• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, posters on packpride are not happy today. Apparently (and there are tweets from news stations in N.C. to back this up), none other than John Swofford himself is there in Indy today helping represent the Tar Heels. I guess he's begging for mercy and citing their "cooperation" through this investigation.
Mind you, this is the same man that demanded Clemson be punished more by the ACC than what the NCAA had already done back in the 80s.

Would anyone expect any different? It's like the guy at pick-up basketball that always calls weak fouls and then hammers everyone else.

Self-delusion is a hellava drug.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after how he acted towards Clemson, if he is going to show himself to be that big of a hypocrite, and beg for mercy for UNC...the ACC presidents should demand he step down. fucking slime ball

Agreed. I'd particularly like to hear ballboy's thoughts on this. Swofford wasn't at FSU's and GT's recent hearings before the NCAA. What a crooked crock of crap.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see some shirts for the UNC game with this logo:

ha8wX.png

I could never get the 'A' quite right though...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude....rep when i can....strong start to the boards, lol

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
after how he acted towards Clemson, if he is going to show himself to be that big of a hypocrite, and beg for mercy for UNC...the ACC presidents should demand he step down. fucking slime ball

THIS^

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when are we going to hear about the sanctions? #
7x0dp.png

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I'd particularly like to hear ballboy's thoughts on this. Swofford wasn't at FSU's and GT's recent hearings before the NCAA. What a crooked crock of crap.

Trust me, I could go on a week-long rant about Swofford and the fucking Carowhina Tarholes...

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. The arrogance at UNC knows no bounds. Take a look at what UNC interim coach Bubba Gump Withers had to say about N.C. State's academics this week. This despite one of the worst academic fraud scandals known to man at his own school. BTW, Tom O'Brien has since fired his return shots, and Holden Thorpe has since apologized for his soon to be ex-interim coach's comments. LOL

North Carolina interim football coach Everett Withers added some heat to Saturday's game against N.C. State with some verbal jabs at the Wolfpack in a radio interview.

Withers, who has openly embraced the importance of the rivalry to the Tar Heels, questioned the academic environment at N.C. State and the motivation of the Wolfpack in games that aren't against the Tar Heels, in a taped radio segment with Joe Ovies of Raleigh's 99.9 The Fan.

Withers, who assumed the head coaching duties nine days before the season started after former coach Butch Davis was fired in July in the fallout of an academic scandal and an NCAA investigation of the Tar Heels football program, mentioned UNC's graduation rate, compared to N.C. State's during the interview, which aired Wednesday afternoon.

"When you have as many schools in this state as we have, and recruiting base gets watered down a bit, I think the kids in this state need to know the flagship school in this state," Withers said. "They need to know it academically. If you look at our graduation rates, as opposed to our opponent's this week, graduation rates for athletics, for football, you'll see a difference. ... If you look at the educational environment here, I think you'll see a difference."

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is part of Tom O'Brien's response.

"Our academic support people were the first one certified by the national advising board so our people our doing a great job. At our school, number one, all classes have a syllabus. Our guys go to school, they are not given grades, and they graduate."

"It's a little tougher here, if you have to go to school and you are expected to have a syllabus and go to class. Our guys earn everything that they get here. Certainly all of our graduates earn everything that they get at this university."

"I'm just going to coach my football team and I'm not going to coach his but as far as the flagship, here was a guy who was on a football staff that ends up in Indianapolis, that if you take three things that you can't do in college football, you have an agent on your staff, you are paying players and you have academic fraud. That's a triple play as afar as the NCAA goes."

"I don't know what he has anything to talk about or they have anything to talk about. If that's what the people want in their flagship university in North Carolina then so be it."

"They had players accepting money from somebody. Money is being given by someone to somebody, I think that's documented right. I don't know how it got there, maybe I'm wrong saying that. Those are known as far as the NCAA goes."

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got this in my junk mail folder... I think I bought tix to Tech vs. UNC about three years ago through their website... must've not removed my name from their lists... what's with the timing of this? Is Pack Pride all over it already? Here's the email -

Tar Heel Boosters and Fans,

By clicking here, you will be directed to our Department of Athletics' Compliance website, designed specifically for our program's supporters. Included as the first link on this website is the Department of Athletics' 2011-2012 Pocket Guide to NCAA Regulations for Alumni and Friends of Carolina Athletics, which can also be viewed as a pdf by clicking here.

It is our hope that this website and brochure will provide you with a fundamental understanding of NCAA regulations regarding the role of boosters within our athletics program. If, after reviewing the document, you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Compliance staff at 919-962-6000 or [email protected].

Thank you for your continued support of our athletics program. Go Heels!

Sincerely,

Amy Herman
Associate Athletics Director for Compliance

It's like they're passing the buck to their boosters... I don't think I've ever gotten an email like this from Tech, UMD (I buy Tech football, bball tickets through them), UVA (same) or anywhere else.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Withers comments about NC State were WAY out of line. While the University of North Carolina is an outstanding university, North Carolina State is of excellent quality in its own right. Its one thing for some know nothing fan, or even an alumni say that, but for an official representative of UNC to put down NC State academics should not be tolerated.

I was surprised and frankly fired up to see Tom Obrien visibly angry in his response. He had every right to be mad, and he focused and rallied his guys against those comments. He might not be getting State the results their fans want, but there is no denying Obrien really cares about that school and program. That victory must have been so sweet.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting ready for the UNC mascot mock @ the key play...

UNC, North Carolina's Flagship University:

QNB5x.png

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree.

He still knows nothing. However, he was definitely aware of rampant UNCheating.