• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Irvin gone 4 games, PEDs

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bad news without a doubt and 49ers and Texans at home are tough games. However playing the 49ers and Falcons on the road are tougher games IMO.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, i believe we are at Houston.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im saying he has a Doc's prescription, what he did not have was a NFL Doctors prescription.

Also like i said he takes full responsibility for it. The other tests ( Browners ) was he was taking something he did not have a prescription for. That was not the case with Irvin, he just did not know his Doctors prescription was worthless as he stated in his report and took full responsibility for it.

I missed the article saying he had a dr's prescription in the first place. Can you share that? I've read his tweet and followed the major news stories on it and what they were saying on the radio about it yesterday, but nowhere can I find mention of that.

I ask, because I'd first want to consider the source before even commenting on Irvin possibly having that as a real defense. Now, even if it is true that he has a real prescription for Adderall from his own personal doctor and was taking it under the condition it still doesn't excuse it because in light of the other guys on the team who have gone down for it he would have been fully made aware of what was required to be in compliance in taking that substance. There is no reasonable way to suggest even being late to camp last year that he could take that and not know exactly what the league wants to be in compliance. Also when he admitted to doing wrong yesterday he didn't bring that up. He simply said he made a big mistake and was taking full responsibility for it.

Again, if there isn't any truth that he really is on Adderall and has a personal doctors prescription for it then there is the very real possibility he was busted for something else including steroids and thus nothing he says can/should be believed.

I cannot defend nor condone a player on our team who gets caught doing something against the league rules. Period. And I put this squarely on the shoulders of the coach who knows there have been issues and as of yet has been unable to stop it. This is the 6th person on his team accused of taking a PED in the last two seasons. Enough is enough.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, i believe we are at Houston.

Your right, but still 49ers and falcons on the road vs 49ers at home and Houston on the road...well two road games against playoff teams has got to be considered harder, don't you think?

Either way I got to agree..this isn't good news and Seahawks have got to put a stop to these violations.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Carolina, San Fran, Jacksonville, @Houston are the 1st 4. I think we should still be able to go 3-1 as long as we dont lay and egg @Carolina. I still feel like we will be are own worst enemy in those road games.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a homer, but this year we win road games IMO. With the additions on offense and defense that have been made, and with Russell having a year of experience and a full camp as undisputed starter, Seahawks should be able to step up their play on the road.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line. inexcusable...

It causes me more than a little frustration as well.

I guess that means a little more time for Kaepernick to throw.

Hopefully the rest of the D can pull in the slack,
hold the dude to task when he gets back AND
have this experience serve as example to any others who try to pull "dog ate my homework".

We got a team with more than a few "problem cases" that other teams don't take, probably for reasons such as we are experiencing right now. I am going to take solace in remembering that with the bad we also get the untold excellence...

Here's to the 'rough diamonds'.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did some more digging today and found it is unlikely Irvin had a private doctor's prescription for Adderall. He has admitted to doing wrong and is taking full responsibility.

Adderall stays in the system for about one week. Unlike some other drugs that can have measurable traces for more than a month, this drug goes away fairly fast. You know every one of them who has been caught knew full well how long it lasts and figured they would get away with it. It's a bit of a game of russian roulette.

The difference between good and great can be quite small and yet the money received in return can be crazy. Of course many players take whatever they can get to give them even a little edge. There was a lot of pressure on Irvin given how high he was in the draft and he knows which games he basically didn't show up.

It's dumb to take any of them given how hard the league is cracking down, but I understand fully why they still do it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's flat out stupid for players to be using the drug. In Irving case didn't he use it in the off season? Perhaps I'm wrong, but that the impression I get. If it was then he didn't take it to get an edge. Of course many feel that those charged are actually using something else and then claiming Adderall because it sounds better.
Anyway everyone involved will have to take their lumps and move on. Hopefully these violations stop NOW.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be behind, as this happened May 5, but I just saw an article about Josh Portis being arrested for DUI. These are the things that don't need to happen when the team is looking at a possible SB run this season.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be behind, as this happened May 5, but I just saw an article about Josh Portis being arrested for DUI. These are the things that don't need to happen when the team is looking at a possible SB run this season.

And reports are that the Seahawks just cut Portis. Nothing says taking control of your locker room like cutting the 7th string QB. :ss:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's flat out stupid for players to be using the drug. In Irving case didn't he use it in the off season? Perhaps I'm wrong, but that the impression I get. If it was then he didn't take it to get an edge. Of course many feel that those charged are actually using something else and then claiming Adderall because it sounds better.
Anyway everyone involved will have to take their lumps and move on. Hopefully these violations stop NOW.

I don't think the date of the testing has been released. We do know it takes a few months from the time of samples taken until a public release and we know Irvin has known for some time this was coming. Do they even give them drug tests in the off season? What would be the point?

To assume it means he didn't take it for performance gain isn't a great idea either. What are the odds he has only ever taken it once in his life and just happened to get a random drug test within a few days of taking it? If it was even Adderall to begin with. As has been said, the league is not allowed to EVER share what exactly was found in a test sample, even if the player flat out lies about what it was so all we will ever have is the word of the player. Are you going to believe a player who is dirty on a test to begin with? That's not a great idea. So either it was something that stays in the system longer or it was something he has most likely done many times and just happened to get caught.

The suspension will be bad because Seattle has a few very tough games and now we go from what looked like a very stocked cupboard to real concern when Avril has issues, Clemens is out, Irvin is gone for 4 games, and a couple of other guys are banged up. A team pushing for the SB doesn't need these sorts of issues.

Worse, he is only one misstep away from half a season off. What if a test is mishandled or is only borderline in the future? Do they assume given he is a repeat offender he is guilty and suspend him for 8 games? Seattle has 5 guys in this boat now that have to be perfect or they are gone for a very long time.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And reports are that the Seahawks just cut Portis. Nothing says taking control of your locker room like cutting the 7th string QB. :ss:

Why in the world would you say this move was made to take control of the locker room? Portis was a player that most likely would not have made the roster, and now he screwed up. So he's gone, most fans and players won't even notice.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would you say this move was made to take control of the locker room? Portis was a player that most likely would not have made the roster, and now he screwed up. So he's gone, most fans and players won't even notice.

It was a joke Harold. I don't think this was locker room control, it was the timing of it that made it an interesting move though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HaaHa you had me worried there for a bit!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word if the NFL is going to fine the Seahawks or not?

"There are financial consequences for a team that has multiple players suspended in a season under those policies," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said regarding the rule.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word if the NFL is going to fine the Seahawks or not?

Probably. I read something earlier today that said the Seahawks have lost a decent amount of money in team fines due to player suspensions.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. I read something earlier today that said the Seahawks have lost a decent amount of money in team fines due to player suspensions.

Yeah, I read today that those fines were probably attributed to last year. This suspension begins a new year, so if y'all keep your nose clean (Have my doubts with Cheat Carrol as your HC as I'm also a UCLA Bruins fan) you guys will be fine this year.

Hey, did you all hear about Crabtree? That should be a big equalizer in the Division this year. Hate to hear about such injuries like that (As I'm a Lakers fan) but it is what it is, and part of the business. Nobody cried for my Rams two years ago :lol: so them are the break. I guess that injury may put you all in the drivers seat in the division, for now....

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does divisionally seem so, and yes the injuries are nothing laudable.

A little bit of a buzz-kill though you know? I am at odds in feeling good about the season right now in that the boon came from someone's misfortune...