• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Houston hire

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman hired former Rice TE James Casey as an "offensive analyst". This is Casey's first coaching gig, I think, since he spent the last seven years in the NFL. He was also an All-American player when Herman was OC at Rice. Here is what Herman says of his former player: " "Just one of my top two or three players of all-time I’ve ever coached,” Herman said. “He wants to get into the business. You’re not going to find a harder working guy in America than James Casey.”"

I would not be surprised to see Casey do well as a coach. He certainly was a great college player. Very good ST player in the NFL too.

James Casey reunites with Tom Herman on the University of Houston coaching staff

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what a offensive analyst does, but Florida could use about 7 of them.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is is he analyzing the opponents offenses or Houstons? like breaking down what the next opponent does or what did and didnt work for houston?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what a offensive analyst does, but Florida could use about 7 of them.

Holy shit, have you seen Saban's staff? He has like 4 or 5 of them I believe. He has a staff of almost 100 to his disposal. I think he even has 3 or 4 peeps who are responsible for wiping the players' asses after they take a shit......

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU could do for about 5 or 6, or maybe just a quarterback.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the position title is vague. I just really thought that James Casey was a great college player and a very good NFL special teams player. Given Herman's thoughts on Casey, I am enthud
my question is is he analyzing the opponents offenses or Houstons? like breaking down what the next opponent does or what did and didnt work for houston?

Since he played offense and the word "offense" is in his title, my guess is that he'll be groomed as an offensive coach. That is, when Houston has the ball.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the position title is vague. I just really thought that James Casey was a great college player and a very good NFL special teams player. Given Herman's thoughts on Casey, I am enthud

Since he played offense and the word "offense" is in his title, my guess is that he'll be groomed as an offensive coach. That is, when Houston has the ball.
But as an analyst is he breaking down the other teams offense since he understands offense looking for things like number runs vs passes, playaction, draws, screens, motion, how often they throw to the RB and TE all this stuff by the numbers.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as an analyst is he breaking down the other teams offense since he understands offense looking for things like number runs vs passes, playaction, draws, screens, motion, how often they throw to the RB and TE all this stuff by the numbers.

He is an "offensive analyst" for Houston. Pretty sure that means he will analyze Houston's offense. Makes sense, too, since Casey played offense and also played for Rice when Herman was the Owls' OC.

Casey was a very crafty player. I won't be surprised if he positively affects UH's TE production. I don't think our TEs caught more than a dozen balls this past year.