• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Anyone Still Opposed To Drafting A Qb

dubabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex led this team to being a few plays from the Superbowl yet most of the credit was credited to the team around Alex, as Alex for the most part was viewed as just happened to be there. The San Francisco 49ers are the most talented team in the National Football League in terms of talent and while Colin is talented I don't think at this stage he could have led any other team in the NFL to this stage. I don't knock his talent at this stage but after last night I severely question his ability to perform under pressure. Had this been Tony Romo it would have been an epic day for bashing and jokes across the country. Elite players make elite plays in elite situations and I'm not sure that Colin is that guy who can do that for this team

I never said he's a elite, but according to my standards there's only 4 elite QB's on a 32 team league. Do your math and you'll see that finding a better alternative than Kaep is gonna be tough.

This was his first complete year as a starter, at least give him another chance (Romo has had many chances)and last I checked he has never been to a superbowl or a conference final.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say if Mettenberger is there in the second round I would snatch him up in a hurry. Connor Shaw in the 4th or 5th.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he's a elite, but according to my standards there's only 4 elite QB's on a 32 team league. Do your math and you'll see that finding a better alternative than Kaep is gonna be tough.

This was his first complete year as a starter, at least give him another chance (Romo has had many chances)and last I checked he has never been to a superbowl or a conference final.

The excuses begin to mount for this kid just as they did for Alex. Put Colin on an average playoff team and he's not in a position to choke he's gone first round. Put him on an average NFL team and they are not in the playoffs. I don't care to hear about the "first full season as a starter"and the rest of it, been down that road with Smith. When you are surrounded with this much talent and invent ways to lose ball games that's an issue, especially when the issue is concerning the basic mechanics that are attached to playing the Quarterback position in the National Football League.

I didn't need 7 years to know that I was tired of Alex, as I don't need another full season of Colin to know we have problems if he doesn't make TREMENDOUS strides this season. Will he? Honestly I say no, when guys piled on him last year for being a "1-read and run" the masses said "wait until he's had a full season in camp as the starter (me)" "wait until his first full season is complete" Well all of the latter ended in regression, regression on the basic mechanics needed to play Quarterback in the National Football League. If he left this season with the same problems in which he entered with, what the hell did he do all season?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex led this team to being a few plays from the Superbowl yet most of the credit was credited to the team around Alex, as Alex for the most part was viewed as just happened to be there. The San Francisco 49ers are the most talented team in the National Football League in terms of talent and while Colin is talented I don't think at this stage he could have led any other team in the NFL to this stage. I don't knock his talent at this stage but after last night I severely question his ability to perform under pressure. Had this been Tony Romo it would have been an epic day for bashing and jokes across the country. Elite players make elite plays in elite situations and I'm not sure that Colin is that guy who can do that for this team

Alex Smith ceiling is capped, Kap can be amazing, Alex Smith is not fast and has no arm, Kap has a cannon and may be the fastest QB in the league, sorry Alex Smith is not on the same level

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. He basically learned nothing from last year.

Losing the Super bowl and losing it how we did, I thought it wouldve been a great learning experience. Kap regressed this year and then ended up making the exact same mistakes. He didn't learn a damn thing and I have no reason to believe he will in the future.

Haha are you serious or just that fucking dumb? This guy had a WR core of Boldin and who this year?? Williams was cut, MM didnt see the field and Patton was hurt and Crabtree came back at the end of the year and when he did CK had like a 10-1 Td/INT ratio. He is 26 years old and only his 2nd year as a starter and he is so damn talented, give me a break, sorry but alex smith had a squirt gun for an arm and couldnt make half the plays that CK can make, fact

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind the Niners drafting a QB to groom as a backup to Kap who might eventually start if Kap does not improve on his footwork, pocket presence, and progressions. Niners need to be proactive. It is paramount that Kap shows the desire to improve and learn from his mistakes.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith ceiling is capped, Kap can be amazing, Alex Smith is not fast and has no arm, Kap has a cannon and may be the fastest QB in the league, sorry Alex Smith is not on the same level

Kaepernick is better for us than Smith was or would be. He is stronger, faster, and will work as hard as Alex would. But I feel Smith's ceiling could be this next year, at least when it comes to production from him (later others may help improve the numbers but same quarterback).

