapers and wear big boy pants. We will be fine.