• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is anyone legitimately worried about what Muschamp is doing in Columbia?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, this is the truth. He's about as good as we can hope to get down in Columbia.

Need to go start another 3 Baylor threads now

I think y’all could be legit. There’s definitely enough support for the program and the atmosphere is good enough to recruit. But, I feel like y’all should’ve gone after a younger coach without experience. There are plenty of coaches that can do more with less, but they don’t seem to want to go that route. The new OC at Kansas is going to make some team very happy one day

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the fact that the reason he snuck out of town midseason and why the Capons have been a shit-show ever since is because Spurrier DIDN'T put in the work recruiting the last four years or so.
He never has.. As a coach he is to be respected.. but he's definitely an asshole.. I've met him on many many occasions he doesn't recruit because he'd rather play golf.. his EGO is larger than real life and he's of an era where his name as a coach was good enough to recruit with out actually recruiting.. trust me at Florida he and Foley had a huge disagreement about just that and I believe that's why he left UF..

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think y’all could be legit. There’s definitely enough support for the program and the atmosphere is good enough to recruit. But, I feel like y’all should’ve gone after a younger coach without experience. There are plenty of coaches that can do more with less, but they don’t seem to want to go that route. The new OC at Kansas is going to make some team very happy one day
Only way Scar gets better Is poaching talent from FL and Ga.. on in state talent alone they will never compete for an SEC championship

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a coaching graveyard.

Nobody ever coaches there and then goes on to have success at another school. They either fade into FCS obscurity, return to coordinating, or they get completely out of football. It is literally a death sentence for a coach's career.

Yes, the support is awesome, and the in-state talent is incredible...but it's shared with Clemson and several other SEC teams. If we were the only P5 program in the state, things might have been different.

Spurrier (RIP) did unthinkable things in this program, so it's no longer impossible...but the overwhelming majority of the history of this program is mediocrity-to-failure.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never has.. As a coach he is to be respected.. but he's definitely an asshole.. I've met him on many many occasions he doesn't recruit because he'd rather play golf.. his EGO is larger than real life and he's of an era where his name as a coach was good enough to recruit with out actually recruiting.. trust me at Florida he and Foley had a huge disagreement about just that and I believe that's why he left UF..
i dont put much weight in this theory...the final nail i believe was foley wanted him to apologize for some comments about fsu and put that on top of the fact he believed he was the reason for the gators success not spurrier

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way Scar gets better Is poaching talent from FL and Ga.. on in state talent alone they will never compete for an SEC championship

Yeah, most teams have to get talent from GA and FL and South Carolina will never just field a team of SC players. But, they can compete with UGA and Florida without recruiting at their levels.

With Muschamp they’re never going to compete for SEC championships with lesser talent.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont put much weight in this theory...the final nail i believe was foley wanted him to apologize for some comments about fsu and put that on top of the fact he believed he was the reason for the gators success not spurrier
I only know what I heard from some of the Bull Gators grumbling about him not recruiting hard enough losing some good recruits to not only FSU and Miami but Ga/au/bama because he wouldn't personally go visit dinner of them

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the fact that the reason he snuck out of town midseason and why the Capons have been a shit-show ever since is because Spurrier DIDN'T put in the work recruiting the last four years or so.

Are we still buying the story that Spurrier willingly walked away? I have always assumed he was given the chance to walk away before being fired. And i think South Carolina was prepared to fire him mid season.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still buying the story that Spurrier willingly walked away? I have always assumed he was given the chance to walk away before being fired. And i think South Carolina was prepared to fire him mid season.

Spurrier didn't want to coach after 2014. UofSC AD Ray Tanner convinced him to come back for one last season. When the wheels started falling off during the 2015 season Spurrier bailed.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if him staying there gets me more funny madface gifs then lets do it
giphy.gif

muschhaaaamp.0.gif

muschampragin.0.gif

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When he first arrived in Columbia Spurrier was able to turn recruiting in Columbia around, getting talent that never would have looked at them under previous coaches. A ton of that was his assistants, but in reality assistant coaches do the overwhelming amount of recruiting work anyway. There was some attrition in the assistant coaching ranks in IMO they downgraded in recruiting with every replacement, especially Shane Beamer, Jay Graham and Brad Lawing.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. Does it involve children, hookers, or a combination of the two?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking love Muschamp. They should sign him to a long term deal. 10 years or so would be a nice start.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
App State is for real.