• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Thoughts On AP

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point here. There is no "magic wand" or "magic formula" obviously when it comes to the draft. Just placing all your eggs in one basket, is truly what is "foolish" here. I just prefer something that has already been proven as being successful, over something that "might be" successful down the road (a rookie RB still has to prove that he can be successful in the pros behind ANY OL).

Will be interesting to see what really happens here however. I have yet to hear or see one report coming from this team about them not being interested in acquiring AP, and until that happens, or he is not put on the trading block, I will continue to speculate. If you don't like it, don't read or respond to my comments here. It's just that simple. No one person owns the internet. I mean for crying out loud, people are still posting about Murray on this message board....talk about meaningless.

Regardless of your thoughts on whether it's smarter to go after AP or not go after him, isn't giving up a valuable draft pick PLUS a huge contract to AP more "placing all your eggs in one basket" than not doing so is?

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of your thoughts on whether it's smarter to go after AP or not go after him, isn't giving up a valuable draft pick PLUS a huge contract to AP more "placing all your eggs in one basket" than not doing so is?

Do you even watch or listen to sports TV programs jarntt? Serious for a moment. Name one well-respected pro football analyst that has even suggested, or implied, that Dallas in trading for AP and giving up a 3rd or 2nd round draft pick, would be some risk for them, or would be placing all their eggs in one basket? Just one legit source/reference please.

There are hammers and nails in this world. Hammers believe in the obvious. Nails believe in miracles and bargains.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even watch or listen to sports TV programs jarntt? Serious for a moment. Name one well-respected pro football analyst that has even suggested, or implied, that Dallas in trading for AP and giving up a 3rd or 2nd round draft pick, would be some risk for them, or would be placing all their eggs in one basket? Just one legit source/reference please.

There are hammers and nails in this world. Hammers believe in the obvious. Nails believe in miracles and bargains.

Interesting. Apparently you don't understand the term "placing all of your eggs in one basket"....

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Apparently you don't understand the term "placing all of your eggs in one basket"....

Hey, they may just end up having to gamble on a 1st or 2nd round rookie RB to be this team's tone-setter heading into this season if the AP thing never materializes (God knows DMac is too unreliable to be taken seriously in that role). But to seriously say here that you ONLY prefer some crap-shoot rookie RB in a later round over AP (probably the greatest RB of our generation), because of a draft pick and/or future cap concerns (when they obviously manipulate the cap all the time with salary restructure auto triggers in contracts if they see an opportunity to put them over the hump), is just plain wishful thinking imo, with no serious foundation in reality. Is it entirely possible for them to find Murray's replacement in this draft? Maybe, but to just sit there and act like it's already a given and this team's ONLY real option, is simply irresponsible and just more of the same fan fantasy dreaming and wishing on a star. Actually, they must leave ALL options open realistically speaking.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, they may just end up having to gamble on a 1st or 2nd round rookie RB to be their tone-setter heading into to this season if the AP thing never materializes (God knows DMac is too unreliable to be taken seriously in that role). But to seriously say here that you ONLY prefer some crap-shoot rookie RB in a later round over AP (probably the greatest RB of our generation), because of a draft pick and/or future cap concerns (when they obviously manipulate the cap all the time with auto triggers in contracts if they see an opportunity to put them over the hump), is just plain wishful thinking imo, with no serious foundation in reality. Is it entirely possible for them to find Murray's replacement in this draft? Maybe, but to sit there and act like it's already a given and their ONLY real option, is simply irresponsible and just more of the same fan fantasy dreaming and wishing on a star.
Even if they draft a Gurley, Gordon, Coleman or whoever, McFadden will still get carries, as will Randle or Williams. They may have one guy with 800, one with 600 and one with 400, but they can still get 1800 out of the running game without Murray. And there's always the possibility that the rookie ends up as good or better than Murray. AP isn't going anywhere

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, they may just end up having to gamble on a 1st or 2nd round rookie RB to be this team's tone-setter heading into this season if the AP thing never materializes (God knows DMac is too unreliable to be taken seriously in that role). But to seriously say here that you ONLY prefer some crap-shoot rookie RB in a later round over AP (probably the greatest RB of our generation), because of a draft pick and/or future cap concerns (when they obviously manipulate the cap all the time with salary restructure auto triggers in contracts if they see an opportunity to put them over the hump), is just plain wishful thinking imo, with no serious foundation in reality. Is it entirely possible for them to find Murray's replacement in this draft? Maybe, but to just sit there and act like it's already a given and this team's ONLY real option, is simply irresponsible and just more of the same fan fantasy dreaming and wishing on a star.

