• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea... WhereTF is NCAA administered Armageddon?

The longer this bullshit goes without serious recourse, the more it seems like (gasp) Butch was telling recruits the truth. So far, nothing has happened to them.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The longer this bullshit goes without serious recourse, the more it seems like (gasp) Butch was telling recruits the truth. So far, nothing has happened to them.
They will get punished after the bowl game and it will not be as bad as it should be since Butch still has not given up his phone records...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They sent in their response to the NCAA in late October. The NCAA held the hearing in November. They should get their punishment in january sometime.

My guess is a 2 year bowl ban and loss of 20-25 scholarships over 3 years. Also, some sort of probation. Getting rid of Butch will help them some.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sent in their response to the NCAA in late October. The NCAA held the hearing in November. They should get their punishment in january sometime.

My guess is a 2 year bowl ban and loss of 20-25 scholarships over 3 years. Also, some sort of probation. Getting rid of Butch will help them some.

Yikes 46..6-8 schollies per year?? That seems a bit harsh (at least by NCAA standards in recent years). I hope they get the book thrown at them. That many schollies and a bowl ban, coupled with a low-profile coach...over the course of 2 or 3 years would set that program back by 5 years minimum IMO..
Bring it on..

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is a fucking moron... I can't wait to watch the patsies in blue become the whipping boys for Duke football...

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... Given what OSU got and given that they fully cooperated... What are UNCheat and Miami going to get?

8D

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am asking around. They keep shooting themselves in the foot. Look at the latest Dwight Jones stuff. They did cooperate more with the NCAA than OSU, supposedly. We will know in the next month.

BtW we will be in town from te 22nd-27th. let's all get together.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am asking around. They keep shooting themselves in the foot. Look at the latest Dwight Jones stuff. They did cooperate more with the NCAA than OSU, supposedly. We will know in the next month.

BtW we will be in town from te 22nd-27th. let's all get together.

Your timing.

Sucks. I'm leaving for upstate Thursday and don't get back till the 3rd.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From SI...

North Carolina: If any program's fans should be shaking after Tuesday's ruling, it's the Tar Heels'. UNC went before the committee in October, and its verdict is expected shortly. When its Notice of Allegations came out this summer, fans hung their hopes for a lenient sentence on the following facts: 1) It avoided the dreaded Lack of Institutional Control charge, receiving Failure to Monitor instead; and 2) The school was proactive, suspending players itself as soon as allegations of misconduct arose prior to the 2010 season.

Well, Ohio State was also charged with Failure to Monitor. It self-reported every violation in Tuesday's report, preemptively fired Tressel, disassociated Pryor and DiGeronimo and self-imposed several penalties -- and still it got hit with a bowl ban. North Carolina should expect even worse, considering its case is wider in scope and involves two of the NCAA's biggest no-nos -- academic fraud and agent violations. I'd expect a two-year bowl ban and at least one docked scholarship for every player that received impermissible benefits or improper academic help.

Read more: Ohio State could set the precedent for future NCAA rulings - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like the article mentions, and I have been saying since the summer before last, the breadth of the UNC stuff is unprecedented. It includes pay for play, recruiting violations and systematic, high end academic fraud (a department head was fucking fired over it). I expect a large hammer to fall on them. The should lose postseason play for 4-5 years (likely only 2) and should lose as many, if not much more scholarships than USC lost. They should go dark for a year for keeping Davis and Blake on for as long as they did but the NCAA will not go there. As far as violations go, UNC is significantly worse than even Miami. The things the UNC guys were doing can get you expelled from school whereas the stuff the Miami guys were doing, while flashy, was not illegal (minus the prostitute thing) and would get you in no trouble with the school.

Miami will get hit hard because they are repeat offenders, but in the eyes of the NCAA what UNC did was far far worse.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what an idiot...i'm with you evan..just for being a complete and total dumbshit they should make him sit out

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are appealing to the NCAA, I hope he remains ineligible for being an idiot..

If UNC has any brains they will keep their mouths shut and except his suspension. Appealing will only piss off the NCAA and possibly worsen their punishment. Besides, this season is a lost cause for them.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea...

So, you going to his party?

I'll be bringing the 24 girls that get in free; just make sure you don't look too closely under bright lights. I've heard strippers are fugly when you can actually see them...

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be bringing the 24 girls that get in free; just make sure you don't look too closely under bright lights. I've heard strippers are fugly when you can actually see them...

Only on the inside.

But I never look in there.