• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Irvin gone 4 games, PEDs

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Adam Sheffler (sp?) twitter.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter 46s

Seattle's former 1st-round pick Bruce Irvin has suspended without pay for violating NFL policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USChawks

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks so much. It's a good thing we loaded up on pass rushers/defensive linemen in the offseason, but having him for a full 16 would have been even better. Hopefully he'll get it reduced when he appeals it, but it depends on the circumstances I guess. This really sucks.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he won't appeal it, according to sources.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Still not a good look for the team considering Sherman got off on a technicality and Browner was suspended for the same thing.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Sherman and Browner debacle he still thought he could get away with it? Dude's not that bright.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good thing indeed. As a Seahawk fan I throw my arms up and say...why..why do you think you can get by with this?
At some point it has got to sink in. Hopefully starting now!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed that it was adderall and he admitted he did it. Also sources are saying there are at least a couple of players on the team with prescriptions for it including a safety. They also said there is a person who's job it is to monitor and educate players for PED's and the team said they are going to make it a more active role. Seriously? If there is a person in charge of that to begin with FIRE THEIR ASS. Jesus this is out of control. like 6 players in the last couple of years accused of the same thing? FIX IT PETE.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucks donkey balls.

I wanted a solid season from Irvin, but now he depletes our depth and makes our first 4 games tougher than they already were. So dumb.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cynical part of me wants to dump this right on Pete Carroll's doorstep and lump this together with his illegal transgressions at USC....until I remember that we are talking about grown ass men playing a game for millions, then it falls right on who it should fall on...the players. Irvin is an idiot for getting popped for Adderall without a prescription...after he watched what his teammates went through last season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calm down people. Ok this is the rumor and listen up you 49er fans trying to take jabs at us underhandedly :)

Irvin has a doctors prescription BUT the NFL has a rule that "their" Doctors not the players doctor must prescribe it. This was the part Irvin failed to follow up on. He said the day they talked about it in Camp last year, having the NFL's OWN Doctor sign off on it because your Doctor doesn't mean diddly to them, he was not in camp yet. It was a mistake caused by many people and Irvin blames himself and is taking full responsibility for it.

See the difference here? He has a prescription for it just not through the NFL but his personal doctor. That was the big no no.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screamin, you really believe that even after both Browner and Sherman get popped, that SEA didn't coral all their players and tell everyone with prescriptions to make sure they had all proper documentation done specifically as the NFL demands it to be? Just like I don't believe Larry Grant and his story of PEDs, I fail to believe that "it was all just a big misunderstanding" with Irvin. It's not jabs at SEA specifically although it is peculiar that three players get popped for the same drug on the same team within 6 months of each other. It's more jabs at the stupidity of athletes that, even when they watch their teammates get caught, still are dumb enough to chance the system.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed that it was adderall and he admitted he did it. Also sources are saying there are at least a couple of players on the team with prescriptions for it including a safety. They also said there is a person who's job it is to monitor and educate players for PED's and the team said they are going to make it a more active role. Seriously? If there is a person in charge of that to begin with FIRE THEIR ASS. Jesus this is out of control. like 6 players in the last couple of years accused of the same thing? FIX IT PETE.

I have a question... are any other teams having a problem with players using adderall? Or is it just the Seahawks?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the circumstances behind it, it simply makes the team on the field worse off and makes it look worse to the public off the field. I think we can still be fine on the field without Irvin (though clearly not as good as we could have been with him) for four games and it's nice to say that it doesn't matter what other people think, but I feel like we've had a few too many instances this offseason where the focus was taken off of the possibilities on the field and put on the possible distractions off of it. The Seahawks have been in the news a lot this offseason and quite a bit of it has been football related and very positive. Unfortunately, the stuff that is gonna stick out is the stuff that is neither football related nor positive. There's been too much of that stuff.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no logical excuse. PED's are nothing to mess around with. I am convinced there are many meetings regarding the rules in the NFL.

This reminds me of when I was in the service. When going to a foreign country, we were briefed more than once on that countrie's customs, beliefs, and what to watch out for. Most of the time it was in regards to women, alcohol, and drugs.
Bruce effed up and it better not cost us a win.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question... are any other teams having a problem with players using adderall? Or is it just the Seahawks?

7 NFL players were accused of taking PED's that were attributed to Adderall last season. There were a few teams with more than one player.

Adderall is NFL's new, trendy PED - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

The problem is the CBA that prohibits the league from every disclosing what substance a player turns up dirty on. So any player who took steroids or example can simply say it was Adderall and that they screwed up their prescription in an effort to deflect the damage of their suspensions. Every player caught now says it's Adderall, but how many are really steroids or narcotics?

The Seahawks have had 6 players accused of taking PED's in the last couple of years. Carroll and his staff need to do something different as whatever they have been doing isn't working. No head coach and be with their players 24/7 and these are grown men, but he sure can set the standard and be willing to stand up and not take this sort of garbage anymore. You take each player 1 by 1 and go over every single piece of the rules and let them each know if you come up dirty I'm trading your ass to kansas city for a water boy to be named later.

To those saying it shouldn't hurt the team that much? :wtf:
Do you realize the Seahawks have two of their toughest games in the first four? Clemens probably won't be back and there is no one able to step in for his role at the level he should be playing it at. Avril and the other players they picked up were supposed to be complimentary and often on the field at the same time as Irvin.

Seattle dodged a HUGE bullet last year when browner sat out 4, but the Seahawks managed to win all of them and Sherman managed to get out of his. Now they have to start their season down a big piece of their defensive front over a very important stretch of games. How much more has to happen before Pete does something about it?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im saying he has a Doc's prescription, what he did not have was a NFL Doctors prescription.

Also like i said he takes full responsibility for it. The other tests ( Browners ) was he was taking something he did not have a prescription for. That was not the case with Irvin, he just did not know his Doctors prescription was worthless as he stated in his report and took full responsibility for it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll buy Irvin's case about Adderall but in general I don't buy the Adderall excuse because of what WizardHawk said in his post earlier.

The player can just say "Adderall" without getting the negative press they would with roids or HGH and on the NFL side you know they really don't have a problem with the players saying it's Adderall either because a bunch of roid and HGH positive tests getting public doesn't reflect well on the league.

Regardless there is 0 excuse for Irvin because he's fully aware that it's a banned substance and if I was in his shoes I'm calling the whoever in the league office or even the union to find out everything I need to do to make sure I don't get suspended for it.