• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Irvin

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok people here is some info i think MANY of you need.

Free agents next your that i believe the Hawks will not sign.

Mebane $5.7 mill
Okung ( might think he is worth more than he is ) $7.2 mill
Rubin $2.6 mill
Morgan $1 mill

there is a bunch of others at $700,000 or less but i will ignore those for now. Will Lynch be back? Maybe but i think he calls it a career after this season that will free up another $11+ mill ( 2016 cap hit ). With the Growth of Clark i can see Bennett being replaced because he is a "i want more money" type issue that also says " This guy that guy him and him are worth more money" this causes issues in the locker room agree or not you know it does. That's $8 mill

The Cap will raise about 8 to 14 mill next season, the Hawks will have a lot of cap room, my guess is around $30+ million when all is said and done next year. The Front Office was pretty smart in how they set up these Salaries.

Bruce Irvin is a solid piece of this Defense and they have played much better when he is in the line-up. Like i said a few weeks ago we need Irvin back at 100%( when he was hurt ). He is worth Wright type money.

I agree with Mebane and Marshawn (sadly. I hope he retires, finishing on a high note. Maybe coming back for the playoffs and winning another ring?) but I'd like to negotiate with Okung to keep him around for continuity, and Rubin has been great for us this year. He's basically replaced Mebane as our big run stopper who can stay healthy. I've also had the thought in my head lately that Bennett might be gone soon. As much as I like the guy, the constant money whining gets old really fast. Plus Avril has been as good if not better, and Frank Clark may just be the guy to step in and take Bennett's place.

As far as Irvin goes, I'd love to keep him, but I have a feeling he's gonna get his ass seriously paid somewhere and I think Pete and John are gonna stand firm and not overpay him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though okung is just a good LT and probably not worth a huge contract, i think we have to keep him just for continuity. If our OL finishes the year strong, it would be important to keep all 5 OL together. When was the last time we carried all 5 OL starters over from the previous year?

I agree. Don't want to have to go thru the same pain on the OL next year. Much rather have the OL intact and start off the season strong.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems folks want to move on Bennett because he wants more money. While Clark looks like he may be good, I much rather have Avril, Bennett and Clark all back. You don't find good pass rusher easily, so don't be so quick to move on from one.
As for Irvin, nice LB, be nice to get him back, but you know someone will over pay for him and LBs are so much easier to replace then pass rushers .
I think Lynch retires which may be for the best for him and the Seahawks.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a lot of football to be played. Who knows who may prove themselves over the rest of the season, either as retainable pieces or not. For the life of me, I don't understand the obsession with the offseason during the regular season.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a lot of football to be played. Who knows who may prove themselves over the rest of the season, either as retainable pieces or not. For the life of me, I don't understand the obsession with the offseason during the regular season.
Sonny, I don't think we are obsessing. Just some convo between games. Hell, there is only so much we can think of to talk about mid week.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems folks want to move on Bennett because he wants more money. While Clark looks like he may be good, I much rather have Avril, Bennett and Clark all back. You don't find good pass rusher easily, so don't be so quick to move on from one.
As for Irvin, nice LB, be nice to get him back, but you know someone will over pay for him and LBs are so much easier to replace then pass rushers .
I think Lynch retires which may be for the best for him and the Seahawks.

You keep Bennett cause he's a beast. Plus his wife won't let him hold out.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep Bennett cause he's a beast. Plus his wife won't let him hold out.
I loved the quote MB said about Kam's holdout...his wife won't let him. That was some good stuff.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the quote MB said about Kam's holdout...his wife won't let him. That was some good stuff.

As long as MB keeps playing at a high level, he'll get another contract.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as MB keeps playing at a high level, he'll get another contract.
My question will be if Kam and MB throw a fit this off season because both are under contract through 2017 and we all know how much JS likes to redo contracts 2 years before expiration.
Kam's contract calls for him to get a raise of about $1.2M in 2016 and another increase of $1.6M above that for 2017. He might just deal with that.
However, Bennett's contract for 2016 calls for a drop of $2M in base salary but he gets a $1M roster bonus for a net drop of $1M from 2015 income. He won't be happy. For 2017 his base salary increases $2M plus a $1.5M roster bonus if he makes the team. Be sure to grab your popcorn and watch how this turns out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question will be if Kam and MB throw a fit this off season because both are under contract through 2017 and we all know how much JS likes to redo contracts 2 years before expiration.
Kam's contract calls for him to get a raise of about $1.2M in 2016 and another increase of $1.6M above that for 2017. He might just deal with that.
However, Bennett's contract for 2016 calls for a drop of $2M in base salary but he gets a $1M roster bonus for a net drop of $1M from 2015 income. He won't be happy. For 2017 his base salary increases $2M plus a $1.5M roster bonus if he makes the team. Be sure to grab your popcorn and watch how this turns out.

If MB doesn't cause any distractions during the offseason, I think his contract gets redone long term. I don't see Kam's contract being redone like you have pointed out with the raises each year, but I've been wrong before.