• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Irvin

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We REALLY need to resign this guy. He has been lights out this season. If we let him walk I'm a little scared how our D changes.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.... let's release Graham and give another $6M of that released salary to Irvin and save $3M on top of it.

Cut Lynch, save $6M there, extend Rawls and sign some free agent D-Line, draft heavy O/D-Line and TE.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they release Graham ... But Lynch they will release... He's hitting that age where running backs, especially physical ones like him start slowing down... Rawls is our guy going forward... Lynch will be in the Seahawks ring of honor...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they release Graham ... But Lynch they will release... He's hitting that age where running backs, especially physical ones like him start slowing down... Rawls is our guy going forward... Lynch will be in the Seahawks ring of honor...

Why not? There is questions whether the guy will even recover and we take zero cap hit and save $9M next year if we release him. $9M? We can extend Irvin, Chancellor AND sign a decent free agent with that cash. Better to have 3 proven players than a potential injured recovery player. Graham is a wep for sure, but at this point we don't even know if he'll recover.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? There is questions whether the guy will even recover and we take zero cap hit and save $9M next year if we release him. $9M? We can extend Irvin, Chancellor AND sign a decent free agent with that cash. Better to have 3 proven players than a potential injured recovery player. Graham is a wep for sure, but at this point we don't even know if he'll recover.

He's such a unique talent.. There gonna roll with him I would put money on it... It's always good having a dominant TE ... I don't think his injury is career threatening, he's gonna be back ... I would be highly surprised if they let him go....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's such a unique talent.. There gonna roll with him I would put money on it... It's always good having a dominant TE ... I don't think his injury is career threatening, he's gonna be back ... I would be highly surprised if they let him go....

Fair points boogie, but I think it's the wrong move. I'd rather have a happy Irvin/Bennett and free agent DL than a POTENTIAL healthy Graham.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Free agency rarely seems to work. I'm hesitant to call any free agent a proven player. Unless his name was JJ Watt or something along those lines,

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency rarely seems to work. I'm hesitant to call any free agent a proven player. Unless his name was JJ Watt or something along those lines,

Avril? Bennett?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avril? Bennett?

Who? Jk

You're right, the Hawks have made it work on the d line before. But I just don't like paying outside guys, especially at this stage of team building. Just keep drafting well and developing your own players. Like Irvin, he won't be cheap, but I hope they keep him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be in the minority and say I'm not as concerned to see Irvin walk. His value primarily comes in his versatility, which I'm not concerned about replacing. He is valuable because he can line up at DE and rush the passer, but the Seahawks already have two other guys they can rotate in and out at DE in Frank Clark and Cassius Marsh. Irvin is solid as a 4-3 OLB, but nothing spectacular. I do believe that whatever contract Bruce Irvin ends up signing will pay him more than he is worth.

I wouldn't cut Graham. He was on pace for close to 900 yards prior to going down, which is still very good for a TE. You would've been lying to yourself if you thought that Jimmy Graham was going to put up the numbers he did in New Orleans in a Seattle offense that passes probably 25% less than the Saints. Roughly 900 yards would've actually considerably exceeded my expectation for him in our offense.

Lynch is as good as gone. Mebane we will likely let walk as he has regressed considerably since his injury, saving another $5m or so I believe. Will be interesting to see what they do with Okung as he has been ehhh at best and is underperforming his contract and expectations.

I wouldn't extend Rawls yet. Let him play out his rookie contract. The nice thing about finding a guy like Rawls is you don't have to tie up more than around $500,000 a year in cap space for them.

Reactions: BHF

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I'd prefer to retain Irvin, but I think the money could be spent at other areas. I see Irvin as replaceable. Seahawks are honestly better off going with a more traditional 4-3 OLB IMO, they can replicate Irvin's pass rushing ability at DE through Clark and Marsh.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls can't be extended until after his 3rd year.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... there are questions as to whether Graham can even recover from his injury? Who is asking those questions? Pete Carroll certainly isn't asking them. In fact, he seems pretty adamant that Graham's surgery went very well and that he'll recover just fine. Obviously that's impossible to know for sure so early in the recovery process with any surgery, but if that's the "question" about his ability to recover, I'd say it's a pretty standard one asked about any player coming off of surgery.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls can't be extended until after his 3rd year.

I know that rule applies to guys taken in the draft, but Rawls was not drafted. He was just a free agent basically. Does the rule still apply if you weren't drafted? For example if Seattle were to grab a CFL player like they did with Browner could that player (in theory) ask for more money and not be bound by the rookie maximums?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undrafted free agents can have their contracts extended after two seasons. This link also gives some other details on undrafted free agent contracts and salaries. It's the best link I could find.

What Can La'El Collins Earn as an Undrafted Free Agent - Over the Cap

That's actually a pretty informative link. Thanks.

Basically an undrafted rookie is still bound by the rookie maximums. It also affects how much of a signing bonus they can receive, maxing out at only $88k.

Here is the main part that would apply to Rawls:
Every undrafted rookie is locked into signing a three year contract. The three year contract will contain the minimum Paragraph 5 salary in each year, which will equal payouts of $435,000 in 2015, $525,000 in 2016, and $615,000 in 2017. These are the same numbers as rookies drafted after the 3rd round and many of the players drafted in the third round

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not cutting Graham unless he cannot recover from the injury, which we probably won't know until camp. He was our leading receiver before getting hurt, and from all reports I've seen he fit in with the team and is very well liked. Maybe the overall production wasn't as big as what we hoped for, but it's pretty clear after these last 3 games that earlier in the season our poor OL play derailed the whole offense if not the entire team.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to keep Bruce as well, but I have a feeling he's going to want more than the FO is willing to give him. Also, let's not forget about Kam. He wants more cash too.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok people here is some info i think MANY of you need.

Free agents next your that i believe the Hawks will not sign.

Mebane $5.7 mill
Okung ( might think he is worth more than he is ) $7.2 mill
Rubin $2.6 mill
Morgan $1 mill

there is a bunch of others at $700,000 or less but i will ignore those for now. Will Lynch be back? Maybe but i think he calls it a career after this season that will free up another $11+ mill ( 2016 cap hit ). With the Growth of Clark i can see Bennett being replaced because he is a "i want more money" type issue that also says " This guy that guy him and him are worth more money" this causes issues in the locker room agree or not you know it does. That's $8 mill

The Cap will raise about 8 to 14 mill next season, the Hawks will have a lot of cap room, my guess is around $30+ million when all is said and done next year. The Front Office was pretty smart in how they set up these Salaries.

Bruce Irvin is a solid piece of this Defense and they have played much better when he is in the line-up. Like i said a few weeks ago we need Irvin back at 100%( when he was hurt ). He is worth Wright type money.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though okung is just a good LT and probably not worth a huge contract, i think we have to keep him just for continuity. If our OL finishes the year strong, it would be important to keep all 5 OL together. When was the last time we carried all 5 OL starters over from the previous year?