• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Information Klay Thompson

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN 710 - Los Angeles today by Mychal Thompson and John Ireland, Klay submitted his applications to virtually every college in the Pac 12 bracket and virtually everyone even with assistance from his dad, was rejected. The answer by virtually every program director was "We have players much better than him. Now in the presence he is a force in the NBA, in a playoff team and an all star player and to my knowledge none of the others in the pac 12 in that era made into the NBA. So much for the Pac 12 being high in the intelligence department

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your knowledge none of the others in the Pac12 in that era made it to the NBA? Uhh. Check your facts please… from 2008-2011 (Klay's tenure @ Wash St.) the following players were drafted:

Russell Westbrook, Isaiah Thomas, Nikola Vucevic, Derrick Williams, DeMar DeRozan, James Harden, Taj Gibson, Darren Collison, Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill, Jrue Holliday, Ryan Anderson, Jerryd Bayless, Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, Kevin Love, Quincy Pondexter, Landry Feilds, etc, etc….

It's a cute story, but wtf are you talking about with that comment?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac 10-12 gets gutted by the NBA every year.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some real big names on that list too. Maybe I'm missing something but strange thread.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To your knowledge none of the others in the Pac12 in that era made it to the NBA? Uhh. Check your facts please… from 2008-2011 (Klay's tenure @ Wash St.) the following players were drafted:

Russell Westbrook, Isaiah Thomas, Nikola Vucevic, Derrick Williams, DeMar DeRozan, James Harden, Taj Gibson, Darren Collison, Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill, Jrue Holliday, Ryan Anderson, Jerryd Bayless, Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, Kevin Love, Quincy Pondexter, Landry Feilds, etc, etc….

It's a cute story, but wtf are you talking about with that comment?

Us Lakers fans refer to those as "TLF moments". Some old people call them "senior moments."

Any time you read a TLF post and find yourself saying :wtf: you just experienced a "TLF moment."

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't really keep up with the college scene - I just thought it was funny that none of them wanted Klay Thompson and rejected a player who turned to be extremely good. I wouldn't go so far as to say that he is better than the others mentioned in your temper tantrum, but I think we both agree that he was hardly worthy of being rejected across the board either. In short they all screwed up

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
happens all the time... "no one" wanted steph curry either... the NBA is littered with players who no one wanted in college

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
happens all the time... "no one" wanted steph curry either... the NBA is littered with players who no one wanted in college
Too be fair though - It would be nearly impossible for a group of scouts to check out every player in the USA. One would think though that with Mychal Thompson, a former NBA player of a championship team submitting his applications and promoting him that at least one team would have looked at him and considered his back ground.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Washington St worked out as a good place for him. He had the opportunity to be the man there and really show what he could do and ended up being a lottery pick.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the Currys got into a major program either.......Hell Seth had to transfer into Duke AFTER his brother went pro and they pointed out his former pro dad couldn't get either into his alma mater. Scouts miss out on a lot of good talent, it happens.

Watch this draft closely. You'll see guys like Frank Kaminsky get talked up as a first round pick, and spend his career on the bench. If it's one thing I've learned about the NBA.....if you only have one applicable skill on the court, you won't make it. You have to be able to do several things really well. Kaminsky is a great college player......but he's going to be a jump shooting power forward at the next level and if he can't put it on the floor or post up, he won't see much court time.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.. Thompson used to be a lazy pothead. Teams don't have a crystal ball to tell them which players will piece themselves together and improve their work ethic.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't really keep up with the college scene - I just thought it was funny that none of them wanted Klay Thompson and rejected a player who turned to be extremely good. I wouldn't go so far as to say that he is better than the others mentioned in your temper tantrum, but I think we both agree that he was hardly worthy of being rejected across the board either. In short they all screwed up
Well to make a false statement about the Pac-10/12 not putting anyone in the NBA over a four year span except for Klay Thompson was insane. Just look at the other names on that list. There are perennial all stars everywhere. Goodness. I guess everyone has brain farts at some point but this one was a doozy.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to make a false statement about the Pac-10/12 not putting anyone in the NBA over a four year span except for Klay Thompson was insane. Just look at the other names on that list. There are perennial all stars everywhere. Goodness. I guess everyone has brain farts at some point but this one was a doozy.

That's what they said, but they are always talking trash, so who knows. I don't follow the pac 12 and don't care what they do. If it's not the Lakers I don't even watch.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.. Thompson used to be a lazy pothead. Teams don't have a crystal ball to tell them which players will piece themselves together and improve their work ethic.
Who said he used to be a lazy pothead?

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I just did, it's my opinion and why I thought Golden State taking him at 11 was a reach. Him and a few other WSU players were busted for marijuana one time. And his body language on the court used to be sullen like he didn't care a lot.
Anyway Thompson never made the NCAA tournament in 3 years at Pullman. Do you really think the other Pac schools should be kicking themselves much over it?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I just did, it's my opinion and why I thought Golden State taking him at 11 was a reach. Him and a few other WSU players were busted for marijuana one time. And his body language on the court used to be sullen like he didn't care a lot.
Anyway Thompson never made the NCAA tournament in 3 years at Pullman. Do you really think the other Pac schools should be kicking themselves much over it?
So because a person used pot one time - that makes him a pothead?:L

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like him though - that's fine with me, but so far he has turned out to be a good player for the Warriors and they seem to be quite happy. I guess it's a good thing they didn't listen to you - lmao

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Us Lakers fans refer to those as "TLF moments". Some old people call them "senior moments."

Any time you read a TLF post and find yourself saying :wtf: you just experienced a "TLF moment."

And boy, we had plenty of them.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what they said, but they are always talking trash, so who knows. I don't follow the pac 12 and don't care what they do. If it's not the Lakers I don't even watch.

It's clear, that's not what they said. Even if you don't follow the Pac 12 at all, you really think a P5 conference ( Pac 12, SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10) will go years without sending a single player to the NBA?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear, that's not what they said. Even if you don't follow the Pac 12 at all, you really think a P5 conference ( Pac 12, SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10) will go years without sending a single player to the NBA?
Whatever -