• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DerekRowles Derek Rowles
# BreakingNews -- Butch Davis has been sent a subpoena to turn over his "216" phone records

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Glad the thread got bumped, because i've been meanin to ask something.

Doesnt the NCAA hand down UNC's punishment sometime this month? If so, when?

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch Davis was all over the TV during the UNC-Louisville game watching "his kids" play....

:L

After watching a piece of that UNC/Loserville tilt... I have all the confidence in the world that we will throttle that POS team.

Can't wait.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
October 28

Actually that's just the date of UNC's hearing before the NCAA's infractions committee. The actual punishment isn't supposed to happen until around late January from what I've heard.

Apparently, the interim coach has been telling recruits that UNC's self-imposed penalties are all the school will face. This is from a recent article posted on packpride.

"Before heading home on Sunday afternoon, Rayner met with Withers in his office.

“We talked about pretty much everything,” Rayner said. “I even brought up the NCAA allegations. He pretty much told me what it is. He said the [sanctions] they placed on themselves – they forfeited wins and will lose scholarships – are all they’re going to get.”

Following the conversation, Rayner says he felt much more comfortable about UNC’s situation.

“I don’t feel like they’ll have a bowl ban or anything else,” Rayner said.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They remain incredibly optimistic down there...

You almost have to admire that. I would hope I'd put on a happy face as I saw my balls lowered into a meat grinder, but I doubt I could be that strong... or self-delusional.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Actually that's just the date of UNC's hearing before the NCAA's infractions committee. The actual punishment isn't supposed to happen until around late January from what I've heard.

Apparently, the interim coach has been telling recruits that UNC's self-imposed penalties are all the school will face. This is from a recent article posted on packpride.

"Before heading home on Sunday afternoon, Rayner met with Withers in his office.

“We talked about pretty much everything,” Rayner said. “I even brought up the NCAA allegations. He pretty much told me what it is. He said the [sanctions] they placed on themselves – they forfeited wins and will lose scholarships – are all they’re going to get.”

Following the conversation, Rayner says he felt much more comfortable about UNC’s situation.

“I don’t feel like they’ll have a bowl ban or anything else,” Rayner said.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard where UNC senior LB Ebele Okakpu has been dismissed from the team for "conduct detrimental to the team". He was a starter all season.

:cheer2::tea::pound::whoo:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard where UNC senior LB Ebele Okakpu has been dismissed from the team for "conduct detrimental to the team". He was a starter all season.

Does that mean he refused to cheat? :drum:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any news to report on this?????

SI has a huge article with John Blake breaking his silence. Of course, he has an excuse for all the charges. The interesting thing is he is planning on testifying tomorrow at the NCAA hearing.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be bumped daily.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, posters on packpride are not happy today. Apparently (and there are tweets from news stations in N.C. to back this up), none other than John Swofford himself is there in Indy today helping represent the Tar Heels. I guess he's begging for mercy and citing their "cooperation" through this investigation.
Mind you, this is the same man that demanded Clemson be punished more by the ACC than what the NCAA had already done back in the 80s.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, posters on packpride are not happy today. Apparently (and there are tweets from news stations in N.C. to back this up), none other than John Swofford himself is there in Indy today helping represent the Tar Heels. I guess he's begging for mercy and citing their "cooperation" through this investigation.
Mind you, this is the same man that demanded Clemson be punished more by the ACC than what the NCAA had already done back in the 80s.

after how he acted towards Clemson, if he is going to show himself to be that big of a hypocrite, and beg for mercy for UNC...the ACC presidents should demand he step down. fucking slime ball