• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf, i hope he doesnt think thats a good look
eea41872c11bd961.jpg

Is that Mt. Cody's jacket?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... still waiting for the hammer here.

Then we can move on to Miami. Also, wasn't there a rumor about all sorts of no-no's going on with a major SEC program? Possibly one that rhymes with Ramalama?

Yes, and I think people will be underwhelmed with the Miami decision. Then comes Oregon, and then a huge hammer is supposedly going to drop involving Alabama.

So before signing day... depending on the severity of the punishment, do we expect any exodus? They'd have to go outside the ACC, right?

I see their recruiting this season has tapered off considerably.

No, as we did not really lose any recruiting battles to them and are pretty tight. When we finish up we won't have any room for anyone anyway.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and I think people will be underwhelmed with the Miami decision. Then comes Oregon, and then a huge hammer is supposedly going to drop involving Alabama.

:crazy: You've been saying that for months! :wink:

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would they really have to go outside of the ACC?? They haven't officially committed anywhere. They can do whatever they please, correct?

Correct. Nobody has signed anything as of now. If the decision came after signing day and the recruits wanted to get out of the LOI, then there may be an issue. NCAA may allow all recruits to get out, but ACC may not let them sign with another ACC school. I think this is what happened when the USC-w penalties fell.

Still expect penalties to come before this, though. Overall it will have little affect on VT recruiting this year. If it was last year that's a completely different story.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:crazy: You've been saying that for months! :wink:

Saying what????

This shit takes years. The UNC stuff first came to light in like February of 2010 and the decision is still not even down yet. You want instant gratification on this stuff, and that is idiotic. Look at precedence. When I am wrong, I will cop to it, but ask OD how often I am.

Bama stuff (if I were to guess) will start to come out at the beginning of next football season. The 2 years later a decision may happen.

If you don't like the info, don't read it....

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying what????

This shit takes years. The UNC stuff first came to light in like February of 2010 and the decision is still not even down yet. You want instant gratification on this stuff, and that is idiotic. Look at precedence. When I am wrong, I will cop to it, but ask OD how often I am.

Bama stuff (if I were to guess) will start to come out at the beginning of next football season. The 2 years later a decision may happen.

If you don't like the info, don't read it....

:fencing: :rant:

It was a joke...hence the wink. I don't need instant gratification...couldn't care less what happens at 'bama. :-) :yo:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fencing: :rant:

It was a joke...hence the wink. I don't need instant gratification...couldn't care less what happens at 'bama. :-) :yo:

Ha, sorry then. Please accept my apologies. I get a little jumpy with people getting pissy about that stuff, like you have probably seen on the main board. It is not like I am a paid journalist or a compliance officer. We good :D ?

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, sorry then. Please accept my apologies. I get a little jumpy with people getting pissy about that stuff, like you have probably seen on the main board. It is not like I am a paid journalist or a compliance officer. We good :D ?

:boink:

Of course!

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would they really have to go outside of the ACC?? They haven't officially committed anywhere. They can do whatever they please, correct?

I mean the guys who committed last year... all of them... who Butch has assured that there were only going to be "minor" penalties.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the guys who committed last year... all of them... who Butch has assured that there were only going to be "minor" penalties.

None will be coming to VT. Unfortunately they made a mistake and were mislead. If they transfer, they will do so to a lesser team. Programs like VT allow very few transfers simply because we are very selective in the first place.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

None will be coming to VT. Unfortunately they made a mistake and were mislead. If they transfer, they will do so to a lesser team. Programs like VT allow very few transfers simply because we are very selective in the first place.

I know chances are slim but if granted an unconditional release, id love to take a shot @ Holts. I never heard anything about "bad blood" between he and our staff, he has a connection to the team in former teammate Harley and he plays a position of need for us.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know chances are slim but if granted an unconditional release, id love to take a shot @ Holts. I never heard anything about "bad blood" between he and our staff, he has a connection to the team in former teammate Harley and he plays a position of need for us.

He was much much lower on us that a lot of people thought he was. We were like 4th on his list, not second. Landon Turner and Travis Hughes were the only two who really really liked Tech and were just kind of sold something (in some cases their families were sold) that was flat untrue. I really hope the best for all four of the guys who went to UNC, but it is a grim future there, right now. Butch really screwed over some high school kids.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was much much lower on us that a lot of people thought he was. We were like 4th on his list, not second. Landon Turner and Travis Hughes were the only two who really really liked Tech and were just kind of sold something (in some cases their families were sold) that was flat untrue. I really hope the best for all four of the guys who went to UNC, but it is a grim future there, right now. Butch really screwed over some high school kids.

Butch also really helped out a lot high school players....

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Prediction:

3 year post-season ban
20 scohhlys lost over 4 years
5 year probation

...right along the lines of my predictions 2 years ago, when i predicted Butch and Blake would be gone....

DAFUNK!!!!!

I found a couple of those old ESPN threads the other night FWIW. Someone had archived a few of them on some website.