• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Proposition

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I’ve made the championship and I’m playing the guy who won the regular season. It is a money league and he’s already won $100. The playoff winner gets $309 and the playoff runner up gets $100. So he texts me last night and wants to know if I’d be interested in agreeing to just split the $400 down the middle regardless of who wins the championship. I gave him shit about being scared, but it’s tempting. However, being a FF newb I wanted to check with you guys on two things.

1) Is this frowned upon in FF circles as collusion? I don’t see why it would matter since it’s just me and him that it affects. However, I don’t want to be an asshole either. What do you guys think?

2) How do you think my team stacks up compared to his? He did kick my ass earlier in the season but you know how that goes. Would you risk it all for the big prize and like your chances?

Full PPR

My team:
QB: Mayfield (Could also snag Allen)
RB: CMac, McGuire, Gus, Riddick, Martin (Putting in for Ballage)
WR: Hill, OBJ, Anderson, Foster,
TE: Graham, Ian Thomas
D/ST: Trying to snag Tennessee

His team:
QB: Mahomes, Rivers
RB:Conner, Samuels, Ingram, Mack, Justin Davis, L. Murray, Ware, Duke
WR: M. Thomas, C. Davis
TE: Cook, Brate
D/ST: Houston

Thoughts?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I’ve made the championship and I’m playing the guy who won the regular season. It is a money league and he’s already won $100. The playoff winner gets $309 and the playoff runner up gets $100. So he texts me last night and wants to know if I’d be interested in agreeing to just split the $400 down the middle regardless of who wins the championship. I gave him shit about being scared, but it’s tempting. However, being a FF newb I wanted to check with you guys on two things.

1) Is this frowned upon in FF circles as collusion? I don’t see why it would matter since it’s just me and him that it affects. However, I don’t want to be an asshole either. What do you guys think?

2) How do you think my team stacks up compared to his? He did kick my ass earlier in the season but you know how that goes. Would you risk it all for the big prize and like your chances?

Full PPR

My team:
QB: Mayfield (Could also snag Allen)
RB: CMac, McGuire, Gus, Riddick, Martin (Putting in for Ballage)
WR: Hill, OBJ, Anderson, Foster,
TE: Graham, Ian Thomas
D/ST: Trying to snag Tennessee

His team:
QB: Mahomes, Rivers
RB:Conner, Samuels, Ingram, Mack, Justin Davis, L. Murray, Ware, Duke
WR: M. Thomas, C. Davis
TE: Cook, Brate
D/ST: Houston

Thoughts?

so the loser gets an extra 100 dollars?? that is stupid... If it was all or nothing, then maybe... But since the runner up still gets money, there would be no way I would split...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since the money isn't life changing, and most of my leagues are friendly, i don't mind when people split the pot

i'll offer a weighted split to even out the prize, so if 409 is on the line, I'd offer to split 300 evenly - both get 150, then the winner gets the extra 109 - dilute the prize pool down so its more of an even split and you mitigate some risk

just depends on your individual situation, I agree completely that the prize pot is for the top 2 teams to determine, not anyone else's business

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, he's probably scared, some of his big guns have been crap lately, Mahommes is slowing (and with Hill you'll offset a significant portion of anything he does), Thomas has been in check, there's uncertainty with the Steelers backfield, Ingram hasn't been scoring...

As far as the agreement? Meh, I dunno if a gentleman's agreement is really frowned upon, but I sure wouldn't do it. It would take any thrill out of the entire process, to me. I say you go for it.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Monkey on this one. I don't see any problem with splitting. Is it really the money that matters to most of us anyway or getting the brag that we won? In my main money league that I am the commish in, we have a trophy, so it's all about getting your name on the trophy, not the money. In my league this year the guys playing in the final have already agreed to split. 1st place pays $800.00 and 2nd place pays $450.00, so they decided that they would rather split and each win $625.00. But nobody remembers who won how much money years from now, but they can never take your name off of the trophy or take the fact that you won away from you.

As far as matching the lineups up, if there's anything that the last three weeks have taught us, it's a crap shoot. There's just as good of a chance to lose as win. In one league that I am in the final of, 1st place pays $350.00 and 2nd place pays $150.00, so I texted the guy I'm playing in the final and we decided that 1st will get $275.00 and 2nd will get $225.00 so you still win a little more for 1st, but you're also guaranteed at least $225.00

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im okay with splittling...i just wouldn't do it with that team against his.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, he's probably scared, some of his big guns have been crap lately, Mahommes is slowing (and with Hill you'll offset a significant portion of anything he does), Thomas has been in check, there's uncertainty with the Steelers backfield, Ingram hasn't been scoring...

As far as the agreement? Meh, I dunno if a gentleman's agreement is really frowned upon, but I sure wouldn't do it. It would take any thrill out of the entire process, to me. I say you go for it.

to me. him having HIll really neutralizes Mahommes. especially if TD passes are worth 4 points.