• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Thoughts On AP

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N5, perhaps AP ultimately leaves Minnesota, but why spend evey comment on a Cowboy board about it? Let it go already.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yup. Waiting until camp and dragging things out past FA, would only dilute AP's trade value, and teams will just wait for them to cut him. This is not rocket science.

And his own monetary value, he would be labeled a pain in the ass and wouldn't get the contract he's looking for.
IMO, he stays here because he knows they'll honor the contract. But the Vikes will entertain trade offers for sure. But they won't just give him away for nothing, so teams will have to be ready to pony up at least a 2nd rounder for him, but most likely it'll be a 1st.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N5, perhaps AP ultimately leaves Minnesota, but why spend evey comment on a Cowboy board about it? Let it go already.

Maybe because Vegas has AP as the odds on favorite to be traded to Dallas if he doesn't return to the Vikes?? ...or maybe because there is a decent chance that this team may lose Murray to FA leaving a huge void on their roster, especially at a position that determines this team's stated successful identity moving forward? Just because you and others here prefer Murray over AP, doesn't mean that ever-changing conditions in a fluid situation just 3 days before the start of FA can't be discussed here in an AP thread...because you don't like the topic, or even want it being discussed here? Just a thought, but the next time I decide to post something here, I'll clear it with you first ok? :rolleyes2:

Geesh, this is my first few posts here in almost two days. News does change you know.
P.S., and who is N5??

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because Vegas has AP as the odds on favorite to be traded to Dallas if he doesn't return to the Vikes?? ...or maybe because there is a decent chance that this team may lose Murray to FA leaving a huge void on their roster, especially at a position that determines this team's stated successful identity moving forward? Just because you and others here prefer Murray over AP, doesn't mean that ever-changing conditions in a fluid situation 3 days before the start of FA can't be discussed here in an AP thread, because you don't like the topic or want it being discussed here? Just a thought, but the next time I decide to post something here, I'll clear it with you first ok? :rolleyes2:

P.S., and who is N5??

Do you really think AP will come cheaper than Murray? AP's not signing on the cheap. Also if Dallas somehow trades for AP Dallas also trades for his 2015 contract unless AP agrees to lower it. Even if he does lower his deal he will demand years be added to his deal as to not to lose too much of what is due him. Makes no sense giving a 30 year old RB a long term deal. Hell they don't want to give a 27 year old a long term deal. AP in Dallas is a pipe dream. If that dream becomes reality it will soon turn into a nightmare.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his own monetary value, he would be labeled a pain in the ass and wouldn't get the contract he's looking for.
IMO, he stays here because he knows they'll honor the contract. But the Vikes will entertain trade offers for sure. But they won't just give him away for nothing, so teams will have to be ready to pony up at least a 2nd rounder for him, but most likely it'll be a 1st.

See my post above about Zimmer trying to accommodate him if he doesn't want to be there. Why would they all of sudden hold onto to him if he didn't want to be there?...just out of spite over a draft pick??...just further adds to AP's mistrust within that organization wouldn't it? Self-serving and self-defeating hypocritical logic that simply goes nowhere, out of sheer desperation and panic. Not a way to run a team. Get what you can when you can, and then move on. No wonder the Vikes are perennial doormats.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know who you are and knew who you were day 1. It's fine and you were always as welcome to come as much as anyone, but at least be man enough to admit it.

So because Vegas has AP the odds on favorite to be traded to Dallas IF he doesn't return to the Vikings (like that means anything) you can't discuss ANYTHING else? And Don't be a jackass. I didn't say you couldn't discuss it. My point was crystal clear. Like always you are stuck on one topic and ignore the other 10,000 things you could be discussing.

Yes I prefer Murray and still think there is better than a 50% chance he'll be back, but I've never said the is no way he'll leave and yes it's possible AP ends up here. Heck, it's possible Suh ends up here too.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:behindsofa:

I'll guess I have to hide from jarntt from now on.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to hide. I'll tell you the same thing I always did: Don't be a smug ass, don't act like you know everything and don't use your passive aggressive attack style as if your the victim and you'll get along better with EVERYONE, not just me. Welcome back

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm much less confident in Murray returning seeing Lynch's 3 year $31M contract. It's really just a one year $12M contract, but still. This also makes an AP signing even less likely too. Obviously AP thinks he is worth more than Lynch.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for the record....you are so wrong about this N5 stuff
Me & Colors know who this guy is and agendas remain the very worst of all, but hey....good luck

