• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Thoughts On AP

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny get a 5th and 7th while giving their 6th Bills

It was basically a salary dump for the Vikes. Cassel was due $4.7Mil in 2015, something they didn't need on their cap with Bridgewater in their future plans. The Vikes swapped their 6th in this draft for their 5th, and "threw in" a meaningless 7th rounder in 2016.

Last edited:

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Adrian Peterson suggests concerns linger after Wednesday meeting"

"In the wake of his four-hour meeting with Vikings coach Mike Zimmer and G.M. Rick Spielman, running back Adrian Peterson has issued a statement that suggests his concerns were not resolved during the get-together.

I appreciate Rick [Spielman] and Coach [Mike] Zimmer coming down to see me today,” Peterson said in a statement issued to Josina Anderson of ESPN. “We had a great dialogue and they were able to understand where I was coming from and concerns my family and I still have. We respect each other and hopefully the situation can pan out so that everyone involved is content.”

I guess that's that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say he plays for Minn, but I wouldn't blame them for cutting his stupid ass. Were they the ones that beat a kid???

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say he plays for Minn, but I wouldn't blame them for cutting his stupid ass. Were they the ones that beat a kid???

:bullshit:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is BS about it?

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is BS about it?

I think he's done in Minny. Hitting your kid with a switch while disciplining him is unforgivable, (something that was done to AP as a child), but ripping your mother's clothes and smacking her around is ok?? Don't see all the same hate for Dez here. :noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like I thought, you had no point whatsoever and went right into criticism mode. If I came back at you, you would have called me out for attacking you. Show me where I or anyone said anything about what Dez did was OK or don't bring up stupid shit like its pertinent.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like I thought, you had no point whatsoever and went right into criticism mode. If I came back at you, you would have called me out for attacking you. Show me where I or anyone said anything about what Dez did was OK or don't bring up stupid shit like its pertinent.

SMH, nevermind....you obviously have no serious rebuttal, just the same rhetoric as some of the others here. Dude you are way too sensitive.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Peterson’s dad thinks Vikings are trying to inflate RB’s trade value.

March 6, 2015

"The Minnesota Vikings have been saying for the past several weeks that they are intent on keeping Adrian Peterson, but the running back’s father believes that may just be rhetoric.

Nelson Peterson, who has been speaking publicly an awful lot lately, told the St. Paul Pioneer Press’ Chris Tomasson that he thinks the Vikings are making those statements to increase the back’s trade value.

“They can increase his worth by saying, ‘Hey, we want him back,’’’ Nelson Peterson told the Pioneer Press. “That’s part of negotiations. Even if you don’t want a player, you’re telling the public, you’re going to tell everybody else that you want him back because therefore you can increase his value in case you try to trade him or whatever. You can get more for him in that way. You never know what’s going to happen now.’’

Nelson Peterson also said his son does have some doubts about the sincerity of the Vikings, though he would never say so publicly.

Peterson’s father said he has spoken several times with his son since Wednesday, when Spielman and Vikings coach Mike Zimmer met with Peterson at his Houston-area home. Peterson has expressed reservations about returning to Minnesota because he believes some in the organization could have done more to get him back on the field last season."

Add to that no comments from the Vike's organization at all about AP's desire to come back, and both sides agreeing to remain silent, I think the writing here is pretty much on the wall.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Murray's Father thinks he will stay or go

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:You're making me laugh today Jarntt. Back to back good ones.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings traded Matt Cassel after meeting with AP, clearing cap space. Sounds like he's staying put.
I still think AP will be playing elsewhere this season.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do as well. Maybe not in Dallas, but somewhere else. I hope Jerry can pull it off, but who knows. Vikes may be delusional when it comes to his real trade value. The BILLS got a younger top tier RB for basically a LB coming off an ACL tear :clap:. I also believe that AP really wants to come to Dallas and would make his salary restructure-cap friendly, and Jerry really wants him here from some of his most recent decisions with Dez and Murray,...but who really knows?

Last edited:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've stated previously. I'm not concerned. If they don't get good enough value in a trade, keep him. If he threatens to hold out, fine his dumb ass.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add to that no comments from the Vike's organization at all about AP's desire to come back, and both sides agreeing to remain silent, I think the writing here is pretty much on the wall.

The only wall that has any writing on it is the one in your padded cell.

If your super fired up about AP playing here, fine that's your call.
But you take every single piece of AP news and no matter what it is, somehow you see it as proof that he's leaving.

You have desire and reality. I try to keep them close
together. If I didn't I would still be waiting for Olivia Munn to return my calls.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've stated previously. I'm not concerned. If they don't get good enough value in a trade, keep him. If he threatens to hold out, fine his dumb ass.

Zimmer has already said that he would accommodate him, so why hold out?

"Zimmer has twice told PFT Live that, if Peterson is dead set on leaving the Vikings, Zimmer would accommodate the player."

"Zimmer did leave room for the possibility that Peterson will want a fresh start elsewhere, and he said if that’s the case, the Vikings would be open to it."

"Zimmer told PFT Live in January and again last month that, if Peterson is dead set against playing for the Vikings, the team would work something out. But Zimmer also has said he believes he’s a good recruiter."

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing would be to trade him and receive some value... preferably draft picks.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing would be to trade him and receive some value... preferably draft picks.

Yup. Waiting until camp and dragging things out past FA, would only dilute AP's trade value, and teams will just wait for them to cut him. This is not rocket science.