Again, you are making things up. I've said that IMO going after AP would be an incredibly stupid mistake and that I don't think we will do it. I've never said that finding Murray's replacement in the draft is a given or the ONLY real option or even that I thought it was teh best option. Show me where I said any of those things.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they draft a Gurley, Gordon, Coleman or whoever, McFadden will still get carries, as will Randle or Williams. They may have one guy with 800, one with 600 and one with 400, but they can still get 1800 out of the running game without Murray. And there's always the possibility that the rookie ends up as good or better than Murray. AP isn't going anywhere

Did your tea leaves say this? Not trying to be funny here, well, actually I am, but it's not just about "getting 1800 yards again" to replace Murray's production. It's more about having and a dependable and reliable RB to pound the rock to force defenses to respect the run game early in games. Can some unknown rookie do that in this draft? Maybe. Can AP do that? Probably. You also have absolutely no idea whatsoever what will happen now in the AP situation (neither do I)....you are just as clueless as the rest of us, so please present any known facts that you may have here, and not just your beliefs as some legit proof of what may or may not happen in the future. I am hearing that Cards were trying to trade for him but his contract is a roadblock....who really knows if this is true or not though? But if you were paying attention to some recent events concerning AP, it appears that he does want out and this isn't over for him yet. I deal in reality not "what-ifs" and personal fan belief.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did your tea leaves say this? Not trying to be funny here, well, actually I am, but it's not just about "getting 1800 yards again" to replace Murray's production. It's more about having and a dependable and reliable RB to pound the rock to force defenses to respect the run game early in games. Can some unknown rookie do that in this draft? Maybe. Can AP do that? Probably. You also have absolutely no idea whatsoever what will happen now in the AP situation (neither do I)....you are just as clueless as the rest of us, so please present any known facts that you may have here, and not just your beliefs as some legit proof of what may or may not happen in the future. I am hearing that Cards were trying to trade for him but his contract is a roadblock....who really knows if this is true or not though? But if you were paying attention to some recent events concerning AP, it appears that he does want out and this isn't over for him yet. I deal in reality not "what-ifs" and personal fan belief.
WTF are you talking about lol? Why do you have to have this "lead horse" RB? Did the Patriots have that last year? What about AP? How many rings does he have? The team that always kicks the Vikings ass, the Packers, who was there workhorse all those years? They went with a committee, just like the Patriots. Hell, the Patriots were running out Blount, who had been cut by the Steelers lol. And so what if the Cards are willing to trade for a 30 year old 8 figure running back? How many Championships has that braintrust produced?
You're really making yourself look bad dude. It's obvious to everyone but you the Cowboys aren't making that absurd move for AP, nor should they

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about lol? Why do you have to have this "lead horse" RB? Did the Patriots have that last year? What about AP? How many rings does he have? The team that always kicks the Vikings ass, the Packers, who was there workhorse all those years? They went with a committee, just like the Patriots. Hell, the Patriots were running out Blount, who had been cut by the Steelers lol. And so what if the Cards are willing to trade for a 30 year old 8 figure running back? How many Championships has that braintrust produced?
You're really making yourself look bad dude. It's obvious to everyone but you the Cowboys aren't making that absurd move for AP, nor should they

Because you say so? Really, I don't know you from a bag of rocks dude. Your opinions here are no more valid then any other opinion here. You need to get over yourself here Kentucky.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you say so? Really, I don't know you from a bag of rocks dude. Your opinions here are no more valid then any other opinion here. You need to get over yourself here Kentucky.
Neither are yours lol. And when people say absurd things on here, they're gonna get called out. AP to Dallas is as likely as JJ Watt to Dallas. Get a clue dude

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither are yours lol. And when people say absurd things on here, they're gonna get called out. AP to Dallas is as likely as JJ Watt to Dallas. Get a clue dude

Really, is that why numerous reports are out there that Dallas may be an AP destination if he traded or released? Didn't see one report about any possible JJ Watts trade to Dallas? You get emotional much here with total BS assumptions often? Even if it never happens, who are you and any other bozo's opinion here, any more valid?? lol

Like I said, get over yourself dude. You don't matter to me.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, is that why numerous reports are out there that Dallas may be an AP destination if he traded or released? Didn't see one report about any possible JJ Watts trade to Dallas? You get emotional much here with total BS assumptions often? Even if it never happens, who are you and any other bozo's opinion here, any more valid?? lol

Like I said, get over yourself dude. You don't matter to me.
LMAO, whatever Dude, keep that AP candle lit