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Fried loved the lakers and the chop chop.
(95% of his posts hammer the AP point)
N5 was a snob but this was not his style.
wfrey?....LOL, all day long

I'll be so glad when AP lands anywhere but Dallas, This clown will have to find another rant....and he will

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for the record....you are so wrong about this N5 stuff
Me & Colors know who this guy is and agendas remain the very worst of all, but hey....good luck

I have no real agenda here, but to see this team succeed. That's just something that you and some of the others here are not smart enough to have figured out yet. My intellect just scares you becomes is not part of your norm here. Stop trying to pat yourselves on the back after my every post here, and just try to mature a little and try reading into it... It' not just your world here on the internet, it's everyone. You give yourselves way too much credit.

Btw, your opinions mean very little to me, yet I insult people here? I just mind my business. People hate what they can't understand.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Fried loved the lakers and the chop chop.
(95% of his posts hammer the AP point)
N5 was a snob but this was not his style.
wfrey?....LOL, all day long

I'll be so glad when AP lands anywhere but Dallas, This clown will have to find another rant....and he will
Who is coach fried? Did I insult you? Will you also cry if Murray lands somewhere else?? Rant? First time I posted on a subject matter in two days here in a thread topic that I created, and it's a rant? Just responding to the attacks from Murray fans and a few other posts here? Stop stalking me please. They say that constant criticisms is the purest form of flattery.

Last edited:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
See my post above about Zimmer trying to accommodate him if he doesn't want to be there. Why would they all of sudden hold onto to him if he didn't want to be there?...just out of spite over a draft pick??...just further adds to AP's mistrust within that organization wouldn't it? Self-serving and self-defeating hypocritical logic that simply goes nowhere, out of sheer desperation and panic. Not a way to run a team. Get what you can when you can, and then move on. No wonder the Vikes are perennial doormats.

Have you ever seen how this all works?
Do you think the Vikes..err, I mean the perennial doormats, will just give him away, because that's what he wants?
Go ahead, reach down, grab a handful of hair and pull your head out of your ass...that isn't the way things work.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no real agenda here, but to see this team succeed. That's just something that you and some of the others here are not smart enough to have figured out yet. My intellect just scares you becomes is not part of your norm here. Stop trying to pat yourselves on the back after my every post here, and just try to mature a little and try reading into it... It' not just your world here on the internet, it's everyone. You give yourselves way too much credit.

Btw, your opinions mean very little to me, yet I insult people here? I just mind my business. People hate what they can't understand.

LOL...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its our ole buddy from the mouse ears Wfrye

No Doubt

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet it all day long and twice on Sunday.

BTW....that intellect part you work so hard at is what gave you away.

remember....football clueless is hard to hide.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think AP will come cheaper than Murray? AP's not signing on the cheap. Also if Dallas somehow trades for AP Dallas also trades for his 2015 contract unless AP agrees to lower it. Even if he does lower his deal he will demand years be added to his deal as to not to lose too much of what is due him. Makes no sense giving a 30 year old RB a long term deal. Hell they don't want to give a 27 year old a long term deal. AP in Dallas is a pipe dream. If that dream becomes reality it will soon turn into a nightmare.
Exactly right. AP won't be looking to give any home town or favorite town discounts after the money he lost last season. And that's if you ponied up the 1st or 2nd round pick it takes to get him. As awesome as AP is, the best in the game today, if the Cowboys decide to give big money to a RB, it will be Murray

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever seen how this all works?
Do you think the Vikes..err, I mean the perennial doormats, will just give him away, because that's what he wants?
Go ahead, reach down, grab a handful of hair and pull your head out of your ass...that isn't the way things work.
I don't think your Vikings will be doormats much longer...

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Dallas use the Old Thunder and lightning running game. If Murray stays which I don't believe he does especially after looking at what Lynch just got....he's the banger who's bringing the Thunder give him 20 carries are Gordon or Curly. Use Dunbar or Spiller /Reggie Bush type running back to bring the lightning with another 12 to 15 carries would be nice. I was looking at an article from Blogging the Boys just now. They're suggesting that the Giants, the Niners and the Colts will all bid for his services. I think the Colts will go after Murray hard. I do like the Ingram idea some of you Suggested I think he is more than serviceable and won't break the bank, but if we sign Ingram I'd would like to still draft a back.