Why do I say this? No, it's not because I think Alex is the greatest. I feel that Alex never played with pass happy offensive minded coach before and this year had some growing pains. But he improved in the second half of the year. He finally played like a competent quarterback when he had an offensive minded coach in Harbaugh. Now he has one who likes to pass and will use that more. His efficiency maybe less that was with Harbaugh, but he won't be used as a game manager as much. I do feel that he will improve from last year in the system and the system will have more production from him.

As far as strength and speed, of course, he's hit his ceiling. As far as intelligence, he's always been intelligent. As far as being mentally tough or clutch, he's shown that throughout his career in both ways. He is also failed in the clutch, so it take a good run from him and his team. So there's no changing there. But as far as his role in the offense, that's increasing, and how he does in that offense, that's increasing.

Quarterbacks after nine years don't change that much in who they are, but as far as production goes he can increase that. He will take more deep attempts and make tighter window throws this next year. Reid is getting to him; Harbaugh never tried in that matter. He just tried to win with how he thought he could. Harbaugh opened up the offense a little bit for him in 2012, but they remained conservative. Heck, even with Kaepernick he remained conservative. With Reid, there will be an emphasis on pushing the ball down the field. Smith won't become Flacco in arm strength, but I feel he will improve in that matter. You may disagree, that's fine. As far as success, that thing is variable. He has and could achieve that again.

Last edited by a moderator:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

:agree:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haha are you serious or just that fucking dumb? This guy had a WR core of Boldin and who this year?? Williams was cut, MM didnt see the field and Patton was hurt and Crabtree came back at the end of the year and when he did CK had like a 10-1 Td/INT ratio. He is 26 years old and only his 2nd year as a starter and he is so damn talented, give me a break, sorry but alex smith had a squirt gun for an arm and couldnt make half the plays that CK can make, fact

Oh, you're right. Why should Kaepernick learn from his mistakes? Why should I have expected Kaepernick to progress mentally from last year? Why should I expect him to go through his progressions? Why should I have expected Kaepernick to not force it into Crabtree again like he did in the superbowl? Yup, he only had Boldin. He didn't have Vernon Davis, a top TE, or 2nd rd pick TE in McDonald. There are no other players on offense.

Kaepernick did not show any improvement from last year and probably regressed in a few areas.

You're too fucking stupid to realize it and comprehend the subject matter.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just needs time. I believe that with this coaching staff and his hard work, he will become better. I think that we had too high of expectations. I said that last year, that people can't expect smooth sailing. Even the greatest quarterbacks don't win every year and Kaepernick is young.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel last year Kaepernick played with house money, that if he succeeded he had the job and if he failed, he'd be back to where he started from but no worse. I feel he played loose and made plays. The coaches were scrambling and trying to see what they had. This year, I feel that everyone started to think about it more and that might've had some type of effect. They became more conservative and some might feel this is more scared.

I don't like playing Kaepernick as a game manager. He's not one and I would never call anyone that. He has more skills than that. But he was being used like that. I want him to try or die trying. Play loose and let him grow. But this is what happens when you have a window (I know some people don't believe in this if you can draft well).

Kaepernick has benefited and has been at a disadvantage from being with a strong team. Being with a strong team, he's had more success than he would otherwise. That helps his image and his contract status and who doesn't like to win? Being with a strong team forces him to have to be where we want him to be right now. If he were with the 2005 Niners, he would have time to grow.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parallel: Everyone knows that I watch the Chiefs - when they started out 9-0, people were bitching about the offense. I was saying that it was good to have your growing pains while you're winning as long as you still recognize your flaws. Don't get too high or think that your shit doesn't smell. Improve where you can and stick with what's working. What works fluctuates and you have to adjust.

This is the same thing for Kaepernick. He's having his going pains while he's winning. He needs to recognize his weaknesses and work on them. He needs to understand his strengths and use them. He needs to know that the league fluctuates, so he has to constantly adjust his game, as what's working won't always work. Running will always be a great tool. Running won't always save you. But if he got started with the idea that running won't save him, what would have happened in the 2012 Green Bay game? (This isn't totally accurate as some of the plays were designed, not scrambling due to pressure.) Football is constantly evolving, within weeks, when you have teams game planning.