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be your logic, not any reported by this team. I believe that giving up a 2nd rounder in this year's draft when you might spend it on a crap-shoot RB rookie anyway in this draft, would not hurt this team for all eternity as you and some others here might suggest, lol. Enough with the fan draft pick coddling dramatics and hysterics here already. Especially with the probability of them recouping some of their draft picks in next year's draft (with compensatory picks), they must operate under a two to three year Romo win-now window, and not just in developing rookie draft picks down the road. I also think several teams would be willing to do that as well, (give up a 2nd for AP), the Cards, Bucs, Raiders, come to my immediate mind. When you say "extremely foolish" you are only speaking for yourself here, let's be real....Cards' have already publicly stated that they would give up a high pick also (you know, the two time NFL coach of the year). You don't own an NFL team nor are you a GM for any team in this league. As far as what others here have to say on this matter, I could care less what their opinions are here also...you know what they, opinions are like butt-holes, everyone has one. I have my own thoughts also, and no one has already been proven right about anything concerning AP before it has even happened, so let's all just cut with the bull shit here and finally grow up? I have heard numerous sports personalities say for weeks that they would trade a high draft pick for AP seeing what he could do behind this OL and with Romo and Dez to lighten defensive fronts....this is not just some fantasy talk you know. AP is still widely considered the best RB in football lol. Bryan Broaddus has even thrown that out there on occasion, about having AP in this backfield is worth this team visiting and giving up a high draft pick...and he's a former NFL scout. I'm sure knowing Jerry's psyche (he brought in McFadden because of personal reasons), he has considered the AP option as well versus his only other possible option, of drafting a complete unknown rookie RB to possibly be his lead dog and team tempo setter to replace murray....just because they have drafted better recently, doesn't mean that EVERY single draft pick will strike gold for them again, and is simply it is frankly not the best way to risk your team's season and team identity heading into a season (which could also b considered foolish by some lol). Or even worse, depending on McFadden as your lead dog (he hasn't been able to stay healthy his entire career as a workhorse type back). What are you professional references sir other then posting on a football message board just like the rest of us here?? :noidea:

As far as money goes, you obviously didn't read my previous post here. Who knows what type of money they would be able to get him for?? Certainly not you or I lol. You can't just through out there silly old contract numbers like $12Mil per for AP. Today's market for RBs has changed, and any new deal would obviously have to be reduced and restructured before any trade can happen for a 30 year old RB...heck, the Cards just came out and said that they wouldn't even trade for AP at his current salary (don't really see ANY other team doing that as well). AP knows already I'm sure that he would have to restructure his deal if truly wanted out of Minny, which I believe he does according to AP's and team's recent actions, or lack thereof....as of now.
Read this book you wrote and tell me again who needs to get over himself:L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that's a cap killing move that I would be all for. Heck, most of you guys know my feeling on Kicking the can down the road, but I'd restructure Romo to make that happen!!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's a cap killing move that I would be all for. Heck, most of you guys know my feeling on Kicking the can down the road, but I'd restructure Romo to make that happen!!!
And to think we passed on Watt lol. Still got a stud in TSmith. Cowboys last five #1's have been Martin, Fredrick, TSmith, Claiborne and Dez. For the grief the Cowboys take on their drafts, I'd like to see the team that's done better in that stretch

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think we passed on Watt lol. Still got a stud in TSmith. Cowboys last five #1's have been Martin, Fredrick, TSmith, Claiborne and Dez. For the grief the Cowboys take on their drafts, I'd like to see the team that's done better in that stretch

I'll take Which one of these things is not like the others for 10 points please...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Peter King

• There’s some noise out there that Adrian Peterson could be traded to Arizona. Well, I guess he could, at some point. But the money would be a major problem. I spoke with a reliable Cardinals source Sunday night, and the three years and $45 million left on Peterson’s contract is an absolute non-starter with the Cards. “We haven’t had contact with the Vikings about it, to the best of my knowledge,” the source said. “And there is no way we could live with those numbers. We just got Larry Fitzgerald’s contract under control. No way we’d add that salary.” Two other detrimental factors: Arizona loves the running-back crop in this draft, and the Cardinals, with the 23rd and 55th overall picks, would be able to get a very good one. And Peterson turns 30 on Saturday. Not an optimum age for a back, even one who got so little wear on his tires in 2014.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Peter King

• There’s some noise out there that Adrian Peterson could be traded to Arizona. Well, I guess he could, at some point. But the money would be a major problem. I spoke with a reliable Cardinals source Sunday night, and the three years and $45 million left on Peterson’s contract is an absolute non-starter with the Cards. “We haven’t had contact with the Vikings about it, to the best of my knowledge,” the source said. “And there is no way we could live with those numbers. We just got Larry Fitzgerald’s contract under control. No way we’d add that salary.” Two other detrimental factors: Arizona loves the running-back crop in this draft, and the Cardinals, with the 23rd and 55th overall picks, would be able to get a very good one. And Peterson turns 30 on Saturday. Not an optimum age for a back, even one who got so little wear on his tires in 2014.
Add to that, Peterson isn't willing to take less money in a restructure....he will take a $10-12 million signing bonus and a low first year base to help fit him under the cap, but he isn't agreeing to a pay cut. The guy is gonna kiss and make up with the Vikings. Signing Peterson to a deal that would have dead money into the 4th or 5th year would be the football version of the Albert Pujols contract